Really bad moves on the AI's part?

Littlewing

So what really bad moves have you seen the AI make in this game so far?

Yesterday, I was fighting a grass deck (Forget which one, Platinum cup though,) and they evolved for Venusaur. Then used its Pokepower to move every single grass energy on their side (About six in total,) onto a 10-HP-left basic Pokemon for no reason. It already had enough energy to cover all its attacks, apparently it's programmed to use the power no matter what.

Then on another deck, again Platinum cup, the AI used Copycat. They had five cards in hand. I had none, my hand was empty. >_>

Then again the AI never seems to lose a status roll, maybe it's an equalizer.

what you meen with the Al m8?

The AI in the Trainer Challenge beta. In other words, what the opponent players have been programmed to do. For the most part they seem pretty solid, but sometimes they do really, really stupid things for no apparent reason.

Greetings!

Keep in mind the game is still in beta, so the AI will be making some non optimal moves, but it is good to keep a record of this for us to fix in the future, Thanks, and hopefully these issues will be fixed in future updates.

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent"

I have been playing a Water deck and had a fully evolved Totodile active. My opponent had a colourless Pokemon active, but then decided to retreat it for a weaker fire type, vulnerable to Water attacks. When I dispatched that, he promoted another fire type from the bench - another immediate dispatch.

Generally I think the AI plays quite well and I am pleased that it isn't too hard for my boys to pick up. They can get very discouraged when they lose to the AI. I have no issues with it making the odd mistake.

Greetings!

Keep in mind the game is still in beta, so the AI will be making some non optimal moves, but it is good to keep a record of this for us to fix in the future, Thanks, and hopefully these issues will be fixed in future updates.

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent"

Oh of course, AI is always a big pain to balance and work with, especially with something like a card game that has so many variables. I wasn't complaining or asking why, I was just making a topic where people could post the really funny mistakes they've seen the AI make. Mostly for laughs.

Like, today, I had two Grotles, one active, one on the bench, both with no damage counters and three Grass energy - totally identical.

The AI played Pokemon Circulator and got heads and swapped out my powered-up Grotle... For the other powered-up Grotle. It was funny, and topics like this can be nice stress relief after the AI manages its ninth heads on a sleep check and you just lost your eighth sleep check. :P

what is deck builder about and when it is coming out

Way to post on topic dood -_-.

The deck builder will probably let you build decks, but that's just a guess. No one knows when it's coming out, whenever they get around to it.

Back on topic:

Computers should never be given teddiursas, they are deadly weapons... for themselves.

Computers also don't know how to use energy, and decide to put it on pokemon that couldn't possibly be useful on their bench, like a teddiursa, which wouldn't be helpful against my Arcanine staring him in the face; instead of using that water energy on his active warturtle to actually do some damage.

Yeah, computers are a little easy, but it's better to be too easy than too hard. It's really annoying when the AI is too good, and you just lose over and over because they play flawlessly and get a lucky draw when it counts, particularly when their deck has a type advantage over yours, and you can't customize your deck (yet) to swap out some cards and give yourself more of an advantage.

It's AI; there is no lowercase "L". It stands for artificial intelligence, which is the programming used to make the computer-controlled characters you play against in video games (Like the NPCs in here, for instance) seem as much like you're playing a human as possible. So, the more sophisticated and well programmed the AI is, the smarter (but still not too smart; you can't let them know stuff that a real player wouldn't!) and more realistic the CPU-players' actions are. So these people are <strike>complaining</strike> making fun of the fact that that the NPCs are too stupid, and thus, the AI needs some work.

[There you go, Little'wing! wink_smile.png]

It's AI; there is no lowercase "L". It stands for artificial intelligence, which is the programming used to make the computer-controlled characters you play against in video games (Like the NPCs in here, for instance) seem as much like you're playing a human as possible. So, the more sophisticated and well programmed the AI is, the smarter (but still not too smart; you can't let them know stuff that a real player wouldn't!) and more realistic the CPU-players' actions are. So these people are complaining that the NPCs are too stupid, and thus the AI needs some work.

Like I said further up the page, I didn't make the topic to complain in. This is a beta, AI is VERY hard to get down in a card game, and as you say, making the AI too good is just a quick trip to ragequit-ville. I made the topic so we could all have a good laugh at some of the AI's antics/mistakes. I for one found it rather funny when the AI Copycat'd a hand of six cards for my hand of 0 cards. It was amusing. I wasn't telling the story to complain, I was telling it so that somebody might get an eye-rollchuckle out of it.

I have been playing a Water deck and had a fully evolved Totodile active. My opponent had a colourless Pokemon active, but then decided to retreat it for a weaker fire type, vulnerable to Water attacks. When I dispatched that, he promoted another fire type from the bench - another immediate dispatch.

Generally I think the AI plays quite well and I am pleased that it isn't too hard for my boys to pick up. They can get very discouraged when they lose to the AI. I have no issues with it making the odd mistake.

That is the reason why there are three difficulty levels available.

If you just want to chill out, go for easy or medium. If you want a challenge, choose hard.

I haven't noticed much change between medium and hard, though.

The Al is really stupid. Once i was playing agaist Cammie and she had a dark and water deck with her.I chose a fire deck. When i defeated one of her pokemon she had 4 water type pokemon in her bench and 1 dark type pokemon and she chose the dark type instead of a water type pokemon

right i was playing a grass deck, and my opponent had two bayleef active one on bench and one active, the active one had like 3 grass energies on it, then, she drawed a meganium, and evolved the one on the bench? the one with no energys on it? and then i killed the bayleef active with a dewott's razor shell. LOL

• 4 weeks later...

The AI is much better now - not using trainers to heal 10 damage, etc., but ...

opponent had a Charizard with just 1 energy attached (4 are needed for its only attack) and only 30 HP remaining and my active pokemon was doing 30 damage. AI attached energy to Charizard instead of a benched pokemon.

Archived