Nightmarch!

WicklowDub

How do you defeat the most BORING play thing that is nightmarch. I so sick & tired of these OP attacks (2nd attack & over 200damge)...way OP !

Edited to stay on topic!

I have to say that this is the first time I have seen anybody complain about Charizard-EX. Charizard-EX has to be one of the most easiest EX cards to counter and defeat in the game.

Sure, it's attack has a base damage of 120, but Manectric-Ex can do the same amount of damage with just 2 Energy and either Jamming Net or Head Ringer not to mention it is easy to discard those Energy using Team Flare Grunt or just use Regice from Ancient Origins with Muscle Band. It's second attack will OHKO it and prevent damage from any other EX cards.

Charizard-EX .... OP ?? i honestly can't tell if you're serious, there is literally nothing OP about it,a ctually it's on the Bad EXs side ....

Night March on the other hand ..... ugh

Sorry, TC. A lot of people here are so far up the meta ladder that they forget there's still people out there that haven't mastered the game yet.

A good option to counter Nightmarch is LucarioEX, if you have it. It does 30 damage off a single Fighting energy, plus your deck should have Strong Energies and Muscle Bands. Some people like to combine him with Bats. Evolving Zubat on your bench will damage Nightmarchers without requiring any energy.

Charizard EX can do 120 damage on his second turn, but that requires him being the active pokemon and using Stoke first. So if you have 2-shot him with any EX and walk away with 120 damage, that's not bad.

A great counter to nightmarch is a playset of goodra, the one that doesn't heal, and use the attack which uses 2 colorless energy, and keep one of the noncombat pokemon in front.  Use the team aqua stadium, and team aqua muk.  3-4 lysandre and you can figure out the rest.  A very nice setup, not just for nightmarch.

A great counter to nightmarch is a playset of goodra, the one that doesn't heal, and use the attack which uses 2 colorless energy, and keep one of the noncombat pokemon in front.  Use the team aqua stadium, and team aqua muk.  3-4 lysandre and you can figure out the rest.  A very nice setup, not just for nightmarch.

How do you get cards from Double Crisis in TCGO? And evolving up Goodra would take some time, but seems like an interesting deck.

Thank you for this I shall look into it

I really understand how painful it can be to have a slow-moving pokemon against a Charizard-EX with Stoke, but 1) your opponent relies on that one coin flip, 2) you have at the very least one good turn to bulk yourself up or do *********** and 3) it doesn't do as much damage as it should. Charizard-EX is pretty easy to counter. But Night March... It is very much overused and practically impossible to counter. The weakness to that deck is that if you go all out, you may run out of cards in your deck. I personally think that Night March cards should be banned just like Lysandre's Trump Card was a few months ago.

Hey Trainers!

This is a reminder to keep posts friendly and constructive. Please make sure all threads have a clear, constructive topic for discussion. It looks like players are giving great advice here, so I'll leave this thread open.

Good luck! :)

Everything has vulnerability :) Night March has problem with lock decks (someone surrender at turn 1 when vileplume - irritating pollen- set up with forest of giant plants).

And pyroar FF can save from both charizard EX and NM (or get some time).

Charizard EX can easily do 120-140 damage first turn (if going second)... However, it is not that bad. People need to sincerely calm down about calling things OP. Mega Houndoom EX can do 170 damage turn 2 pretty reliably with far less setup for example. You could aswell have said "Blacksmith is broken!" as that card is the "problem" and the only reason fire decks are playable at all atm. Still not strong, however.

Nightmarch is not a problem either. It's a cute deck with a decent "combo" whose only problem is the fact that it's turns take 100 years to try to go off, and even when it goes off you still have a fair chance to win with any decent deck. None of the decks are problematic at all tbh.

Nightmarch isnt hard to deal with, concentrate on taking energy rather than being too agressive, you should aim to kill mew > electrick guy (30 hp) > any other night march card. In that order really. Its only cost effective for the night march player to use energy with mew/electric card. 
Also learn what the element symbols mean, you can pretty much gurantee that if you see psychic/electric/normal you're vs a night march deck and it might be wise to let them take first turn as often as you can.

Im no expert ive been playing 2 months, ive created 1 single deck and finished in the top 1% of players on the versus points ladder last month, so i kinda know how to win.

Anyways best of luck, and good luck beating the actual hard decks ;)

Hey Trainers!

This is a reminder to keep posts friendly and constructive. Please make sure all threads have a clear, constructive topic for discussion. It looks like players are giving great advice here, so I'll leave this thread open.

Good luck! :)

Agreed, I've changed the post to keep the discussion only about Nighmarch

Uhm May I ask where Charizard EX was mentioned in the first place in a forum topic called "Nightmarch"?

He edited the post. He says so right above your comment...

flashond, thanks for boiling that down succinctly.

Mew, then Joltik then Pumpkaboo in order of dangerousness for Night March.  Since Mew + Dimension Valley = Night March for 1 energy, Joltik = Night March for DCE and Pumpkaboo for DCE + Dimension Valley.

