Sign in to follow this  
yensign

[CARD] Max Potion (Emerging Powers #94) - This card is not valid for Standard play

yensign

So I tried to Add Max Potion EPO to my deck and it told me that it was not Standard. Max Potion from the newest set worked ok. Please take a look at this bug and other similar cards from Expanded that might have a reprint in the newest set. Thanks.

Would upload proof if you want, but i have no clue how to do media attachments

• Upvote 1

Simplyobsessed

I don't think we're allowed to upload attachments, but I can back you up and say that it was the same for me :P

My secret rare Max Potion (Plasma Freeze 121/116) and regular Max Potion (Emerging Powers 94/98) were invalid for standard when I tried to add them.

The wording is slightly different on the new card, but it plays exactly the same.

Old: "Heal all damage from 1 of your Pokemon. Then, discard all energy attached to that Pokemon".

New: "Heal all damage from 1 of your Pokeomon. If you do, discard all energy attached to that Pokemon".

I hope they rectify this because I paid a lot for two SR Max Potions.

Edited by Simplyobsessed

yensign

I don't think we're allowed to upload attachments, but I can back you up and say that it was the same for me :P

My secret rare Max Potion (Plasma Freeze 121/116) and regular Max Potion (Emerging Powers 94/98) were invalid for standard when I tried to add them.

The wording is slightly different on the new card, but it plays exactly the same.

Old: "Heal all damage from 1 of your Pokemon. Then, discard all energy attached to that Pokemon".

New: "Heal all damage from 1 of your Pokeomon. If you do, discard all energy attached to that Pokemon".

I hope they rectify this because I paid a lot for two SR Max Potions.

Oh, is that it?? Which is puzzling, cause in the ingame client, they are placed together like two editions of the same card. So they are same but different. Well, today is not one of their best days, to be clear.

Vincento341

Client: 2.34.0.2252
Card: Max Potion
Card Number: Plasma Freeze #121 (Secret Rare), Emerging Powers #94
Expected Action: Should be able to add these cards into 'Standard' format decks.
Actual Action: The cards are not eligible for Standard play. Can be tested by searching for max potion with the 'Standard' filter on/off and they vanish. Trying to play legal decks with them make them not appear in the Standard decks section.

I am aware there is a text difference between the two cards. However, their functionality is identical. It's probably automatically excluded the older versions of max potion as they do not contain the exact phrasing of the newer reprint.

Mefftu

The same thread already existed. maybe a moderator put them together.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/37815-card-max-potion-epo-not-a-standard-card/

It can either be the problem that the wording slightly changed (now 'if ypu do remove the energies...').

More I favour this reason though: New cards aren't allowed officially for standard as of now each set will only become available for legal sanctioned play 3 weeks (or 4 - I'm not exactly sure) after the English set release.

seminc

The same thread already existed. maybe a moderator put them together.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/37815-card-max-potion-epo-not-a-standard-card/

It can either be the problem that the wording slightly changed (now 'if ypu do remove the energies...').

More I favour this reason though: New cards aren't allowed officially for standard as of now each set will only become available for legal sanctioned play 3 weeks (or 4 - I'm not exactly sure) after the English set release.

If your reasoning is correct then we should not be able to use the new one for 4 weeks either as neither of them currently are Standard legal IRL

• Upvote 2

Mefftu

Oops,

oh yes I completely forgot that all new added cards are already implemented in the game, yes.

So then the change of text which eventually doesn't change anything of the outcome is responsible for the non-standard legal Max Potion anymore.

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers,

This is a known issue which the Dev team is working to resolve, so I'll close this thread. We greatly appreciate your patience until this can be fixed and encourage you to create a new thread or submit a ticket via the link in my signature if you come across any other bugs.

Thanks for your report!

Chroniton

Max Potion from Plasma Freeze has not been made Standard legal after the reprint.

GonzoMD1993

Max Potion from Plasma Freeze has not been made Standard legal after the reprint.

You should skim through the forums before posting xd This has been asked about a million times, and the staff already stated that this is a known bug. They will hotfix it sometime in the near future.

• Upvote 1