Can you play with custum decks trainer challenge?

Fellow01

how do u even get a deck

The basic decks are from the the challenge.

Thru deck builder you can make your own if you got cards.

The electric one everyone gets for free.

versus ai practice matches on tcgo randomly generate an opponent from the trainer challenge. You can also unlock the basic decks for tcgo by unlocking all awards with that deck(Defeat 12 UNIQUE opponents in the trainer challenge)

-Liam

Greetings!

Currently, you can only play the trainer challenge with the basic red/green/blue decks. Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent."

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know whether we will eventually be able to use custom decks in Trainer Challenge? Not allowing custom decks in Trainer Challenge seems to leave out one of the key aspects of the game. I also find that I have no reason to buy packs since the codes can't be used in Trainer Challenge (I'm only playing Trainer Challenge).

it's a catch 22, custom decks will make the trainer chellenge too easy

There is some strategy currently in picking which deck to use against an opponent. (but this is partly defeated by the game keeping track of which deck you used against who, thus implying you should use every deck against everyone)

But what I can't figure out is whether it's a good idea to allow you to use purchased theme decks in the trainer challenge.

I mean isn't that like paying to make the trainer challenge easier? There's no need.

I figure maybe you'd buy a theme deck to use online, and the Trainer Challenge is just a bonus. (Plus there are achievements. Sly move.) The only other reason I'd be compelled to get a theme deck for Trainer Challenge is just to have more fun while playing it, rather than to win easier. Which is surreal. But this is partly defeated by not being able to customize decks.

Oh, I just figured out the problem. Trainer Challenge is very finite. Once you beat the 4th league it's over. THIS is why buying a theme deck for it is a bad deal. You'd only need to use it until you finish the Challenge, which can be done anyway using just the starting 3 decks. If TC was like some epic campaign where you can continue to earn cards then it would be different. Maybe if buying a theme deck unlocks cards for it (kind of like the first 3 decks) such as 12 bonus cards (but you keep the original contents obviously unlike the first 3 decks) then you'd be rushing to the store to buy those decks. :D

Archived