[CARD] Shuckle (HGSS15) - The Fermenting Liquid Poké-BODY does not work with Blastoise's (BCR #31, PLS #137, PLB #16) Deluge Ability

Felidae_

Shuckle has the following Poke-Body:

Fermenting Liquid – Whenever you attach an Energy card from your hand to Shuckle, draw a card.

Expected action when using Blastoise's Deluge ability: draw a card for every energy you attach to Shuckle.

Reality: Only draw one card, no matter how many energy you attach via Deluge.

So there goes another one of my favourite decks that has become unplayable in the new Patch, neat ~~

Unfortunately when you are using the Deluge ability you are not "attaching an energy from your hand" even if technically it was in your hand... as this has been done through an ability. Same thing happens if you attach a healing scarf to a pokemon and use deluge, it won't heal 20 for each energy.

If this was happening before it was definitely not right unfortunately. 

Unfortunately when you are using the Deluge ability you are not "attaching an energy from your hand" even if technically it was in your hand... as this has been done through an ability. Same thing happens if you attach a healing scarf to a pokemon and use deluge, it won't heal 20 for each energy.

Unfortunately, you're the one that's wrong. Read the text on Deluge: "As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach [water] Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon." I suspect the change is a side-effect of the new UI. The devs really didn't think all this stuff through.

As I said, even tho it's technically from your hand (as you very well stated) it's done through an ability. Shuckle's ability its meant to be activated by the natural action of attaching an energy from your hand directly as stated by the official rules:

Attach an Energy card to a Pokémon

Take an Energy card from your hand and attach it to one of your Pokémon in play (put it under the Pokémon card).

Unlike most of the other things you can do during your turn, you may do this only once during your turn. Also, remember that you can attach an Energy card to a Pokémon on your Bench

Actually no, sorry they're right, Shuckle's ability is activated everytime you attach an energy via Deluge, this is definitely a bug.

P.S. That little excerpt above didn't really prove anything.

Hello Trainers!

This is, in fact, a bug, and the Development team is working hard to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing, Felidae_, and we greatly appreciate your patience.

I'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your reports! :)

Archived