2 Shauna

1 Sycamore

1 Judge

1 Giovanni's Scheme

1 Lysander

1 Skyla

4 Double Colorless Energy

7 Water Energy

Basically, you use Mega Turbo and Energy Switch as a way to accelerate energy to other pokemon, namely Articuno. 

Since Mega Glalie will often hit for 100 that leaves opportunities to bring in Articuno to clean up for extra prizes. In addition, with Shrine of Memories you can potentially hit for 150 or 170 using Glalie's attack, again potentially setting up for Articuno or just straight getting a KO. 

It looks light on draw supporters, but keep in mind that I'm running 2X2 Octillery with 4 Dive Balls and 2 Ultra Balls, so getting turn 2 Octillery is pretty typical. Also, with 3 Battle Compressors you should be drawing into what you need pretty quickly. The Battle Compressors are to ensure that you can quickly dump energy and supporters to the discard pile and will thin out the deck quickly.

Healing would be nice, but I just couldn't find room. I'd like to add 1 Pokemon Center Lady, but am skipping it for now. You could swap out the stadium for Rough Seas, but I hate playing against other water/lightning stadiums and helping them out with my own Rough Seas, plus I think think Glalie's attack is pretty useful and worth the sacrifice. You can even Ice Breath if you DCE get's taken away.

I don't worry about Hex Maniac because with 3 Mega Turbo hitting Aegislah isn't that hard. I'm running 3 Mega Turbo even with 4 DCEs because if you have 1 water and 1 DCE on Mega Glalie you still want to Mega Turbo and then Energy Switch the energy onto Articuno. Also makes the deck more resilient to energy disruption in general.

Unlike what most people thought (myself included) M Glalie is actually PRETTY GOOD, not tier 1 good but still, it is underrated (i take back everything bad i said about it and I did say a lot), i do have a few suggestions thou:

-Even with Octillery, you must have at least 6-8 draw supporters with 3-4 vs seekers.

-Regice can help this deck out ... a lot.

Other than that this looks to be a very fun deck !

I tried putting in Regice, but there just isn't room with this particular setup. You would have to get rid of the Mega Turbos and Energy Switches. 

You'd be surprised how well this works without more draw supporters. The Battle Compressors make a huge difference in many ways. With 3 Battle Compressors its pretty common to open with a Battle Compressor and a VS Seeker in hand, which basically lets you choose any supporter you want. Also, by removing stuff out of the deck you improve the draw on what's left.

With 4 Dive Balls and 2 Ultra Balls I almost always have Octillery on turn 2. 

If you take out Energy Switch, Mega Turbo, and Battle Compressor, then yeah, you would have more room and would need to add in more draw supporters, but those three sets of items go together. Either keep them all or take them all out. That's 9 cards, but those 9 cards are what make it possible to have Mega Glalie powered up on turn 2 with Articuno powered up in addition to Mega Glalie on turn 3.

I tried putting in Regice, but there just isn't room with this particular setup. You would have to get rid of the Mega Turbos and Energy Switches. 

You'd be surprised how well this works without more draw supporters. The Battle Compressors make a huge difference in many ways. With 3 Battle Compressors its pretty common to open with a Battle Compressor and a VS Seeker in hand, which basically lets you choose any supporter you want. Also, by removing stuff out of the deck you improve the draw on what's left.

With 4 Dive Balls and 2 Ultra Balls I almost always have Octillery on turn 2. 

If you take out Energy Switch, Mega Turbo, and Battle Compressor, then yeah, you would have more room and would need to add in more draw supporters, but those three sets of items go together. Either keep them all or take them all out. That's 9 cards, but those 9 cards are what make it possible to have Mega Glalie powered up on turn 2 with Articuno powered up in addition to Mega Glalie on turn 3.

Oh well if it works than it's all good, but imo Energy Switch isn't that important, if it was me i'd lose them to Regice or more supporters (Judge - Battle rep) those 2 would help using Glalie-EX's attack :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying a variation of this out and its pretty good. I'm running 2 Shrine of Memories and 2 Rough Seas, with 2 Energy Switch and 2 Mega Turbo. 

I'm using 2 Muscle Bands, but still not sure if I should change to Trick Coins. The good thing about the Muscle Bands is that they work on Glalie as well. 

But one thing is for sure, which is that Shrine of Memories is the way to go with Mega Glalie. If anything I may change to 3 Shrine of Memories and no Rough Seas. In every game being able to it for 150 with Mega Glalie has been huge. There are so many Pokemon with 110-150 HP that are critical to be able to OHKO, and having the ability to hit for either 50, 100, 150, 250 or do paralysis with a single pokemon is extremely useful, especially against other Mega Glalie decks!