Often the Night Marcher will have to discard nearly all his attackers in order to reach the OHKO damage output, ergo making KO's on his remaining Night March pokemon which are in play eventually leaves them with no pokemon to attack with (except Vespiquen).  Eventually the DCE is all gone, they run out of or can't find Dimension Valley.

Manipulating which of your pokemon is active based on which attacker they are using to avoid being hit for weakness is also good.

I suppose item-lock works, but I personally don't play lock decks often.

I never thought of passing the first turn though. . . makes tons of sense.

Grossly off topic, Charizard might attack turn 1, if you get Blacksmith + DCE and Combustion Blast for 150. . .

I'll post back what i'm using in my deck (its late here) & maybe you guys can give me some tips but i'm getting more & more frustrated with this deck. I still can't comprehend how i'm supposed to "lock out" nighmarch when their attacks are hitting over 200- 400 damage on 1st, 2nd turns (I'm using fighting & physic & I just happened to have Gallade as my starter & with her (?) weakness to physic, he hit 400 damage on his 2nd turn even after i took away his double energy at the start). Today I've come across four people using this deck. It's getting to the point where i'm gonna throw in the towel & start making that deck myself, heck if we all do it maybe they'll do something about it. Reading back it's seems I have to concentrate on removing energy but with their draw 7 cards seeming to be in their hands at every turn its impossible to stay in the game when they can easily drop another on, maybe I'm just having really bad luck against this deck.

the following decks often beat night march in standard

giratina-ex (variants include giratina/bats giratina/seismitoad)  common partners are bronzong plus metal energies, regice, and vileplume.  giratina+vileplume if you pull it off, pretty much locks down 60% of the opponents deck, and it is more painful to face than night march)

seismitoad variants (hammers, bats, with regice)

lucario-ex with bats (m manetric with bats will work too)

anything that attacks bench (xerneas-ex for example, manectric-ex hits for 20 on the bench, noivern hits 30 across the board)  

pyroar... sometimes  (basics can't attack pyroar, but I guess vespiqueen can, vespiqueen runs on same principle as night march though and is often packaged with it)  

then again, sometimes night march/vespiqueen folks get you on turn one... that's called luck.

the following decks often beat night march in standard

giratina-ex (variants include giratina/bats giratina/seismitoad)  common partners are bronzong plus metal energies, regice, and vileplume.  giratina+vileplume if you pull it off, pretty much locks down 60% of the opponents deck, and it is more painful to face than night march)

seismitoad variants (hammers, bats, with regice)

lucario-ex with bats (m manetric with bats will work too)

anything that attacks bench (xerneas-ex for example, manectric-ex hits for 20 on the bench, noivern hits 30 across the board)  

pyroar... sometimes  (basics can't attack pyroar, but I guess vespiqueen can, vespiqueen runs on same principle as night march though and is often packaged with it)  

then again, sometimes night march/vespiqueen folks get you on turn one... that's called luck.

Thank you for that, again I'll look into those cards later but as you said at the end its "luck". Luck for the person against the Nighmarch deck but from my experience its never a two way street. We rely on luck to pull the right cards but for someone playing a Nightmarch OP deck thats not the case. They are guaranteed to be able to dump & pull a ton of cards right from the get go.

Is their any hope for the M Venusaur EX decks?If so,what card should be added to them to defend against the night marchers

P.S

I added beautifly as a fail safe,should that be able to defend?

How do you defeat the most BORING play thing that is nightmarch. I so sick & tired of these OP attacks (2nd attack & over 200damge)...way OP !

Edited to stay on topic!

Damage spread is one of the best ways. Lando-bats can generally beat night march, especially more slow variants of the night march deck. If they don't draw VERY excellent cards right away, then they should pretty much lose to landorus's damage spread. Most night marches I'm aware off depend a lot on mewtwo, and don't run the mr. mime bench barrier tech, especially now that landorus got rotated. In terms of Standard format counters, Seismitoad is a solid counter as the item lock prevents compressors or acro bikes or ultra balls from being used pretty much ruining the speed of night march by eliminating its supporting cards.

Is their any hope for the M Venusaur EX decks?If so,what card should be added to them to defend against the night marchers

P.S

I added beautifly as a fail safe,should that be able to defend?

The problem with venusaur EX is that it is rather slow, but if you want to defend against night march, you might want to try running Forest of Giant Plants and vileplume from ancient origins with a standard evo line to counter night march asap with item locks. If you have access to it, Shaymin EX might be needed to help play around vileplume effecting your own items, but locking out night march items can really really slow down the speed of that deck! Give it a try if you can get a hold of the cards, and see if that works for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Everything has vulnerability :) Night March has problem with lock decks (someone surrender at turn 1 when vileplume - irritating pollen- set up with forest of giant plants).

And pyroar FF can save from both charizard EX and NM (or get some time).

i never thought about pyraour tho with that ability as long as its not stage 1 or 2. i never thought about that tho. thats a nice idea. i will be using him in a deck tho if i can get some good ex for fire.

btw anyone know some good ex or pokemon for fire?

i am a psychic and dark type player.

Archived