Crazy Mega Houndoom idea (Team Magma Secret Base)...

rgp151

Just thought of this and want to try it out. Mega Houndoom + Team Magma Secret Base.

The text of Team Magma Secret base:

Whenever any player puts a Basic Pokémon (except for Team MagmaPokémon) from his or her hand onto his or her Bench, put 2 damage counters on that Pokémon.

Notice "from his or her hand". There are ways around this, namely Bridgette and Revive!

This means that instead of running Bats we can run Team Magma's Secret Base to put 2 counters onto pokemon automatically, and then put most of our guys onto the bench using Revive and Bridgette.

This will let Mega Houndoom hit for 160 and still get KOs on 180 HP EXs.

I'd probably still want to run Foretress with this so you have a backup way to drop damage counters, plus the main thing is that Foretress can 1 shot Regice for 2 colorless.

I've been wanting to make a Mega Houndoom deck and I think this may be the way I finally try it.

People are still trying to find ways to make M Houndoom more Viable, and this truly seems like a good idea i'll test it myself, but imo getting each pokemon via Bridgette or Revive can be a bit of a challenge :)

You don't really HAVE to do it via Bridgette and Revive, but you'll just get the 20 extra damage yourself as well. I'm still not sure this can make Mega Houndoom viable against water decks though, especially Mega Glalie. Foretress definitely helps against water, but one turn of Rough Seas is all it takes to erase the critical damage, so I dunno, but other than that I think it sounds pretty solid.

You don't really HAVE to do it via Bridgette and Revive, but you'll just get the 20 extra damage yourself as well. I'm still not sure this can make Mega Houndoom viable against water decks though, especially Mega Glalie. Foretress definitely helps against water, but one turn of Rough Seas is all it takes to erase the critical damage, so I dunno, but other than that I think it sounds pretty solid.

We i think we just have to accept it has to 2HKO EXs, i mean that is still pretty solid imo !

I'm interested to see what Giovanni's can make viable in Expanded.  White Kyurem EX, Reshiram EX, with Muscle Bands and Giovanni's they can be beasts.  The thing about fire EXs is sometimes they can be outrageously fast given a good draw on your first turn.  I dunno how good your win percentage could actually get for 'Donkizard - Combustion Blast' but that deck is kind of fun.  At least the game resolves itself quickly, one way or another.  I suppose Virbank - Hypnotoxic is a great way to add 30 damage first turn in Expanded, what else can do the blitzkrieg fire thing?  Megas are too slow for that I think.

Archived