seminc

The Guru Cave is closing its doors. Apply for Guru candidacy today!

meagseevee

Hello! :)

I have one very very serious question, i even asked so many people, they couldn't answer it so, i just thought to ask if you know the answer?

how much packs i have to trade in order to get 2016 Break Season Deck box? -_-

I hope it's a very serious question? :P  

Oh Serofina..you are..you are something else lol.

Serofina

Oh Serofina..you are..you are something else lol.

Something else? :o

Thank you for appreciating, but i dint understand your joke, please explain me? :P

• Upvote 2

X1X193

Dear Guru,

Here is my Question :P Hope U will answer this xD :)  :ph34r:

Q: If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

Mextwo

Guru how much time would it take for me to get sr ub ?

NiñoMutante

Q: If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

OMG my brain exploded. Grey matter everywhere in my bedroom. Good question sir

• Upvote 1

GonzoMD1993

Dear Guru,

Here is my Question :P Hope U will answer this xD :) :ph34r:

I'm gonna hijack this thread for a moment and try to answer that. Asuming you can travel at lightspeed (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that from what's currently known from lightspeed travel it's impossible for anything that has matter to travel at light speed) you would probably not see the headlights at all.

If you're traveling faster than your headlights then you won't see them infront of you. Since it's physically impossible for your light to go through your vehicle (unless you're Wonder Woman and you're traveling in the Invisible Plane) you wouldn't see your lights behind you either.

awesome_guy

I'm gonna hijack this thread for a moment and try to answer that. Asuming you can travel at lightspeed (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that from what's currently known from lightspeed travel it's impossible for anything that has matter to travel at light speed) you would probably not see the headlights at all.

If you're traveling faster than your headlights then you won't see them infront of you. Since it's physically impossible for your light to go through your vehicle (unless you're Wonder Woman and you're traveling in the Invisible Plane) you wouldn't see your lights behind you either.

you are right about the "no matter travelling at the speed of light" for the moment at least

actually, since your lights are ahead of you spacewise, you still might see flashes of light as they bounce off of objects ahead of you. (the three or so feet in front of you allows for a very small three foot or so radius in which light can bounce off an object and still come to your eyes. if you were going backwards or if you had rearlights instead that would be a different matter.

bulbasaur32277

PKTyrantrum, on 01 Mar 2016 - ***** AM, said: I spent some time trying to think of a Darkrai pun, just for fun. And all I could think of that was even remotely close was Dark Raichu from the old Team Rocket set. But I couldn't figure out a way to make "Darkrai-chu" work. Edit: Oh, how about something like: When Team Rocket shows you their Darkrai, chu gonna be afraid. Lol it's stupid, but I tried. Darkrai puns are hard.
You are not the only one who cannot come up with a good Pokemon Pun.................I'm a Primape xample. Compared to other puns I'm quite the slowpoke. But as long as you try your best you'll have my seel of approval. (yawwwwwnnn) Man I'm getting Drowzee. I should get some sleep. I get really Krabby When I'm tired. Also i dont play well. I make wrong moves and dont Exeggcute my strategy properly. Plus I'm using tournament tickets so i dont want to take any Chansey. Plus I'm using tournament tickets so I dont want to take any Chansey.............................Did I just say the same thing twice................Jynx! But Keep trying, I'm sure you'll think of a pun. And if you do let me know......ditto? Edited by bulbasaur32277

PikabluTwo

You are not the only one who cannot come up with a good Pokemon Pun.................I'm a Primape xample. Compared to other puns I'm quite the slowpoke. But as long as you try your best you'll have my seel of approval. (yawwwwwnnn) Man I'm getting Drowzee. I should get some sleep. I get really Krabby When I'm tired. Also i dont play well. I make wrong moves and dont Exeggcute my strategy properly. Plus I'm using tournament tickets so i dont want to take any Chansey. Plus I'm using tournament tickets so I dont want to take any Chansey.............................Did I just say the same thing twice................Jynx! But Keep trying, I'm sure you'll think of a pun. And if you do let me know......ditto?

Audino, you're not that bad at puns if you ask me. Some of those puns gave me a good shuckle. Wynaut try some more? I think we could be quite the pun-making doduo. I'll stop now before I raichu a entire book of puns.

Xensor

whats the best way to get a good hand every game?

Inferno_Emboar

Having a consistant deck can influence it, but TBH it's up to mostly luck.

seminc

Apologies for the late response....

