2.33 Feedback

Patriarch

Except for a couple isolated logins, I've been completely off PTCGO for the entirety of 2.32. I thought the update was a horrible step backwards, and I was one of its most (civilly) outspoken critics. However, I gave the program the benefit of the doubt, and reinstalled it for 2.33.

Overall, I'd say it's gotten much better: I can complete games now, and can actually use it to test again. And for the first time since 2.32, my experiences are actually jiving with Sam_Hayne's claims that the speed difference is only slight.

However, there's still lots of room for improvement:

-Offer even further ability to speed up/simplify animations in the future.

-For all modes of play, dumb down animations for things with less dramatic purposes. Things like Unown's Farewell Letter and Shaymin EX's Set Up are NOT meant look cool -- they're meant to draw us cards! I've run 2-4 Unown in several of my decks, and I don't want to see them explode in dramatic fashion...I just want to draw my card and get on with life.

(This actually helps with your stated goal of "communicating the game's language to viewers." Essentially, save the fireworks for attacks.)

-The coin spinning at the start really, really hurts my head. Please get rid of it, or offer an option to turn it off.

-Speaking of which, while I like that pack animations are quicker now, there's absolutely zero reason to make them mandatory. It's crazy the developers haven't offered players an option to turn off pack opening animations.

P.S. not sure if this happened in 2.32 or 2.33, but certain abilities are way better now. Deluge/Inferno Fandango in particular are much quicker.

Oh yeah, in both 2.32 and 2.33, Retreating is a chore. I hate that I have to click on the card just to access it as an option -- save me a click.

I 100% agree. Good feedback. especially this:

-For all modes of play, dumb down animations for things with less dramatic purposes. Things like Unown's Farewell Letter and Shaymin EX's Set Up are NOT meant look cool -- they're meant to draw us cards! I've run 2-4 Unown in several of my decks, and I don't want to see them explode in dramatic fashion...I just want to draw my card and get on with life.

(This actually helps with your stated goal of "communicating the game's language to viewers." Essentially, save the fireworks for attacks.)

I think the honest feed back was that the animations were well done, especially the attack animations. Watching repeats of the same thing in one game feels redundant and like a waste of time (legitimately adds time).

I completely agree with all of this. There USED to be an option to turn off ALL effects as a whole and this made the process MUCH faster. 

Also, I don't know if this is an unknown bug or intended, but it is practically impossible to run 1 Pokemon decks now(such as lucario or mewtwo) because of some of the changes cause you to automatically lose because you have to keep redrawing cards until you get a basic and that causes a "you were inactive so you lost" case and I've lost 4 matches in a row. I don't own oodles and oodles of Mewtwo EX's so I'm making due with what I do have. The "improvements" literally only made things take twice as long and are even more excruciatingly painful when it comes to just general actions....

the loss thing happened BEFORE the patch, in the mulligans case i'm having to hit done multipe times to even redraw.. why?

the auto-loss for no basic thing needs to be removed, hardly fair given its RNG.

I abandoned the game after 2.32, because the update made it unplayable for me. I fired up 2.33, and for the most part it is a step in the right direction, though the errors introduced in 2.32 haven't been completely fixed yet.

I could live with this new UI if I could turn off the card pop-ups when your mouse hovers over a card, and if clicking a card that only has one place to go didn't require dragging it to the field. For instance, if I click on Dodrio and I only have a Doduo, it obviously has only one place to go. Drag and drop is great as an option, not as a mandatory control scheme.

The mulligans are ridiculous.  Since the 2.32 update, I am experiencing at least 1 mulligan more than 50% of the time, and with decks of 8+, usually 9 basic pokemon!  And that rate has actually gone UP since the 2.33 update.  There is something up with that.

And the clicking when you get a mulligan now?  Man, that is utterly ridiculous.  I do like that the coin flip is a little faster, but not enough yet, but that mulligan rate and clicking is terrible.  Must be fixed.

Half a loaf.

That is what this is. Still clicking on a pokemon makes it go side-ways so I then click again for attack (why!?)

Retreating - sometimes an issue. Discarding energy - same.

Don't want animations, don't need them. Want ability to just turn them ALL OFF. TONS of people said this. I do not understand why this can't be optional. 

Still want option to just click a card to play it. 

I feel like there were only minor minor changes.

