Gameboy version

Lavithian

Wow, this brings me back.

If I recall correctly, the only other Pokemon TCG was on Gameboy (Colour?).

I was 9 when I played that game. I bought it for the same reason I bought Pokemon Puzzle League; that it had Pokemon on it :P.

But I remember how hard the Elite Four was on that game, not to mention how you could get all badges whenever you wanted and face trainers again and again and again.

Now, about 8 years later, here we have the unofficial 'sequel' online. Wow.

Thank you Nintendo!

Now all you need to do is bring Pokemon Snap back :D

I remember that game, it was really well done for a Gameboy game. This kind of does feel like an online sequel to that and just as fun. Pokemon Snap was a neat idea but I don't know how it stands up today.

Pokemon Snap is still fun as ever. I played it just the other day. They really should have a Wii pokemon snap. They could add more courses through download. Make it possible to have all the pokemon there is.

It was just plane gameboy, pre colour. Really amazing work on the interface given the massive display limitations... The AI was also much more intelligent then the current AI in the Trainer Challange, but hopefully they'll get around to fixing that up. The virtual world presented in the game was great, but they are going for more real world setting with this one... Devoid of exploration. Easier to present that way I guess.

Pokemon snap is still fun but feels small by comparison to modorn games. I'd pay for a sequel with all 500+ pokemon in it. :-P

Yeah, with like 6 runs and one of them is all Mew. Not even a 100 pokemon I think. It's quite limited. But the concept still works. I hope someone who can do something about it reads this.

I'd like to see another TCG for the DS/3DS in the mould of the GB game. (Hey didn't they say something exciting was coming for both of those platforms? And haven't they also been putting a bigger spotlight on TCG?)

Yeah, the GB version was surprisingly fun. I initially bored when I first played it because I realised it wasn't a pokemon game where you catch pokemon etc. But after a while I woke up at 5 to play the game.

Never got round to finishing it though....the Elite Four was 100X harder than all the gyms thus you had to grind for booster packs from the gym leaders.

You know dispite the added functionality of the touch screen and a second display I've yet to see DS collectable trading game port with a control interface that lives up to gameboy and GBA versions (and there have been quite a few).

I have to assume that the dual screen display and touch screen are harder to program for, otherwise I have to conclude that the old developers genius that was required to develop a good interface on a limited system is offset by the modern developers stupidity that takes over when you have a highly accessable platform to work with.

Archived