Deck Names Before Match

JmEsg

Hi , PTCGO forums . I was thinking about this I think It would be cool If we add the deck name before the match It would be really cool :)

Like for Example I named my standard deck Ocean's Fury 

and my opponents deck name is Hippo Power. The name of those deck will be shown before battle :)

Hey there!

That'd certainly be fun, imo! :) I'll submit your suggestion to the Dev team for consideration and will leave this thread open in the meantime if you'd like to discuss this further.

As always, we appreciate your input!

This would be a cool idea. Although I personally have all my decks named very practically (i.e Yveltal-EX), so I would not want to leave that for the player to know what my deck is before hand. But I would gladly change it to something else if this was added. Great idea :)

Also my personal award for best signature quote on forums officially goes to Mod_Poplar :)

This would be a cool idea. Although I personally have all my decks named very practically (i.e Yveltal-EX), so I would not want to leave that for the player to know what my deck is before hand. But I would gladly change it to something else if this was added. Great idea :)

Also my personal award for best signature quote on forums officially goes to Mod_Poplar :)

You have NO IMAGINATION [Removed], jk man, i myself enjoy giving  them "cool" names just to keep it fun.

And what quote is it ? Hey there! ??

I can't help but think that people would enter bad words into the title of their decks. I haven't tried to see if you can but I think it would be possible. I guess I am just adding the only negative side to this idea.

I still like the idea. I think the screen that shows the boxes and energy and Pokemon types is too fast and then you lose it. So why not include the energies and Pokemon types on the playmat and it could include the title you chose for your deck near the deck box.

And what quote is it ? Hey there! ??

I was going with the "Tree puns seem very Poplar" 

I also agree with JamesPup. A filter would obviously be necessary, but the overall filtering seems to be something that needs work. 

[Removed] i get it

+ i mean we also know out good old Censor is so strict it even filters normal words, So i don't think Bad words in deck titles would be a problem

Having the Pokemon type symbols appear already reveals too much information about your deck to your opponent.  This is even worse.  When you have a lot of decks, especially variations of the same deck, it becomes impractical to use cute names.

I like to name my decks after the Pokemon in them because it makes them easy to tell from one another. I don't want that name to be revealed to my opponents. So at the very least, if this is to be something the dev team is going to work on, make the displayed name different from the deck name in my own menu, please.

I give my decks inappropriate names because they are for me and I think I am funny. Please let me enjoy what little customization is allowed with this game and don't make me share how disgusting I am with the rest of the world. I normally like to keep my depravity private.

I don't like this idea.

this is an awesome idea . i mean , i give really funny names to my decks lol . and when my opponents see them , they will have a bit of laughter before the match no matter the result :P

I like this idea, but you could make it optional for privacy reasons.

Yes , That's a cool suggestion 

If a player prefer not to show theirs then go 

just like how you hide your deck list :)

This is just gonna cause more reported players if it's implemented, trust me.

And it's bad enough that types of Pokemon in the deck are revealed, giving more information to help your opponent decide what Pokemon to start with is silly.

Looking through my collection... yeah that's prob. not the best idea ( otherwise I had to re-name almost all of my decks, unless "Cancer Toad", "New Age of Cancer" and other lovely names suddenly slip through your cencorship, which I highly doubt).

Reading the replies I see that some are not agreeing because of their solid reasons. like yeah, sometimes people might not like the idea cause they have an issue with privacy/possible deck reveal ??? those 2 can be solved by having privacy option like how you hide your deck List on opponents and only show them to friends . :)

UNRELATED:I might also add that I think avatar on chat would be cool :3 and time stamps . >.< sorry for having too many Suggestions ...

Archived