I spent some time trying to think of a Darkrai pun, just for fun. And all I could think of that was even remotely close was Dark Raichu from the old Team Rocket set. But I couldn't figure out a way to make "Darkrai-chu" work.

Edit:

Oh, how about something like:

When Team Rocket shows you their Darkrai, chu gonna be afraid.

Lol it's stupid, but I tried. Darkrai puns are hard.

Dont worry, darkrai puns are near impossible...

(unless you're awesome_guy)

Dear Guru,

Here is my Question :P Hope U will answer this xD :) :ph34r:

Gonzo has an explanation for this (read: he ninja'd me by a few hours :) )

Guru how much time would it take for me to get sr ub ?

Depends on how much time/money you spend grinding tournaments/buying codes

Correct. (Theoretically, as there is no way to get even CLOSE to the speed of light) In theory, you would see the headlights ONLY if you were in front of the car, and ONLY for the 1/100000000th of a second before the car hit you at the speed of light.

you are right about the "no matter travelling at the speed of light" for the moment at least

actually, since your lights are ahead of you spacewise, you still might see flashes of light as they bounce off of objects ahead of you. (the three or so feet in front of you allows for a very small three foot or so radius in which light can bounce off an object and still come to your eyes. if you were going backwards or if you had rearlights instead that would be a different matter.

You are not the only one who cannot come up with a good Pokemon Pun.................I'm a Primape xample. Compared to other puns I'm quite the slowpoke. But as long as you try your best you'll have my seel of approval. (yawwwwwnnn) Man I'm getting Drowzee. I should get some sleep. I get really Krabby When I'm tired. Also i dont play well. I make wrong moves and dont Exeggcute my strategy properly. Plus I'm using tournament tickets so i dont want to take any Chansey. Plus I'm using tournament tickets so I dont want to take any Chansey.............................Did I just say the same thing twice................Jynx! But Keep trying, I'm sure you'll think of a pun. And if you do let me know......ditto?

*applauds*

actually, overuse of puns is punishable by law (see what i did there)

Read inferno_emboar's post.... he nailed it

Having a consistant deck can influence it, but TBH it's up to mostly luck.

I'll try to be more punctual with my replies in future... sry...

-the Senor guru

seminc

Also, refrain please from using the dreaded puns....

Get the point I do, but driving me insane they are...

--His guruness the Yoda

Edit** Shoutout to the fantastic moderator that moved this to Other Pokemon Topics.

Edited by seminc
  • Upvote 1

X1X193

Thanks For replying, so we learned today that do not travell at the speed of light with head lights On Coz no use :P

• Upvote 1

PKTyrantrum

Guru, should I be embarred about this?

One time my sis and I saw a group of Seels on a little island off the beach. I wanted to swim to it but she was afraid. So I said "alright, I can go Solosis"

After I swam Mawile, I finally reached the islet. But the Seels had all left when they saw me ******** around. The sand on the islet was gritty and rough, but then I noticed something buried in it. It was a Lampent it was glowing!

I dug it out, ignoring the rough Sandslash-ing at my wrists. The lamp had some Darkrai-ting on its sand-polished surface. It read, "Mew think you can handle this power? Then rub me."

How Farfetch'd. But I started to rub it anyway. I mean, Wynaut? Right?

A genie came out! I couldn't Bayleef it! He was sitting on a rug floating in the air. He looked at me and said "I can take you on a Magikarp-et ride".

Edited by PKTyrantrum
  • Upvote 1

seminc

One time my sis and I saw a group of Seels on a little island off the beach. I wanted to swim to it but she was afraid. So I said "alright, I can go Solosis"

After I swam Mawile, I finally reached the islet. But the Seels had all left when they saw me ******** around. The sand on the islet was gritty and rough, but then I noticed something buried in it. It was a Lampent it was glowing!

I dug it out, ignoring the rough Sandslash-ing at my wrists. The lamp had some Darkrai-ting on its sand-polished surface. It read, "Mew think you can handle this power? Then rub me."

A genie came out! I couldn't Bayleef it! He was sitting on a rub floating in the air. He looked at me and said "I can take you on a Magikarp-et ride".

*palms face*

• Upvote 1

PKTyrantrum

lol  :D

ChawkyV

A genie came out! I couldn't Bayleef it! He was sitting on a rug floating in the air. He looked at me and said "I can take you on a Magikarp-et ride".

That was pretty good, Mawile got me !

