[CARD] Regice (Ancient Origins #24) - The effect of the Resistance Blizzard attack did not remain on a Pokémon when it evolved

royalebouquet

When Regice attacked Mewtwo-ex with Resistance Blizzard and next turn Mewtwo-Ex evolves in M Mewtwo (Vanishing strike full art one) and gets full charged with mega turbo the effect of Resistance Blizzard stays. 

Can this be fixed?

Just for clarification: There was a stadium card in play the moment you used Mega Mewtwo EX attack?

Else the attack doesn't ignore all effects on the defending Pokémon.

Vanishing Strike (when there is a stadium in play) goes through any effect so Resistance Blizzard's effect will not stay, 

When an effect says the defending pokemon, and that pokemon evolves it is not the same anymore so that effect won't apply, but obviously in Regice's case is says ALL EXS, but M Mewtwo-ex X 's attack negates all effects (when there is a stadium) so it won't matter anyway !

Vanishing Strike (when there is a stadium in play) goes through any effect so Resistance Blizzard's effect will not stay, 

When an effect says the defending pokemon, and that pokemon evolves it is not the same anymore so that effect won't apply, but obviously in Regice's case is says ALL EXS, but M Mewtwo-ex X 's attack negates all effects (when there is a stadium) so it won't matter anyway !

I'm not sure if I read this correctly but I think he meant the opposite happened. He said that the M Mewtwo should have been able to go through Regice's resistance blizzard but it didn't.

Like Mefftu said, it's possible there was no stadium in play, so Resistance Blizzard's effect isn't ignored.

If there WAS a stadium in play and the M Mewtwo still didn't do damage then this is a bug. We would need royalebouquet to clarify that to know.

actually its bugged.

when you retreat

and use another pokemon its suppose to remove that ability. same as if there is a stadium that removes those type of things. that move is rigged (bugged). i had it happened to me. with my mewtwo and another pokemon. that move should be fixed tho to be allowing atleast dmg done to it or make the move a coin flip

actually its bugged.

when you retreat

and use another pokemon its suppose to remove that ability. same as if there is a stadium that removes those type of things. that move is rigged (bugged). i had it happened to me. with my mewtwo and another pokemon. that move should be fixed tho to be allowing atleast dmg done to it or make the move a coin flip

I'm not quite sure if I understood you. Resistance Blizzard gives Regice a self buff that negates all effects and damage to it during its oponents next turn from pokemon EX. that doesn't change under any circumstances, with the only axception being effect ignoring attacks. If you lysandre regice to the bench, that regice is still inmune to damage from ex snipers. If you send it to the bench and back with some combination of trainers and abilities (like escape rope + lysandre for example), it's still in effect. If you swap out the EX that got hit by Resistance Blizzard, your other EX pokemon still can't hurt it. If your active that got hit by RB wasn't an EX pokemon, your EX pokemon siting in your bench and your other pokemon EX not currently in play still can't damage it.

The only way to bypass Resistance Blizzard is with attacks/abilities that specifically say "Ignore all effects on the defending pokemon," like in the case of M Mewtwo EX X.

The (possible) bug here would be attacks that should bypass Resistance Blizzard (like Vanishing Strike with a stadium in play) not actually bypassing it. But again, we still don't know whether or not there was a stadium in play in this particular case.

If you lysandre regice to the bench, that regice is still inmune to damage from ex snipers. If you send it to the bench and back with some combination of trainers and abilities (like escape rope + lysandre for example), it's still in effect.

If this is the case, it's a bug.  The effect on Regice is supposed to go away if it's no longer the active pokemon per the rulebook.

If this is the case, it's a bug.  The effect on Regice is supposed to go away if it's no longer the active pokemon per the rulebook.

That's rather odd. Since there are some cards that specifically state that the effect remains only if the pokemon remains active (M Diancie EX and Haxorous for example) I thought that attack effects were one of those things that always remain in play unless stated otherwise, or else that bit of text would just be redundant.

I checked the XY Rulebook an you were right. It does say that all attack effects are removed if the pokemon leaves the active slot.

I think thats a wording problem rather than a bug. I'm more inclined to thinking that when they programmed the game they forgot that they had written that single line of text in the entire rulebook. Either that, or older rulebooks didn't say anything on the matter and the TCGO just didn't update accordingly when XY came out.

We still dont know what happened regarding the original question though xd the bug we were discussing was Vanishing Strike potentially not going through RB.

I'm not sure if there was a stadium in play, thought I had shrine of memories in play since I did damage change the turn before. I'll play test it some more, but i don't have very much time to recreate the situation.

That's rather odd. Since there are some cards that specifically state that the effect remains only if the pokemon remains active (M Diancie EX and Haxorous for example) I thought that attack effects were one of those things that always remain in play unless stated otherwise, or else that bit of text would just be redundant.

I checked the XY Rulebook an you were right. It does say that all attack effects are removed if the pokemon leaves the active slot.

I think thats a wording problem rather than a bug. I'm more inclined to thinking that when they programmed the game they forgot that they had written that single line of text in the entire rulebook. Either that, or older rulebooks didn't say anything on the matter and the TCGO just didn't update accordingly when XY came out.

We still dont know what happened regarding the original question though xd the bug we were discussing was Vanishing Strike potentially not going through RB.

Things like this have worked fine in the past, so this is more recently and probably tied to the new UI/animations.

And the reminder text is there for M Diancie EX because it's effect protects all of your pokemon, not just M Diancie EX itself.

Hello royalebouquet,

It would be incredibly helpful if you could submit your game log to us via support ticket if you experience this again. You can save the game log from your match by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, and clicking "Export". This will copy it to your Clipboard where you can paste it into a .txt file and attach it to your ticket. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Archived