A few questions regarding the forums

dziesmer

I just had a few things I was wondering about (if you read my threads you know weird things come to my head when I am bored) regarding the forums: 

1. Does a player's forum reputation actually mean anything? I of course don't name specific players regardless of what I would say about them, but I have seen reputations range from -35 all the way up into the 300's. Does this effect anything at all, or is it just meant to show players what a different player is thought of? Also, is there a point where a player with a ridiculously bad reputation gets some sort of punishment? Just all curiosities. 

2. Why are we limited on downvotes to a measly one per day (or maybe 24 hours, not sure when it resets)? When I read something, I nearly always either upvote or downvote it. But because of this, I have to wait for an especially bad (personal opinion of course) thread/comment to use my downvote. What are the reasons for this? I mean, yes there are ways to exploit unlimited downvoting, but why not say 10 a day, so someone who keeps up with everything in the forums can properly rate?

Thank you for your time as always :)

dziesmer

1) Just for fun.  It doesn't mean anything other than whatever you put on it.

2) Because we want you to only use your downvote on something that really needs it.  It is more meaningful that way, rather than just spamming downvotes because, hey, you can.  

I hope that helps.

hey dziesmer if you do not mind can i make i thread sort of like this too? I also have some question regarding forums

You can just ask here man, no need for a new thread imo :)

hey dziesmer if you do not mind can i make i thread sort of like this too? I also have some question regarding forums

ok then.

1) when does the total members post get updated i know its not updated to the minute or to the hour for the point in more like every 6 hours then wait 24 hours then it update agian any specific times it updates?

ill prob think of more i cant remeber one but i prob think of it later

1) Just for fun.  It doesn't mean anything other than whatever you put on it.

2) Because we want you to only use your downvote on something that really needs it.  It is more meaningful that way, rather than just spamming downvotes because, hey, you can.  

I hope that helps.

The removal of reputation system prevent defamatory comments against another.

Honestly I found Alex's response adequate. It was exactly the answer I was looking for, since that is how it is. I suspected those were the cases/reasons, just wanted clarification. I expect all answers from official people's to be honest and concise, which is what it was :) 

@Pokey, I believe it updates immediately. I have personally checked someones reputation seconds before and seconds after up/down voting something, and in every case it has changed instantly. 

Just my opinion, I do think it would be nice to have maybe 3 down votes. Sometimes I have downvoted and got the "you have filled your daily quota" message, and really wished I had not wasted my precious downvote. 

Anyway thank you all for your responses/feedback :)

Honestly I found Alex's response adequate. It was exactly the answer I was looking for, since that is how it is. I suspected those were the cases/reasons, just wanted clarification. I expect all answers from official people's to be honest and concise, which is what it was :) 

@Pokey, I believe it updates immediately. I have personally checked someones reputation seconds before and seconds after up/down voting something, and in every case it has changed instantly. 

Just my opinion, I do think it would be nice to have maybe 3 down votes. Sometimes I have downvoted and got the "you have filled your daily quota" message, and really wished I had not wasted my precious downvote. 

Anyway thank you all for your responses/feedback :)

No I'm talking about total members cause sometimes I see 3 people who joined in the last 3 minutes and it says newest member joined 14 hours ago

No I'm talking about total members cause sometimes I see 3 people who joined in the last 3 minutes and it says newest member joined 14 hours ago

Maybe you'll need to refresh the page or something, + i don't think it really matters tbh :/

Maybe you'll need to refresh the page or something, + i don't think it really matters tbh :/

i refresh it 50+ times does not work i usally have to wait till around 8pm and 6 am that will it update itself i find but its around that time

I think you should be allowed to up vote and down vote ore the higher of a rank you are, like the rookie trainers can up vote 5 and down vote 1 a day up to the elite trainers can up vote 30 and down vote 10.

I think you should be allowed to up vote and down vote ore the higher of a rank you are, like the rookie trainers can up vote 5 and down vote 1 a day up to the elite trainers can up vote 30 and down vote 10.

yea that be nice

Maybe a combination of rank and reputation. There are some people who post constantly but clearly are not respected based on their reputation. So maybe it could have something to do with the ratio you have been up/down voted. Combined with rank? It would be nice to have some kind of way to boost it though

Archived