[GAME] Versus Mode - Opponent with an all-Energy deck experiencing many mulligans

xdGunterxd

I met an opponent with an all energy deck, and he keeps drawing a new hand untill someone forfeits. Why is this possible?

Are you certain it was literally all energies? It could have been something like a Typhlosion deck that runs 30 energies. Such decks can pull a very large number of mulligans before they finally get a basic pokemon. As far as I know, it's impossible to make an energy-only deck without some major hax.

After about 70 draws he managed to geta basic pokemon. Otherwise it was only psychic energy cards. Whats the point?

Then he probably had like 1 basic pokemon in his entire deck. I'm as clueless as you about why anyone would do this. There's really nothing he has to gain from it. With 70 mulligans you can basically draw as much from your deck as you want to on turn 1. This is most definetly not a bug though, just really questionable deckbuilding on your opponent's part xd

There are 2 decks i can think of that would run a huge amount of energy:

-Typhlosion deck = usually runs +30 energies

-Shuckle Motor deck = an Unlimited deck i used once that ran 50 water energies and used HGSS promo Shuckle and PF Kingdra to attack, it actually was quite fun :)

But this was probably just trolling ...

There are 2 decks i can think of that would run a huge amount of energy:

-Typhlosion deck = usually runs +30 energies

-Shuckle Motor deck = an Unlimited deck i used once that ran 50 water energies and used HGSS promo Shuckle and PF Kingdra to attack, it actually was quite fun :)

But this was probably just trolling ...

Rayquaza EX decks and Heatmor decks run a ton of energies as well.

I remember when I first started getting COL and HGSS energies, I had also managed to get a FA NXD Mewtwo, and I had a deck with 1 Mewtwo-EX, 4 ether, 1-2 skyla, 1 cpu search, and the rest was random energies. It was great for doing the psy damage challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Trainers,

I just want to add that if you feel that a user is abusing the game, please feel free to report them either in-game via the Report button that appears when you click their silhouette in chat or via support ticket. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Archived