[CARD] Mewtwo-EX (BREAKthrough #62, #158, #164) - The Damage Change attack is not properly transferring damage counters

GUITARISTmb

Hello, I have been experiencing some glitches with the Mewtwo Ex card from the Breakthrough set 158/162.

As described in his second attack which requires 3 energy cards attack is described as followed

"Switch all damage counters on this Pokemon with those on your opponents active Pokemon"

instead of doing that a variety of other results have occurred. The card very often when using the attack will inflict damage on itself, not transfer the damage at all to the opponents Pokemon or a variety of other things will happen. I have only had success with this attack when the opposing Pokemon HP is completely zero while Mewtwo has sustained some counters and then transfers it over to the opposing Pokemon.

Thank you for your time and I hope this issue can be resolved :)

Is the damage inflicted on itself equal to the number of damage counters on your opponents' pokemon?  It sounds like you expect the attack to only move damage counters from Mewtwo to the defending pokemon, but not from the defending pokemon to Mewtwo.

It's not a glitch, it does exactly what it says on the card. It means that your Mewtwo EX's counters will switch with whatever counters your opponent's active pokemon has. It does not transfer, otherwise Mewtwo EX would have become game-breaking.

Scenario could be that your opponent's active pokémon has 40 damage counters and you have none. If you used that attack, YOU would have 40 damage counters and YOUR opponent's active pokémon will have none.

Archived