You should definitely NOT be "embarred" about it !

iyado166

Mr Guru,

What is the trading value of:

- Mythical celebi

- Celebi 20th anniversary sleeves

Thank you

seminc

Mr Guru,

What is the trading value of:

- Mythical celebi

- Celebi 20th anniversary sleeves

Thank you

I have yet to find an actual quote for these items, but I'll take an educated guess...

Mythical Celebi = 2-3 packs

Sleeves = 3 packs

These values may be incorrect, I will try and hunt down the true values on public trades.

iyado166

I have yet to find an actual quote for these items, but I'll take an educated guess...

Mythical Celebi = 2-3 packs

Sleeves = 3 packs

These values may be incorrect, I will try and hunt down the true values on public trades.

Thanks... I have been offering the sleeves first for 3 now for 2 BP packs

Edited by iyado166

Spartanclone001

How do I win the Pokemon State Championships?

seminc

How do I win the Pokemon State Championships?

Beat enough people to get to the top cut. Beat everyone in the top cut. Sorted.

If you mean a good deck, Yveltal/Mewtwo or Yveltal/Archeops/Gallade, Night March, Queen March, and Toad/Bats are all viable. Your metagame may be different, so go to a league or two in the area before the event to scope out the metagame..

*remember, if you lose, I have nothing to do with it.

seminc

Just an FYI, I am closing the guru cave.

It was fun, and probably woefully off-topic from what is supposed to be discussed on these forums. I will still help out around forums as a guru (or Da Señor Guru if you want to get fancy), but I will cease monitoring this thread.

On January 1st, 2017, I will cast off the mantle of Guru, and give it to a willing individual who meets the criteria. The criteria for the new Guru is:

Must have been a member of this game since January 1st, 2015.

Must have knowledge of the game rules.

Must have a forum reputation of not less than 100

Must have card knowledge from at least HGSS-BKP.

Must have at least moderate technical knowledge.

Must be active on the forums (at least twice a week)

Remember, a guru may not insult other players, even if they are trolling or being obnoxious. You may request that they stop said behavior, but they are not required to, as a guru is lower than a moderator on the authority tree by about 50000000 points.

Keep in mind that Guru is not an official position, and Gurus are not allowed to discipline players on the forums. That privilege rests with the Moderators/TPCi_Staff.

The purpose of a guru is to provide help and advice to players in need, and a Guru found violating the ToS or the Guru Code of Conduct will be removed from Guru status and a new Guru will be selected from applicable candidates.

I will remain the selector of Gurus permanently.

The period of office for a Guru is one (1) year.

You may apply for the position using this thread, unless it would constitute bumping. Otherwise, you may request to become a candidate by mentioning it in a reply to another of my posts (You should still have a good reason to reply).

The current users who have applied for Guru are:

Littledarkfury

Thank you all for being awesome,

seminc

Da Señor Guru ;)

Edited by seminc
  • Upvote 1

Littledarkfury

Just an FYI, I am closing the guru cave.

It was fun, and probably woefully off-topic from what is supposed to be discussed on these forums. I will still help out around forums as a guru (or Da Señor Guru if you want to get fancy), but I will cease monitoring this thread.

On January 1st, 2017, I will cast off the mantle of Guru, and give it to a willing individual who meets the criteria. The criteria for the new Guru is:

Must have been a member of this game since January 1st, 2015.

Must have knowledge of the game rules.

Must have a forum reputation of not less than 100

Must have card knowledge from at least HGSS-BKP.

Must have at least moderate technical knowledge.

Must be active on the forums (at least twice a week)

Remember, a guru may not insult other players, even if they are trolling or being obnoxious. You may request that they stop said behavior, but they are not required to, as a guru is lower than a moderator on the authority tree by about 50000000 points.

Keep in mind that Guru is not an official position, and Gurus are not allowed to discipline players on the forums. That privilege rests with the Moderators/TPCi_Staff.

The purpose of a guru is to provide help and advice to players in need, and a Guru found violating the ToS or the Guru Code of Conduct will be removed from Guru status and a new Guru will be selected from applicable candidates.

I will remain the selector of Gurus permanently.

The period of office for a Guru is one (1) year.

You may apply for the position using this thread, unless it would constitute bumping. Otherwise, you may request to become a candidate by mentioning it in a reply to another of my posts (You should still have a good reason to reply).

Thank you all for being awesome,

seminc

Da Señor Guru ;)

Ill be new guru :o