Pokemon Z=Pokemon Rainbow

GrewupGeek

Hey folks, with the annoucements of Pokemon Go and Pokemon Sun/Moon, coming out this year, with Detective Pikachu just coming out in Japan, along with the return of the old games on the virtual console, one game pretty sure a lot of people, including me, have been waiting word on is Pokemon Z, but since there has been no word on it, came across a game called Pokemon Niji, which is Japanese for Rainbow, and supposedly, the game that is going to be used to celebrate the 20th anniversary, which leads to the question, is there ever going to be a Pokemon Z, or was the last third game always going to be Platinum?  Or are Z and Rainbow going to be about one in the same?  Like a way to make up for the awkwardness between XY and ORAS, since ORAS brought in a bunch of new Megas that can't be used in XY, yet if used in Z, would be limited, along with any new moves that were introduced.  Right now, like everything else involving Nintendo and Pokemon is wait and see, go figure.

Personally speaking I don't think there ever will be a Z version if we have 2 new versions coming out. Let us not forget that we haven't had a third version of a generation since Platinum.

No, just a couple of sequels, and too many hints towards a Pokemon Z, so , right now, it's up for grabs on wihter there will be a Z or if they were hinting towards a sequel like they did with BW.

Pokemon Niji?

Why am I just now hearing about that?

But now, looking it up, I can't find much at all. It seems like Pokemon Rainbow was just the code name for Sun and Moon versions.

It is, but it's on Nintendo release schedule for the 3DS.

Wait, so... 

It IS just a code name for Sun and Moon versions?  :huh:  Then how can it also be a separate game?

No, Rainbow is a separate game from Sun and Moon, as for any other detail, the only other clue would be that this game would be like going all out, like Nintendo did with ORAS, will almost.

Every link I found about "Pokemon Niji" comes from just BEFORE the Sun and Moon reveal. All such links mention Pokemon Niji as some addition to Z and Go. That makes me pretty sure Niji just turned out to be Sun and Moon.

If you could find me any link that mentions both Niji and Sun/Moon, I'd be interested to see it.

Rainbow is not the Sun and Moon games mentioned, especially since Sun and Moon are already trademarked, thanks to leaked footage.  Most of the articles I find mention the both of them in one place, meaning that they are not one in the same.  Type both of them and see for yourself.

Thanks. Typing them both in at once in search brought me articles that talked about both separately.

Now I am intrigued. And also confused as to why Niji isn't talked about much.

Well, it's the game that is suppose to be used to celebrate their 20th anniversary, so they are trying to build up the hype while making it one big surprise.  Plus, since the release date for Z was canceled, then it means it's going to be something big.  From what I hear from the tidbits, who knows, might be an adventure game with all of the pokemon in one game, with maybe a sneak peak on the next batch of Pokemon, like they did on XD, although on my part
that would be more like wishful thinking I guess.

Archived