Item recovery?

LordCharizardX

We have Pokemon and Trainers that make it simple to get back discarded Energy, either to our hand, our deck or attached directly to our fighters, we have great things like VS Seeker to get back our supporters, but do we have any Trainers that can get back items?

There is Recycle form Emerging Powers that recovers any card at coin flip and Junk hunt Sableye's attack (Dark Explorers) that recovers 2 items, and I believe there is a Malamar either from XY base or AO that recovers Items too, but other than Recycle i can't think of any other item recovering trainers (Eco arm recovers Tools thou)

There is Recycle form Emerging Powers that recovers any card at coin flip and Junk hunt Sableye's attack (Dark Explorers) that recovers 2 items, and I believe there is a Malamar either from XY base or AO that recovers Items too, but other than Recylce i can't think of any other item recovering trainers (Eco arm recovers Tools thou)

How can you forget Junk Arm? :o

How can you forget Junk Arm? :o

Ouch my lack of experience in HGSS strikes again :P

but to be fair i think he meant Standard or at most Expanded which also reminds me of Dowsing Machine :P

Unfortunately most of those are Expanded or older, :(

Eco Arm sounds good, I am primarily looking to bring back Tools. Speaking of which, since XY base is in the line of fire for next year's rotation, are their any good substitutes for Muscle Band?

Machamp-EX decks have stuff like Heavy Boots, and Assault Vest only works if facing something holding a Special Energy, is there anything else!

Well if you mean a tool that adds more damage, there is a card coming in the next set that has a similar effect:

Fighting Spirit Belt – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Basic Pokemon this card is attached to gets its max HP increased by 40 and its attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack)

But other than that there is nothing else in standard that i haven't forgotten, but tbh i think Muscle Band would probably get a SR reprint or even a regular reprint, it's such an important card.

And for your first question, the only item recovery cards in Standard, are that Malamar and Eco Arm.

And there's also a card that, if you discard two of them, can get you any two things from the discard pile into your hand in the next set. I think it's name is Time Puzzle.

Ah, but being forced to play two at once isn't that enticing, but the Belt definitely seems great if Muscle Band doesn't get a reprint, or doesn't get one initially, thanks everyone!

Archived