First deck in A LONG time

8swol3

Hello, I played TCG competitively about 8 years ago.  Just downloaded the TCGO for my desktop last night, and so far I'm addicted.  I love the nostalgic feel, along with the new cards and mega evolutions.

I was just wondering, whats a good first deck for TCGO? I dont have any good cards to offer for trade, so obviously nothing with super rare ex/Mex cards. Just a decent deck to help me get back into it.  

I'm enjoying my water/normal deck with Gyarados/Articuno/Lapras/Miltank/Greninja, but as always, I know I could be doing much better.

So, just let me know what series/booster packs i should be spending my tokens on, and just some decent cards I should be on the lookout for! 

thanks

my ingame name is 

8swol3

Well for a first deck it really depends on what you want and what you have, Night March is a cheap and effective beginner deck that can help you win many battles and tournaments, and after you get more cards and packs it's up to you, the Standard Meta today is dominated mainly by:

-M Mewtwo decks.

-Bat variations decks.

-M Manectric / Regice and other Variations

-Lucario and variations.

-Night March & Queen March.

-Gengar / Trevenant

-Seismitaod and Variations.

-Yveltal and variations.

-Tyrantrum and Variations.

If you need help with any of these decks don't hesitate to ask :P 

And Welcome to PTCGO

Yeah. Night March is the deck to play for newcomers as most good cards for it comes from Theme Decks and are therefore very easy to obtain from the go with some planned purchases (look up decklist for it and then decklist for Theme Decks containing the cards you need). It is a little tricky to play at 100% though as there are many "opportunities" to do misplays, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're already familiar with the game! :)

Another good deck is Vespiqueen which works pretty simulary to Night March, however, it is reliant on Vespiqueen which is an Uncommon in Ancient Origins. Nothing too rare or difficult to obtain, but then you'll have to get boosters from Ancient Origins and hope you open four of her.

On the subject of Vespiqueen, I personaly use a Vespiqueen Eeveelutions deck with mostly uncommons (the rarest card is a Holo!). It serves me well personaly and has lostso of potential due to being able to set up turn two, and hit for weakness on three types, Grass, Fire and the Biggest weakness in the Metagame, Electric. Here's my decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 25

1 Bunnelby PRC 121
4 Eevee AOR 63
2 Flareon AOR 13
4 Combee AOR 9
4 Vespiquen AOR 10
2 Spinarak AOR 5
2 Ariados AOR 6
2 Jolteon AOR 26
4 Unown AOR 30

Trainer Cards - 28

1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
2 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
2 Acro Bike PRC 122
1 Shauna PHF 104
1 Blacksmith FLF 88
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Muscle Band XY 121
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 7

3 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is a good place to start as most the cards come from Ancient Origins, meaning you won't need to open too many packs. I have some spares I'm happy to trade as well, so just PM me in game.​

Archived