"The way of the Pacifist"

AkTheSavior

So the Other day in an Expanded Tournament I went up against someone with a water deck, I wasn't expecting much seeming that he had to re-draw his opening hand several times to get a basic pokemon, So I started playing as usual and then about five minutes later, Something caught my eye, He still hadn't placed a singular energy. I asked my opponent "Do you not have any energy?" He replied with "Nope!" I then replied with "Lol, Why?" He then Follows up with "To Win the Pacifist way." At the time I didn't Understand what he meant, So I attacked and ended my turn, At this point he had 4 Wailord on the field without a Single energy attached to any of them. My Immediate thought was "Lol, Im going to win" Nope. Not even close. What he meant by "The Pacifist Way" Was that he had a deck based around Healing/Returning his Damaged pokemon to his hand, To stall me long enough to either run my time down, Or make me run out of cards. Sadly, By the time I noticed this, It was too late to do anything about it. As I only had 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds remaining and 16 Cards left in my deck. Now, If you're wondering WHY I posted this, Well. I was just wondering.. How many of you Have seen a deck like this before? and what's your guys/gals Opinions on this type of deck? 

You just got whaled, man.

Wailord Stall has been a thing ever since someone used it at the 2015 National Championships, catching a lot of people off-guard because no one was expecting it.

I played that deck for a few days. At first I thought that it was hilarious to watch the salt rain down, but I got bored of it pretty quick xd

You just got whaled, man.

Wailord Stall has been a thing ever since someone used it at the 2015 National Championships, catching a lot of people off-guard because no one was expecting it.

"You just got whaled, man."

Im actually dying XD

the wailord thing has been pretty prominent since it placed 2nd at nationals.

usually it runs flare grunts to remove energy, healing items and hugh to force discard.

a good way to tackle it is to:

1. have an energy recycler (landorus baby, yveltal baby can attach energy from discard and as a result almost neutralize the flare grunts)

2. play heavy hitters- mewtwo-ex with 6 stacked energy can hit for 120 a shot- plenty to win against wailord

3. remember not to let your hand get too big (n or colress it down to a smaller size)

4. win the stadium war (sometimes you just need to have your stadium in at the right time and that will just win the game for you)

wailord is a good deck, but when prepared, it's not all that hard to take down.. hope this helps!

the wailord thing has been pretty prominent since it placed 2nd at nationals.

usually it runs flare grunts to remove energy, healing items and hugh to force discard.

a good way to tackle it is to:

1. have an energy recycler (landorus baby, yveltal baby can attach energy from discard and as a result almost neutralize the flare grunts)

2. play heavy hitters- mewtwo-ex with 6 stacked energy can hit for 120 a shot- plenty to win against wailord

3. remember not to let your hand get too big (n or colress it down to a smaller size)

4. win the stadium war (sometimes you just need to have your stadium in at the right time and that will just win the game for you)

wailord is a good deck, but when prepared, it's not all that hard to take down.. hope this helps!

about the mewtwo, or just use mega and add about 3 colorless it should do more dmg easier. since its 30x the energy. but this poke also has a weakness if your poke is its weakness use the one that has high dmg dealing and it can. also keep eyes on ur cards remaining. also keep reshuffle trainers or so that way you can keep your deck from running out. if its unlimited and u have ltc. well the game really gets fun. cause then the object gets cancelled. sometimes i play in unlimited to use ltc to mess with the opponent.

btw have i ever mentioned how fun ltc is when its shown in the redraw screen.

I got lucky when I faced one recently. I got my AT Swampert and kept using its ability to search for Professor's Letters, while adding 2 water energies on each turn with Swampert's AT Growth. I was putting on energy faster that their Grunts and Hammers were able to disrupt me, til I ran out of energies in the deck. But I'd still basically won by that point.

That guy was also using AZs to save his injured Wailords and put them back out fully healed. And he used one of the new Slowkings for further energy disruption. I definitely would NOT have won that match without being so lucky as I was.

Archived