How can I get more pokemon?

BurningSun7

First of all I should mention I just started playing. I'm currently doing the trainer challenges.

Don't really know where I can acquire more pokemon. I don't have any metal, dark, fairy, or dragon pokemon. 

For beginners I would advise you go to the Shop when you're in the game, click Redeem Codes and enter any set name (e.g. FlashFire) to obtain a free deck which will give you more Pokémon (these will not be tradeable).

You can also buy packs from the Shop for tokens (these are also not tradeable); you can redeem code cards (packs obtained via code cards are tradeable); Trainer Challenge gives you non-tradeable booster packs as well.

Is there a way to modify the basic set packs in trainer challenge? Like, can I remove one Pokemon from the deck and replace it with another?

Is there a way to modify the basic set packs in trainer challenge? Like, can I remove one Pokemon from the deck and replace it with another?

Yes you can but you must first clone the deck if it is a pre constructed deck.

Would you suggest I purchase booster packs or decks with tokens? I'm not spending any real money on this so that's out of the question.

1) Do the Tutorial.

2) Complete all three of the Basic XY decks at least, if not also fully complete the Trainer Challenges.

3) IMO you should buy Theme deck starting out because you will get more coherent sets of Trainers, which is the most important thing. But also don't worry about buying double Theme Decks. I bought doubles of several theme decks just to get more of some key cards, like 2 sets of Dark Hammer, 2 sets of Resilient Life, etc.

4) Play Theme Deck tournaments. I generally recommend using XY Green or XY Red.

5 ) Do daily challenges, using Theme if you have to.

Would you guys suggest buying a theme deck or booster packs? I currently don't have any dark, metal or fairy energy... And as far as I know buying decks is the only way to get those energies.

Would you guys suggest buying a theme deck or booster packs? I currently don't have any dark, metal or fairy energy... And as far as I know buying decks is the only way to get those energies.

I would suggest focusing on one really good deck that can be used to a certain level of success rather than trying to make many different types of decks with very weak builds (believe be I done the same thing) if you like Fairies then buy a couple copies of the fairy deck for the Aromatisse (moves fairy energies) and Xerneas (Geomancy) coupled with other Xerneas/Xerneas-EX/Florges-EX if you access them, you can make a fairly decent deck. There are other strategies like Dark Hammer can give access to Fighting decks etc.

You don't need to worry about having energies. The game provides you with unlimited basic energies. :)

All good suggestions from what others said. Winning 7 times with each basic XY deck they give you in the trainer challege (red, blue, and green), unlocks the cards in them for your collection to build your own decks with. And competing the tutorial gives you the basic Yellow. Try to log in every day if you can. Every 5th day gives you a free random 5 card booster pack (untradable, and always within the current standard rotation).

Also, I'd recommend saving your points and buy a new theme deck every time you get 500 points. Each theme deck can unlock a booster pack of the set it came from when you beat 12 different trainers with it.

Archived