XY9: BREAKPoint Standout Cards Review (EARLY)

ChawkyV

Burst Balloon is my most anticipated card.

I've been using Celebi (XY 93) with Rock Guard to recycle it into the deck, with this I can do something similar in standard.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burst Balloon is my most anticipated card.

I've been using Celebi (XY 93) with Rock Guard to recycle it into the deck, with this I can do something similar in standard.

It didn't really attract my attention really, but tbh i never was a fan of Rock Guard :)

Manaphy-EX will be insane.

IKR ?? but personally i'm more excited for Darkrai-EX !!

as good as it is it is obviously NOT gonna be the main attacker, the best options right now for it would be Yveltal-ex & Giratina-ex , I personally am gonna try both decks to see which is better !! but Umbreon-ex really is a great game finisher, people love AT Articuno and Umbreon is a step further 'despite its damage output capped at 90 with Muscle Band)

IMO, it's not really a step further because it only works on Megas. I'd prefer Articuno because it gets results more consistently, while Umbreon has a small chance of getting a huge result. 

When it works, it'll be amazing though.

IMO, it's not really a step further because it only works on Megas. I'd prefer Articuno because it gets results more consistently, while Umbreon has a small chance of getting a huge result. 

When it works, it'll be amazing though.

I personally never was a fan of AT Articuno, but since the Megas are seeing a lot more use (we barely see a deck without Megas now) and the chance of getting 4 prize cards at once makes Umbreon-ex a lot better than AT Articuno even thou its damage output is maxed at 90 (with Muscle Band and no other effects) but like i said it's not a main attacker, i see it getting a lot of play with Giratina, wait for it.

PS: Umbreon is my fav Eeveelution and one of my favourite pokemon overall so i might be a little biased even thou it doesn't really change the fact that Is is a Very good EX.

jolteon-ex may be ok.  I had a deck in previous rotation for daily challenges that basically revolved around plasma-joletons attack which voided ex's.  It was pretty good, but not great.  it works about like regice, it all depends on what your opponent is running.

Gengar-EX / Trevenant / Garbador is going to be highly annoying again. 

Everyone is going to start running Startling Megaphone because of Garbo Toxin again, which will probably be bad for Fighting decks, so that kind of sucks...

Everyone is going to start running Startling Megaphone because of Garbo Toxin again, which will probably be bad for Fighting decks, so that kind of sucks...

Ikr ?? i hate .... really hate that Garbo is back, it messes up a lot of deck sadly .... and to top it off we can't even use the SR garbo in its place, nothing about its return is good imo

I agree its bad, mainly because if you really want to play that type of deck all you have to do is play Expanded. Why bring so much stuff that's still in Expanded back into Standard? I don't like it when Expanded and Standard are too similar.

And there is a ton of stuff a really hate about Expanded/ the old rotation, like Laser/Bank, N, Ace Specs, Keldeo to name a few. 

Fighting decks can run Xerosic. 

But I feel bad for decks with Pyroar mostly.

Archived