BelmerStar

[GAME] Trainer Challenge - Crashing during City Championship battle with Rika

BelmerStar

Hello again, Trainers!

I'm just updating with some more specific information that the Development team needs:

1. The platform you're using the play the game (PC, Mac, or iOS)
  2. The OS version of that device
  3. A summary of your system specs (via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac; if on an iPad, please list the model)

As a reminder, you can send this to us via a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".  

1. Windows (PC, portable)
2. Windows 10
3. I don´t know what DxDiag is

also, i can't find the link that you said about the support tickets, where are this tickets?
because i go for the only link that appears and there is no help there
Edited by BelmerStar

DragonMaiden77

I need help figuring out why my game always crashes just when I am about to ********* in the City Championship. I can't finish and I can't battle her, it's the only other way I can earn decks so I can build my VS deck. Please help

• Upvote 1

Mod_Poplar

Hello again Trainers!

In addition to the previously-requested information, the Development team would appreciate if you could note in your ticket whether this occurs with all Theme Decks you try or with a specific Theme Deck (and please note which deck that is).

BelmerStar, after clicking the link in my signature, you will have to sign in (via the "Sign In" link at the top of the page) and then click "Ask a Question" next to the question number search bar in the "My Support History" tab.

Let us know if you need further assistance. :)

AshiePascal

I'm having this same issue. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Mod_Poplar

I'm having this same issue. Does anyone know what to do about this?

Hello AshiePascal,

Please see my post above. The Development team needs that information to be able to diagnose the issue and solve it for all players.

Thanks for your cooperation! :)

MotherDragon

Hello again Trainers!

In addition to the previously-requested information, the Development team would appreciate if you could note in your ticket whether this occurs with all Theme Decks you try or with a specific Theme Deck (and please note which deck that is).

BelmerStar, after clicking the link in my signature, you will have to sign in (via the "Sign In" link at the top of the page) and then click "Ask a Question" next to the question number search bar in the "My Support History" tab.

Let us know if you need further assistance. :)

I will send in another report, but it happens no matter which deck is chosen. Just clicking on her image immediately crashes the program.

brokenvengeance

Hi, so I'm having a problem in the trainer challenge section. I got to the city championships, and made my way through a few trainers. I got to Rika, the fourth person on the list and whenever I click on her, the game immediately crashes. Anyone else have this problem? I could really use some help. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

grasstangela

Hi,

So I've played through the trainer challenge Gold and Platinum and am now playing City Championship. I have defeated the first three trainers and now have to play against Rika. However, clicking on her to choose her as an opponent crashes the game (Pokemon Trading Card Game online has stopped working). I also cannot access the next trainers as I have to beat Rika first, and cannot even play against her!

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it a known problem? Is there any way to resolve it? I would like to continue with my trainer challenge!

Thank you in advance :)

Edited by grasstangela
  • Upvote 1

seminc

This is a known problem, and I believe it is on the devs list of bugs, though I may be wrong.

grasstangela

Thanks for the quick reply!

So I am to take it there is no way to continue with my trainer challenge until this is fixed (which is at an undetermined point in the future)?

Thanks again :)

seminc

Thanks for the quick reply!

So I am to take it there is no way to continue with my trainer challenge until this is fixed (which is at an undetermined point in the future)?

Thanks again :)

Unless there is a way to skip the offending Rika game, or if the bug magically goes away, no there will not be a way to play the TC until they update it.

You're welcome BTW :)

Frankaster

I have the same problem  :(

grasstangela

I understand your pain, Frankaster!

Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future; if anyone knows anywhere better to report this problem please tell me and I will do. For now this seems to me to be the best place and hopefully they will pick up on this!

