BelmerStar

[GAME] Trainer Challenge - Crashing during City Championship battle with Rika

BelmerStar

When I am trying to fight Rika in City Championship, the program simply stops working, I don't know what happened

Mod_RedDragon

Hey Belmerstar!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue. Have you tried restarting the game a well as your computer to see if that helps? Also, does this issue happen at a specific point in the game? If you have tried restarting the game and your computer and you keep running into this issue please reach out to our support team so we can look into this for you and get you up and running as quickly as possible. You can create a support ticket simply by clicking the support link in my signature. 

Kalinius

While doing the Trainer Challenge in the City Championship level, attempting to challenge Rika results in the game crashing. I've tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling and still not having any luck. Not sure if this is known about or if there is a fix out for it?

• Upvote 1

Maur0x

Hi, i have the same problem with Rika. The game falls and closes wanting to fight it. I tried seversl solutions on the web and repair game.

• Upvote 1

The1Prototype0

Hello, I am also having this problem. I go to select the trainer for battle and the game instantly stops working and forces itself to close. I have tried multiple restarts and nothing works.

• Upvote 1

BelmerStar

Hey Belmerstar!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your issue. Have you tried restarting the game a well as your computer to see if that helps? Also, does this issue happen at a specific point in the game? If you have tried restarting the game and your computer and you keep running into this issue please reach out to our support team so we can look into this for you and get you up and running as quickly as possible. You can create a support ticket simply by clicking the support link in my signature. 

Thank you for answering, and yes, I tried to restart my computer with no solving of the problem, and also I tried to repair it from the pokemon installer msi, with no solving either.
In my game I have te problem with the battle with Rika, and sometimes when I win a battle in versus, the program shuts down

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers!

Please do submit support tickets so we can get more information from you. Specifically, we'd appreciate if you could attach your system specs (obtainable via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac) and any crash reports you may be receiving. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". Crash reports will be located in your Pokémon TCG Online folder in a folder with a date (for example: 2015-12-15_#####).

BlueMario83

I click to select her on Trainer Challenge, but then the game crashes and doesn't load her description or avatar on the top. The list does show her avatar though.

MotherDragon

I have been having the same issues for over a month, and despite contacting customer support and sending in the crash log from my laptop that runs Windows 10, the only suggestion made was irrelevant and made no sense (their only note was that I did not have enough video memory to play the game when clearly I have been playing it just fine on there otherwise). It is the same thing on my desktop computer that runs Windows 7. Whenever I click on her, the program immediately crashes on both computers and I cannot advance further.

Edited by MotherDragon

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers,

Please see my previous post for the information we need! Thanks for your reports! :)

JakxxMonroe

My app keeps crashing on kika in city championships

Mod_Poplar

Hello again, Trainers!

I'm just updating with some more specific information that the Development team needs:

1. The platform you're using the play the game (PC, Mac, or iOS)
  2. The OS version of that device
  3. A summary of your system specs (via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac; if on an iPad, please list the model)

As a reminder, you can send this to us via a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". :)

Hawk-Crimson

selecting rika as an opponent for trainer challenge (city championship) crashes my client. running on PC btw. anyone have any ideas?

Mod_Elderberry
I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game, or running the Refresher.exe program located in your installation folder (usually found in "%appdata%\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" ). That may help to fix the crashing issue that you described.

Hawk-Crimson

running the refresher fixed the issue. thanks!

MotherDragon

Nothing is working to correct the problem, and all I am getting from Support is that my computer cannot handle running the program. My computer can run a massive program like [Removed] flawlessly, yet magically it cannot run a program that requires a fraction of a fraction of what that requires? I am able to run the program perfectly otherwise and there are no hiccups aside from the occasional crash after winning in Versus, so why is this problem being blamed, twice by the way, on my computer not having enough memory? No one can tell me that this program somehow is a lot more involved than [Removed] when trying to challenge Rika; if that was the case, then I would not be able to run the program itself at all and would not have been able to even get up to that point in Trainer Challenge from the start.

Edited by Mod_Poplar
Please keep discussion on the topic of Pokémon.
  • Upvote 1

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers,

More threads have been merged here. Please see my posts above for the information we need. Thanks!

Xensor

rika on trainer challenge of the city league (last one) can't be played, it crashes the game.

any idea on how to fix  this issue?

BelmerStar

Hello again, Trainers!

I'm just updating with some more specific information that the Development team needs:

3. A summary of your system specs (via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac; if on an iPad, please list the model)

As a reminder, you can send this to us via a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". :)

Hi

I use window 10 (PC) on a samsung portable computer

Xensor

i had this issue as well. it took me 5 tries to get it to work. pc btw. i quit and didnt try again after a day of waiting to try again.

Zealeon

I have been stuck unable to complete the last difficulty Trainer Challenge due to the fact the game crashes after even just selecting Rika or Daniel as a trainer. I was hoping the latest patch would fix my issue but no such luck.

I am running Windows 8 and every other aspect of the game is smooth.
I have tried reinstalling twice now with no luck either. Please assist me?

Edited by Zealeon

JohnamonT

My son was complaining last night about the game kept crashing when he was trying to play one character in the trainer challenge. I checked it out this morning, and when doing the trainer challenge, the city championship round, and trying to play Rika on easy difficulty, the game crashes every single time. No errors pop up or anything, just a complete program crash back to the desktop screen.

TPCi_Samhayne

Hi Johnamont,

Our understanding of this issue is that it is specific to your configuration.  If possible, it would be great if you could visit www.pokemon.com/support and enter a Question with the details of what happened and include the output of DXDiag for your PC.

Thanks and our apologies for the issue with Rika in the Trainer Challenge.

Mod_Poplar

Hello Trainers,

More threads have been merged here. We really need the information I posted in my prior response to this thread, so we would appreciate if you could read and respond to these questions via support ticket:

Hello again, Trainers!

As a reminder, you can send this to us via a support ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".  :)

Woyzeck16

The same problem happens to me. I do not understand the instruccions you guys put up. Spanish?