Seismitoad Empoleon

Kings_Gambit

Note: This deck might not be good enough to challenge the metagame in Expanded format, this list just shows my ideas. Of course you are welcome to help me improve this deck as well.

Pokémon

3 Seismitoad EX

2 Regice

3 Empoleon (Dignified Fighter)

1 Prinplup

3 Piplup

2 Octillery

2 Remoraid

Trainers

4 Professor Sycamore

3 N

2 Skyla

1 Lysandre

1 Pokémon Center Lady

4 Hypnotoxic Laser

4 Ultra Ball

4 VS Seeker

4 Rare Candy

2 Switch

2 Muscle Band

1 Computer Search

3 Virbank City Gym

Energies: 10

4 Double Colorless Energy

6 Water Energy

Please leave some comments after you read. I really want to make this deck successful.

Tried it as soon as i got the Empoleons like day 2 of release, Theoritically it's good, but Archie is incredibly hard to use, I switched to 3-0-3 Empoline with Rare candies but it remained too slow

I'd suggest 1-2 dive ball in here, its a card you can very easily drop from  your hand. Also, this is too slow for expanded. I think it's better suited in Standard, just take away the laserbank and whatnot. Giratina/Toad/Empoleon is great in standard as well. 

I'd suggest 1-2 dive ball in here, its a card you can very easily drop from your hand. Also, this is too slow for expanded. I think it's better suited in Standard, just take away the laserbank and whatnot. Giratina/Toad/Empoleon is great in standard as well.

Ahh sure, I shall try it.

Tried it as soon as i got the Empoleons like day 2 of release, Theoritically it's good, but Archie is incredibly hard to use, I switched to 3-0-3 Empoline with Rare candies but it remained too slow

But to be honest, I don't focus on getting Empoleon as fast as I can. You can eventually get it because you are locking your opponent down. Empoleon is there when you really need to finish things fast. Thanks for sharing your experience BTW.

I'd suggest 1-2 dive ball in here, its a card you can very easily drop from  your hand. Also, this is too slow for expanded. I think it's better suited in Standard, just take away the laserbank and whatnot. Giratina/Toad/Empoleon is great in standard as well. 

But we'll need Ultra Ball in it if we want to use Archie ... to be honest i think it's less trouble if you play the whole Empoleon evolution line, Archie is so hard to use ....

Archie really doesn't flow well with Standard on a lower damage output deck. I feel like Candy Empoleon is the best route, using Super Scoop Ups or supporters like Cassius to heal a Toad or two in a game to deny prizes while you grind out two-shots.

Archie really doesn't flow well with Standard on a lower damage output deck. I feel like Candy Empoleon is the best route, using Super Scoop Ups or supporters like Cassius to heal a Toad or two in a game to deny prizes while you grind out two-shots.

I agree, I personally tried Archie's Empo and it was just too hard to use properly, I believe Rare Candy would be better and it'll still make this deck slow .....

Archie / Empolean / Toad doesn't work well because Toad is a "long game" where you need to make good use of your resources. To reliably use Archie's you need to make reckless use of resources to just get out whatever it is you are trying to Archie. 

This worked well for Blastoise / Keldio because the idea was to just get basically 2 cards out plus a bunch of energy and donk the game. There was no "long term plan" in that setup, so whatever you burned getting Blastoise didn't matter. It's no the same with Toad though, because even if you do Archie for Empolean it's still not going to be a fast game. Its not like getting Empolean out is going to all of the sudden win you the game within 1 or 2 turns. 

Granted, sometimes you do get lucky and just happen to stumble into a convenient Archie's early in the game, but its not something you can rely on.

IMO, if you are running Empolean, it may not be a bad idea to put 1 Archie's in the deck with 4 VS Seeker and 2 Battle Compressors and do something like a 2+0+3 line with 2 Rare Candy. Then you are really only using up 2 cards and giving yourself the possibility to Archie 1 Empolean (or even 2 if one gets KOed and you can VS Seeker again).

Archived