Trick Coin Burning Energy Stokezard

PKTyrantrum

I created a deck centered around Stoke Charizard and giving him a Trick Coin and Burning Energy to help him use his attack. Trick Coin to help Stoke work, and Burning Energy so he can keep using Fire Blast without having to discard. Plus Battle Compressors and Blacksmiths to further help him get set up or to keep energy if I didn't find a Burning Energy.

The other pokemon I kept in the deck are Intimidating Pyroar, Kangaskhan+Mega, and Lugia. I tried using other pokemon that would be helped by Trick Coin and Burning Energy, but the deck became too thin.

Any suggestions on what to add to this deck?

I used to play Charizard EX with Talonflame from PHF.  The right Fletchinder (FFI 17) can use Trick coin to do 40 damage with one energy and Talonflame can use it to do possibly 90 damage for 1 energy.  Blacksmith to it and you Jet Shoot for 120.  It's a toss up, unfortunately neither of them have free retreat like the XY and RSK versions.  The XY one, with Flare Blitz only needs a Blacksmith and can use Burning Energy well for 100 damage and has free retreat.  I suppose those crossed your mind since you were complaining that other attackers took up too much space.  What always happened with me was the Charizard might Stoke, but it would get KO'd with 4 energy on it and I'd end up Blacksmithing that to Talonflame and taking the game (?).  At least it breaks up your weakness a bit.  Mega Man Regice sucks.

Anyways, that's me thought, they aren't basic, they can attack for low energy and you can have fun with coin flips.

I created a deck centered around Stoke Charizard and giving him a Trick Coin and Burning Energy to help him use his attack. Trick Coin to help Stoke work, and Burning Energy so he can keep using Fire Blast without having to discard. Plus Battle Compressors and Blacksmiths to further help him get set up or to keep energy if I didn't find a Burning Energy.

The other pokemon I kept in the deck are Intimidating Pyroar, Kangaskhan+Mega, and Lugia. I tried using other pokemon that would be helped by Trick Coin and Burning Energy, but the deck became too thin.

don't think you'll really use mega-khan

don't think you'll really use mega-khan

I did use him in a couple of matches. But yeah, doesn't happen very often.

Archived