Question about Bronzong's metal links ability

Afrodood

Alright I kind of feel silly for asking this but I'm a bit confused about a ruling and couldn't find anything on this... I was testing out a deck with Tyrantrum EX and noticed I could use metal links to pull out double dragon energy out of the discard. I know Double dragon can count as two of anything on dragon pokemon but does it really count as metal in the discard or is it bugged? Just want to know before I potentially make a deck in real life, answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Read the description of the Double Dragon card carefully. It says it only provides any energy when it's attached to a Dragon-type. Same thing with the other type-specific energy cards. So in other words, that isn't supposed to happen.

Same thing with the other type-specific energy cards. So in other words, that isn't supposed to happen.

Correction: "the other type-specific special energy cards". But you knew what I meant. :P

And you're welcome.

but different case if ur special energy is metal energy from Call of Legend set (not shield energy from Primal Clash). You can get that special energy from discard pile using metal link from bronzong.

Archived