defenses against delinquint from breakpoint

SYSTEMLORE

Vileplume + Delinquent + Red Card all in 1 turn is going to be unlikely enough (and the rest of the deck hurt badly in terms of power by all the necessary cards needed to maximize the likelihood) that I can't see it being a problem.

And Delinquent paired with Vileplume any other time is just laughable - discard the items you can't use.

It's an awesome card, but I doubt it's going to be broken unless they design some new card that has way too god synergy with it. Right now, I don't think a "broken" combo exists, but there are fun ones to try for sure. Still trying to find them all myself.

I don't know. Durant(the old one)/Miltank  + Vileplume + Delinquent sounds pretty good to me. Or you could also use the Malamar that makes them discard up to 4 cads as well. Malamar + Delinquent would be pretty insane and mostly likely end up making you constantly discard down to 0 cards.

Durant randomly discards their cards down to 4, then on the next turn you can hit them with Delinquent. The thing about Vileplume is that yes, they can discard their items, but once you get them down to very few cards chances are that a lot of what they are going to be drawing into will be items. 

It's pretty simple really.  Playing malamar control.  Inkay in play, first turn red card, play stadium, play energy, play delinquent.  Attack and shuffle last card back into deck.  Then eliminate energy plays.

Then they have to play every single card as they draw or get it shuffled, all the while you get to build up your bench. 

If they start to recover, evolve to Malamar and retrieve the pieces you need or swap their built up active with a benched Shaymin etc.

I usually play a mix of Inkay, Malamar and Malamar EX for their different control effects and then just go get them with balls or fan clubs.

I like to play 4 Inkay with 2 Mental Trash Malamar and 2 Entangling Control Malamar, that way you can pick and choose the effect you need. I've got a really powerful deck that I mentioned on here a month of so ago that is Malamar/Malamar/Malamar-EX, and yeah, its pretty good. I will probably update it with Delinquent see how it can do.

As long as you don't play any Stadium cards and you can power it up quick enough, Giratina-EX from Ancient Origins can be quite effective as its attack won't allow your opponent to play their Stadium cards.

You do want your opponent to play stadiums so you can discard them. 

You do want your opponent to play stadiums so you can discard them. 

Defenses against Delinquent is what the title of this thread is.

Delinquent requires the discarding of a Stadium card. As long as there is no Stadium card in play, your opponent cannot force you to discard 3 cards from your hand. Giratina's attack prevents your opponent from putting down any Stadium card therefore making Delinquent useless.

So if you're defending against Delinquent, I fail to see why you would want your opponent to put Stadium cards in play.

delinquent is too situational imo, the RNG must love you every game for you to get the perfect red card, delinquent , stadium in hand turn 1, but then after that the plan would fall apart because you cannot constantly get stadiums and delinquent every turn, i mean aswell they could have sycamore in hand and plan is down the drain, i can see this not being used as a troll discard card, but a card that can get rid of a stadium of you dont have any counter stadiums

Archived