Made a few more changes and added in Regice after all. This deck is doing really good, and playing it is like a chess match often in trying to figure out the best way to mix and match the damage possibilities. It's really pretty impressive and its got a lot of flexibility and ways to put your opponent in a tough spot where they either can't or don't know how to attack. 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

2 Articuno ROS 17
3 Glalie-EX BKT 34
3 M Glalie-EX BKT 35
2 Regice AOR 24
2 Remoraid BKT 31
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 35

3 Glalie Spirit Link BKT 139
2 Rough Seas PRC 137
1 Skyla BCR 134
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
1 Battle Reporter FFI 109
2 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
1 Lysandre AOR 78
2 Shauna PHF 104
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Energy Switch FFI 89
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Judge BKT 143
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
2 Switch BCR 135
4 Dive Ball PRC 125
2 Mega Turbo ROS 86
2 Muscle Band XY 121
1 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

Energy - 11

7 Water Energy Energy 3
4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Total Cards - 60

I am trying something completely unrelated, but find Energy Switch is really awesome.  I started with 4 copies but ended up down at 2 like your Glalie deck.  It just seems to make for clutch plays at times.

I am trying something completely unrelated, but find Energy Switch is really awesome.  I started with 4 copies but ended up down at 2 like your Glalie deck.  It just seems to make for clutch plays at times.

Defiantely. I like it several decks, but especially Fighting and Water decks since they both lack much in the way of energy acceleration. Oh, I also use it in some Metal decks, but less now that we have Zororark. Without Zoroark though its great to Bronzong energy to the bench, then switch it up to the active.

Can you look at my Entei / Camerupt EX / Team Magma thing?  Energy Switch has a fairly obvious use there.  Help me fire type pokemon trainers I think is the thread.

You don't think Archie's M Glalie would work do you?  With DCE you can have M Glalie charged up pretty quick, or run Lapras as your lead.   If M Glalie takes a hit, no big deal.  I know you're not a fan of that mechanic, I only thought of it because I have pulled 2 full art Megas and no Glalie EX, so that's the only way I can play them if I wanted to.

I wouldn't try Archie's Mega Glalie. For one thing, Glalie-EX is really good and kind of essential to making Mega Glalie work. Weird, though, because I had the same issue. I got 3 Mega Glalies and no Glalies, so I ended up having to trade for them. 

But this deck has really been on a roll. The only games I've lost have been to Metal decks due to weakness. 

Now that I've added Regice opponents have just a really hard time trying to figure out how to attack, and Articuno is WAY better than Lapras in this deck. I never understood Lapras in this deck. I see lots of people running that, but IMO it's no good. Articuno is awesome.

If the opponent is running EXs then they have to deal with Regice, who they can't hit. They can try to Lysander Mega Glalie, but unless they can 1 hit him, then that's not going to go well either. If they aren't running EXs then they have to worry about Articuno, and typically non-EXs can't 1 hit Mega Glalie.

Against non-EXs Articuno and Glalie's attack are really powerful, because typically almost all non-EXs have 150 or less HP, which means that Instant Freeze will OHKO virtually every non-EX, or you can take double prizes on low HP pokemon.

Against EXs I've taken triple prizes many times with Articuno after first hitting them with someone else to get them low on HP. I just beat a Mega Mewtwo deck by doing this. Hit them write with Regice with a Muscle Band (and Giovanni's Scheme), then finishing off the last 10 HP by doing Lysander > Energy Drop > Switch > Energy Switch to fully power up Articuno using Regice's water and then taking the last 3 prizes to finish the game.

But really, I think that Shrine of Memories and having access to Instant Freeze with Mega Glalie is one of the big keys to making this deck really powerful. It is has been key to winning so many games with this deck. 

I think the deck just how I have it now is about perfect. I'd like 1 more Judge, I may replace the Battle Report with a Judge or try to fit in 1 additional Judge.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive drawn inspiration to this deck list and constructed my deck based on this concept, here is my deck list:

Pokémon - 14

2 Articuno ROS 17

3 Glalie-EX BKT 34

3 M Glalie-EX BKT 35

2 Regice AOR 24

2 Lapras

1 Manaphy-EX

1 Kangaskahn-EX

Trainer Cards - 34

2 Glalie Spirit Link BKT 139

1 Rough Seas PRC 137

1 Skyla BCR 134

1 Steven

1 Battle Reporter FFI 109

1 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

1 Lysandre AOR 78

2 Team Flare Grunt

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

1 Energy Switch FFI 89

1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105

4 VS Seeker ROS 110

1 Judge BKT 143

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

1 Switch BCR 135

2 Dive Ball PRC 125

2 Mega Turbo ROS 86

2 Muscle Band XY 121

1 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

2 Delinquent

1 Revive

1 Archie's Ace in the hole

1 Prof's Letter

1 Energy Retrieval

Energy - 12

8 Water Energy Energy 3

4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111

Ive taken the liberty of replacing some of the original cards, although i have enough of them for some energy and counterattack issues. Can the ** look into my deck and see if anything can be improved?This deck plays out big if you suddenly got the jump right on the first and second turn, and can finish decently on long games also..What is lack IMO is mid game where the fight is stale and you cant draw any good cards or energy to supply the pokemons.

Archived