I still feel ripped off that energy pips and tool pip was not addressed better, or indeed at all. Perhaps the tool pip could be changed to a tiny version of the actual card so I don't have to roll over zoom to see what it is. If the actual card graphics were reduced to the size of the ****** feel like I might be able to identify each tool card at a glance, or just display the art from the card in the tool pip instead of the all purpose wrench, which tells me nothing.

Even tiny a Muscle Band would be distinguishable from say a Mega Evolution symbol on a Spirit Link.

Making the cards visible again was one suggestion made by, say 50% of the people on the forums that made constructive criticism of the update and at the very least a greater percentage of people thought the tool pip didn't do it justice.

I guess that would be one suggestion I would have liked addressed.

Please make the tool pip representative in some way of the tool card it is not currently showing so tools are identifiable at a glance. I recommend replacing the tool pip's graphics with a shrunk down version of the tool card attached.

I wasn't expecting much from this update and I wasn't surprised when I saw that 2.33 still has the majority of the problems 2.32 had. Half of the screen is still wasted on mundane things such as deckboxes (which don't even load properly), the pointless view of the floor below the play area, tool and energy pips (that have caused me to to make mistakes on several occasions), and just an overall lazily developed game. You even managed to make the coin flip at the start of the game worse in this update, as the developers simply removed the moving white background which makes the whole thing feel even more unproffesional.

I'll say it again, the player base doesn't want a slightly faster 2.32, we want either a reversion to 2.31 or a complete overhaul that makes the game playable again.

what is going on with the stupid mulligans

I am fed up of hitting done, then opponent does stuff then done again, just did this, then DEFEAT, from ONE mulligan. before i could do anything.

-The speeding up of animations is a great idea if the goal is just to make the gameplay faster. BUT for me it is very tiring to watch all the animations especially since I'm playing a lot. And now that the animations are even faster the problem of my eyes getting tired fast and getting a headache is a lot worse. Seriously, I end up looking away from the screen about 50% of the time just not to see all the flickering that gets me dizzy... Is it impossible to just return the option of turning all the animation off???

-The endless flipping of the coin at the beginning of each game is terrible. Can we at least be able to turn that off?

-I don't see the point in pressing "done" time after time during mulligans

-For some reason after the patch there are a LOT more disconnections from the server. And I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to do anything with my computer or my internet connection. It is the reason why I lost many-many matches the last few days... losing tournaments and tickets because of this is not cool.

-Still don't see any reason for having deckboxes take up half the screen (a lot of deckboxes don't even load properly). The unused space at the left and right parts of the screen also doesn't make any sense.

Problem with losing on time out. When not getting basic pokemon on try 5-6.

The amazing animation takes 5-6 sec. to draw a new hand. And do not auto draw a new hand if you have no basic pokemon. Now you have to click done with every single of new draw.

A solution to this new probmem is ability to turn off some animations of the start-up animations.

- An option not to show animation on redraws in the start-up mode.number or an auto redraw option.

- An option to auto play a pokemon if you only have one in the start-up will be nice and save lot of time.

Thanks for fixing the flip coin background much better, i do not have so big problem lokking on it anymore, slow down the coin flip speed with 15-25% and it will be perfect.

And please show deck info on coin flip page, it is importent info!

hey is anyone here concerned with the tagging issues? it's been the most annoying thing so far for me.. i mean having to re-tag for want or trade every time you get a card/pack is incredibly frustrating- especially since you can't turn off the for trade filter in packs in a private/public trade to actually tag the pack

Hello Trainers!

Thanks for your feedback! The Dev team continues to work on making your gameplay experience the best it can be, so I'll submit the input given here for their consideration. :)

An option of hidding the ladder reward line will be nice.

And an easy way just for a quick look how long am i that will be really cool.

No need to always see how long i am in the reward line. Some times i just want to have big overview of my decks. Witch i select from.

I played the major update when Break Through came out for about 5 days before taking a break until 2.33 came out. I hated the update so much that I had to stop playing. Honestly, after such a break, I cant tell that the gameplay has improved besides that I am told it is now faster.

My opponents certainly are still slower. Clicking anything feels soft and laboring instead of snappy. My fast deck is no longer a fast deck.

Can you have a super fast like 10x speed option for the animations? A blur that lets me know it happened would be enough.

As far as the other bad changes that were not even attempted to be fixed: I preferred the stacked cards, energies, and normal damage counters. When will the next update take place? I will see you then for one more try.....

Archived