Lavinia79

I also have the same problem, also in the City Championship, but with Daniel :(

Cal_Stringle

it doesnt just freeze up my game but also the little wifi with a question mark icon keeps flashing on me and makes the gameing super choppy and slow. this not only happens in challenges but also in vs mode... this is since this new patch got updated... im in the middle of a battle and when im just about to win i loose cus it wont show me playing and i cant move cards or anything. all i can do is watch the 15sec timer appear and count down 6 times.( thats when i finally corner X'd the app) this better get fixed soon. 

and yes my internet is working at top speed so that is not why that lil wifi icon is popping up. i  double checked to make sure by opening web pages and browzing while the icon was up.

Togekissx6

Hello,

I'm using client version 2.34.1.2277.Live.28539:89#939 (it's the most recent one as far as I can tell).

Every time I select Rika in the Trainer Challenge (City Tournament match 4), the game immediately crashes and terminates (before I am even able to click on "Play Now"). This happens regardless of what deck or difficulty level I have selected, and regardless of whether I select her by clicking on her portrait or on her node at the bottom. It does not happen for any other trainer, although I have just unlocked Rika, so I cannot say anything about trainers later in the game than her.

seminc

Known issue.

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers,

I've merged more threads regarding this issue. Please see my original posts. It is imperative that we receive this information in order to investigate and fix this bug for everyone.

Thanks for your patience! :)

masteroflyf

Recently, I've tried to finish the city championship in the Trainer Challenge. However, every time I try to begin a battle, the game crashes. It doesn't let me begin the battle, and has happenned several times since the last update. 

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers!

Our Development team has continued to investigate this, and they have found that updating the video drivers on the affected devices has completely solved the issue on those devices. If you are experiencing this, please update your video drivers and try again.

If that does not solve the issue, we ask again that you submit a support ticket with the following information:

• The platform you're using the play the game (PC, Mac, or iOS)
  • The OS version of that device
  • A summary of your system specs (via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac; if on an iPad, please list the model)
You can createa a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your continued patience!

Cloud557

I'm having the same issue, just the difference is that I was going back to earn stars for extra packs. Rika just said "Nah, your game can just crash now" when I select her. It seems like it's just her so I really hope that they fix this soon.

Algo214

New to Online TCG but old player here, hello:

Basically all in the title.

Ever since I beat Brittney and Otis got unlocked, I can't play any matchs against them nor Rika, only against the first 3 trainers of that league. So I obviously can't finish the challenge.

Using client version 2.34.1.1.2277.Live.28539:89#945 on W10.

Another unrelated bug I encountered but it fixed itself is that I tried to use my code to unlock my Storm Rider-Roaring Skies deck and it didn't appear in my playable decks for quite a while. Had to clone it on the Deck Manager for it to be available, but I didn't have this issue with my Burning Winds deck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Algo214

GonzoMD1993

New to Online TCG but old player here, hello:

Basically all in the title.

Ever since I beat Brittney and Otis got unlocked, I can't play any matchs against them nor Rika, only against the first 3 trainers of that league. So I obviously can't finish the challenge.

Using client version 2.34.1.1.2277.Live.28539:89#945 on W10.

Another unrelated bug I encountered but it fixed itself is that I tried to use my code to unlock my Storm Rider-Roaring Skies deck and it didn't appear in my playable decks for quite a while. Had to clone it on the Deck Manager for it to be available, but I didn't have this issue with my Burning Winds deck.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

The gamecrash at Rika is a known issue. Right now the suggested solution is to update your video drivers. That seems to have solved the problem for some of the people experiencing the crash. If that doesn't work you should probably send a support ticket to get more personalized assistance.

As for the second one, are you sure you were trying to use your Storm Rider deck in the Theme format? Theme decks can only be played in the theme format, so if you try to play them in other formats they will not be playable. If you clone a theme deck you obtain a customizable version of the deck that is initially identical to the original deck. Because that clone is customizable, that clone becomes playable in the custom formats (Standard, Expanded and Unlimited), but its unplayable in the Theme format for the same reason (the Theme format only allows pre-constructed decks that cannot be altered, i.e. Theme Decks).

In the Versus window there is a drop-down menu where you can select the format you wish to play. Make sure you've selected the correct format.