Anyone Got any nice idea For break point Ho-Oh ex

Mextwo

I was thinking that everyone is saying xy9 ho-oh is useless so why not make it useful by using some strategy against night march the Ho-Oh has a good advantage so using bat line would be good so u can kill joltiks very fast also with Ho-Oh's attack u can spread damage so its a good combination .for acceleration i was thinking to use max elixir and victini ex its a decent combination and good imo and also compressors / ultra balls and double smeargles we can take the most use o it if we think properly tell me ur ideas in the reply section below

One more thing anyone know how much it will be priced in tcgo ?

Thanks ! Appreciates the best idea :)

The issue with Ho-Oh EX is that it requires 3 different energies to attack, so the only reliable way to charge it up would be with max elixir and energy accelerators with smeargle. I think that's just going to be too slow.

Then theyr's also the ability which requires a fire energy. The problem with that is that it's attack doesn't need a fire energy at all, or even a colorless energy, so to use it and be able to attack you would need 4 energies attached. Rainbow energies can get around that since they provide all energy types (only one at a time, but since you use the ability first and then attack, it counts as a fire energy when you use the ability and as something else when you attack).

I guess you could try to fit it in in a whacky multi-energy deck, like with promo arceus or something. It looks like a fun card but it's defenitely not very practical to use.

U are right with energies but it can still be fixed somehow i dont play standard otherwise i would have used shaymin (non ex) with older ho-oh for getting energies only thats a good idea but costs alot since shaymin ( non ex ) are also expensive and ho-oh also ..

Btw using 3 victini ex isnt a bad idea

Edited by Mextwo

B

The issue with Ho-Oh EX is that it requires 3 different energies to attack, so the only reliable way to charge it up would be with max elixir and energy accelerators with smeargle. I think that's just going to be too slow.

Then theyr's also the ability which requires a fire energy. The problem with that is that it's attack doesn't need a fire energy at all, or even a colorless energy, so to use it and be able to attack you would need 4 energies attached. Rainbow energies can get around that since they provide all energy types (only one at a time, but since you use the ability first and then attack, it counts as a fire energy when you use the ability and as something else when you attack).

I guess you could try to fit it in in a whacky multi-energy deck, like with promo arceus or something. It looks like a fun card but it's defenitely not very practical to use.

Btw do u have any fa Ho-Oh drx? For trade if so tell me i would buy it

• Downvote 1

B

Btw do u have any fa Ho-Oh drx? For trade if so tell me i would buy it

Sadly I don't. I only joined recently so I barely have any cards from the B&W era and older.

You could try making an offer in the In Game Item Exchange section. I'm sure there are at least a couple of people here who could trade you one.

I think Victini EX is the only idea I've heard that isn't ridiculously complicated.

It's got to be a basic fire energy for the ability to work if I read the text correctly.  It's tragic because it is such a gorgeous card.

If it was a Dragon, you might have a chance. . .  You could use Reshiram RSK to attach fire energy, use Smeargle and use DDE, but . . .

Volcarana? Solar Birth a Ho-Oh EX and you're halfway there.

Maybe in a Rainbow Force deck?

I thought there was some pokemon with an attack that got 3 different types of energy and attached it, or one for each different type of pokemon on your bench. .. Delcatty - Energy Salon?  I thought there was a leaf type recently released. ..

Anyways, sounds like Cilan and Professor's Letter might be better.  Combo with Dragonite EX?

Yeah, brutal, can't see how you can possibly power up Ho-Oh EX in less than 3 turns barring some outrageously lucky Max Elixirs, or Victini EX.

Glad someone is thinking of this because I am a naysayer.  It looks so awesome and kind of sucks. . .  I think maybe I am just not smart enough to figure it out.

Lol, you could Time Puzzle Victory Piece back into your hand. . .

Edited by fr33land

It's got to be a basic fire energy for the ability to work if I read the text correctly. 

Nvm apparently I don't know how to read cards xd That's so sad, that means that you really do need to have 4 energies attached in order to make use of both the attack and the ability.

Yeah if it were a dragon type I'd be more usable. DDE would help massively, You'd still need the basic fire energy, but it would make energy attachment much faster still. There's also Reshiram/Smeargle. But in the end Ho-Oh only has the energy costs of a dragon, while stuck in the colorless type xd

You could use FF76 Flygon's Rainbow Shower, but I guess that'd be overly complicated too since it's a stage 2, it takes the turn it attacks, and you'd need to have all 4 of the different energies in your hand when you attack. 

Tbh Solar Birth is probably the best suggestion I've heard so far. That way you just need to have any energy on hand and pick up the other 2 with solar birth to be able to attack on the next turn. If you have 2 different types on hand, then you can pick up the other 2 with solar birth, you'll be able to attack next turn, and from the next turn and on you'll be able to use the ability.

