This game disconnects way too much

Cefiro

Seriously.

We're not allowed to mention other online TCGs here, but those don't DC nearly as much as PTCGO.

Also, when you DC, you can't even reconnect to the game you were playing. That's messed up, since often I can jump back online within 20 seconds.

Sigh.

Yeah, sucks to get dced when beeing 1 turn away from winning after an intense 20 minutes match.

In tournaments, however, you can reconnect into the running game.

So the mechanic for jumping back into a game after reconnecting is there, they just want you to pay for it. (in form of tournament tickets)

Honestly since the latest update (few weeks ago) the game doesn't disconnect as much as it used to for me, they actually did a nice job this time when it comes to *** :)

Hello Trainers!

The support team may be able to help you figure out what's causing the disconnections! I'll submit your feedback to the Dev team for consideration regardless.

Thank you for your input! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I did complain about this very issue via a ticket but honestly their response was rather antiquated. I mean its 2016 & they were asking me to make sure certain ports where open...sigh, haven't needed to do that in 16 years. It's extremely frustrating to say the least. I'm wondering if the majority here are European because I question whether they have any servers over here or not, they did not answer that question in the ticket which raises my suspicion. I'm an avid gamer & I've never in all my gaming years, & there's a lot, come across disconnections at this rate, something is indeed awry its happening daily (enough to warrant this post today). As stated above they have the mechanic to reconnect during tournaments so why in the heck can they not do the same during regular play?. Do they honestly know what its like playing a match for nearly 20 minutes, winning & then having that STUPID connection thing flashing? EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! (to say the least). It's taking forever completing the ladder at this rate.

I don't think the location of the servers has anything to do with it. Being farther away from the server causes your ping to rise (which means nothing in a turn-based strategy game), but as far as I know it doesn't cause disconenctions.

Where exactly are you btw? I'm playing at the very bottom of the continent (I'm in Chile) and I still have perfect connection, so I doubt that the disconnections are caused by the servers being located in Europe (if that's the case; I'm more inclined to thinking that they're located somewhere in NA).

I can't really tell you what the cause is because I simply don't know. But what I can tell you is that it doesn't happen to everyone. There has to be some sort of specific condition that's causing some people to disconnect that doesn't affect everyone.

I'm in Ireland  & I'm getting sick to death of these connection errors now. To say its daily is an understatement, it's every time I play the game. I think I'll go back to playing AAA titles instead, at least they (ALL) have reliable servers although I'll hang & see if its still a problem when they upgrade on Wednesday. If not then buh bye pokemon.

Just wanted to say, i am using google fiber and my house hold gets this on every PC we use since we started playing.

Nothing i have been able to do to stop this it seems.  

Yes pretty frustrating.

Regarding the possibility to reconnect when playing in tournaments, I have noticed that some players disconnect on purpose at a time when they are about to lose. In such a case you have to wait 5 minutes before being given a win for the game if they do not reconnect.

It is great that one can reconnect to the game but I find that this 5-minute waiting period is too long.

The fact that some sore players, in a desperate move, ***** the system with multiple disconnections is very frustrating too especially when they manage to win the game for inactivity on your side

Archived