2.33 thoughts and requests: discard pile and shuffle animations

semeai

2.33 feels infinitely better than 2.32 due to faster animations, so thank you for that. however some things i feel might be necessary to bring up:

1. please change the discard pile back to what it was, having to see only 10 cards and push a button to see more feels VERY disjointed. i understand that in the old version you could only see this many anyway, but having a scroll made it feel like 1 big list so was easier to count important things like how many energy or items used. having to push a button makes this feel disjointed and harder to keep track.

2. please reverse the order of the discard pile as well. certain pokemon like exeggcutte need to be accessed multiple times in a match and having a reverse order makes this harder to get them out. also a reverse order displays the most recent actions of the opponent which helps to keep track of what he/she discarded. having to do clicks to the end of the pile in a long match makes it harder/more clicks to keep track of most recent cards used.

3. drawing from our decks simultaneously in the beginning of the match is a GREAT plus to making animations faster and speeding the game up. but why was this skipped for shuffle supporters or discard supporters? why not allow both players to shuffle their hands into their decks and draw from a judge/N simultaneously? it's the identical concept but for some reason was overlooked? the same can be said for discard supporters like sycamore. the sycamore/juniper animation could be sped up as well.

4. in the same vein of thought, when the cards from the hand go back into the deck for a draw supporter, they go back in one at a time.... while drawing cards from the deck happen randomly as all the cards fly out. why not have all the cards go into the deck and all the cards come out of the deck rather than one at a time?

anyway, the discard pile issues are the biggest... i honestly can't see why the order was changed when it was perfect order before.

2.33 feels infinitely better than 2.32 due to faster animations, so thank you for that. however some things i feel might be necessary to bring up:

1. please change the discard pile back to what it was, having to see only 10 cards and push a button to see more feels VERY disjointed. i understand that in the old version you could only see this many anyway, but having a scroll made it feel like 1 big list so was easier to count important things like how many energy or items used. having to push a button makes this feel disjointed and harder to keep track.

2. please reverse the order of the discard pile as well. certain pokemon like exeggcutte need to be accessed multiple times in a match and having a reverse order makes this harder to get them out. also a reverse order displays the most recent actions of the opponent which helps to keep track of what he/she discarded. having to do clicks to the end of the pile in a long match makes it harder/more clicks to keep track of most recent cards used.

3. drawing from our decks simultaneously in the beginning of the match is a GREAT plus to making animations faster and speeding the game up. but why was this skipped for shuffle supporters or discard supporters? why not allow both players to shuffle their hands into their decks and draw from a judge/N simultaneously? it's the identical concept but for some reason was overlooked? the same can be said for discard supporters like sycamore. the sycamore/juniper animation could be sped up as well.

4. in the same vein of thought, when the cards from the hand go back into the deck for a draw supporter, they go back in one at a time.... while drawing cards from the deck happen randomly as all the cards fly out. why not have all the cards go into the deck and all the cards come out of the deck rather than one at a time?

anyway, the discard pile issues are the biggest... i honestly can't see why the order was changed when it was perfect order before.

That`s their new discard pile system. What`s next?

Hi semeai,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm sure you've already seen this thread describing the current discard pile situation, but I'll go ahead and link in in case. :)

I'll submit your thoughts to the Dev team for consideration and will leave this thread open for further discussion in the meantime. Have fun!

Archived