The problem with Delycatty and Parasect is that it attaches those 3 energies to 3 different pokemon. You would then need to find a way of switching those energies. You can't exactly rely on the Energy Switch card, because you would need to have 2 of those in your hand for a 2 turn charge.

I just thought of it being in a manectric EX deck with rainbow energies tbh

While rainbow energies will defenitely help, they sadly can't be used to proc purifying fire like I thought, since it actually requires a basic fire energy.

maybe just a multi-energied manec ex deck.. considering manec/m-mane are pretty good against of the currently played decks (other than lucario- which ho-oh has a resistance to, ho-oh could be teched in as a 1 of on a deck with two of grass water and fire energy)

the damage spread and the ability will definitely be useful alongside manec's rough seas healing

considering a decklist running 4-5 lightning and two each of the other types, you could actually tech in a bunch of other pokemon (pretty much any basic to which the energy requirements are met)

I know this puts a lot of pressure on the manec line, but once you get that out, it should all be smooth sailing from there..

of course this deck wont be super competitive, but the surprise element will definitely get you a few wins

I dont think using m manectric is a nice idea because we are already running lots of stuff and making place is a tough work because we need atleast 2-3 lines

Edited by Mextwo

maybe just a multi-energied manec ex deck.. considering manec/m-mane are pretty good against of the currently played decks (other than lucario- which ho-oh has a resistance to, ho-oh could be teched in as a 1 of on a deck with two of grass water and fire energy)the damage spread and the ability will definitely be useful alongside manec's rough seas healingconsidering a decklist running 4-5 lightning and two each of the other types, you could actually tech in a bunch of other pokemon (pretty much any basic to which the energy requirements are met)I know this puts a lot of pressure on the manec line, but once you get that out, it should all be smooth sailing from there..of course this deck wont be super competitive, but the surprise element will definitely get you a few wins

Give me a decklist plz so i can see

I think you could potentially make a deck that only uses Mega Manectric and Ho-Oh as attackers and use Smeargle to swap the energies around. Mega Man and Ho-Oh could be swapped around when the get hurt and heal on the bench. Your opponent would be forced to take 1 or 2HKO's, which could be made difficult by putting a Fighting Fury Belt on Ho-Oh.

I don't think this deck would be nearly as good as the standard Mega Man + water deck, but it could be fun to use.

Edited by Metleon8

I honestly can't think of anything that would require any less than 3 turns for a full setup either. If you just wanted to attack, you could take 2 turns with either Solar Birth or Turbo Bolt + energy attachment from the hand next turn.

You could Solar Birth, retreat, Turbo Bolt, retreat, and you're ready to go, but that's 3 turns already, not counting that you need to have M Manetric and Volcarona up already.

I just really wish they would at least allowed rainbow energies to work with the ability so this card would be a bit more viable xd It could even heal the 10 damage in the same turn it's attached. But, you can't do that xd

Yeah, I hadn't thought of Golduck Break, but you still have to get those energies onto the field. . .  How does Parasect work?   OK, I see. . .  But that's bench a Golduck Break, Ho-Oh EX and something else, evolve Parasect and attack, brutal, but you could have 4 energy on the field on turn 2.   Lots of Wally and Dive Balls so you can get Golduck Break turn 2 and Parasect on turn 1?  Add a Forest of Giant Plants for extra parasect-ness?

Edited by fr33land

Thanks guys for all the ideas but i sorted out myself and its a cool deck :) anyone know how can i close this topic? And let me know in game if u have 3 FA Ho-Oh from Bp i will buy

Thanks guys for all the ideas but i sorted out myself and its a cool deck :) anyone know how can i close this topic? And let me know in game if u have 3 FA Ho-Oh from Bp i will buy

You can request the mods to close your own threads. 

I always thought of pairing Ho-Oh BP with the Ho-Oh of Dragons Exalted + Golduck break + Smeargle. That way you can have it all set up fairly quick and keep them healthy with max potions.

Another idea could be any ancient trait GROWTH pokemon (gorebyss comes to mind) + Golduck break, allows you to attach at least 2 energy cards per turn.

My 2 cents!

Edited by NiñoMutante

I'm planning to make a Ho-oh-EX deck myself and plan to use it as a Wailord-EX of some sort. So far I have 3 (and still no Garchomp :(). What's Ho-oh-EX's card value anyway? Is it worth 2 booster packs?

Is it worth building a 4-energy type deck for Ho-oh-EX's Elemental Feather attack? I find the ability more valuable than the attack...I guess I could try making an Eeveelution deck. Thoughts?

I m currently using the deck and its. Very neat works perfect and it doesnt take much time if you are using smeaglesm4 max elixir u can run it fastly and in some circumstances u need a fast attacker for that reason i keep amdrx Ho-Oh in discard pile and ******* real quick the Ho-Oh ability works very nicely with Fightinh Fury belt on and bats