Pokemon Black and White Decks

hansnake

Okay, I have a real and personal concern.

Concerning the new black and white starter decks, it seems like many of the forum users that I've noticed so far have obtained them dually for two theoretical reasons: reedeemable codes and for possible use in real life. Is this true for all three assumptions? And does anyone recommend me doing the same [going out to the local walmart and buying one of the three starter decks] and if so, which deck do you recommend buying?

I feel like it wouldn't hurt to buy, and I already have a considerable amount of personal tcg cards collected, but I haven't been into tcg for years, I've never been competetive, and I don't think there is anyone I know around that woul dbe willing to play. So is it worth it? Why have all of you bought them?

That's all. I appreciate any and all replies.

Adieu,

SlowpokePal

Tis true young jedi. I didn't want the deck because i saw the preview tin and I needed a tin to hold all of my cards. I bought them also to go to a tournament or something this summer. I would reccomend Fire Frenzy or the water one

So this is a first time deal. Pretty cool. Sorry if this is being nosy, but how old are you? Personally, I'm just a little insecure about the idea of trying out leaugues or tournaments myself, but it seems like a neat hobby to at least try. And I've always been a fan of Pokemon anyways..

Right!

By the way, things change surprisingly as you get older. Pokemon is actually more popular and high school and probably within college too. The video games are at least acceptable and when Black and White came out, kdis of all grades could be seen playing it during classes. But I'd still be ashamed to admitting I play tcg and especially that I performed in leagues and stuff.

A tournament does seem utterely exciting though I must admit.

Right!

By the way, things change surprisingly as you get older. Pokemon is actually more popular and high school and probably within college too. The video games are at least acceptable and when Black and White came out, kdis of all grades could be seen playing it during classes. But I'd still be ashamed to admitting I play tcg and especially that I performed in leagues and stuff.

A tournament does seem utterely exciting though I must admit.

Yeah I had a price book of cards from 2008 and they were advretising tournaments and the prizes you could win

Sweet man, I was checking out some tournament info the other day and yeah, you can win some crazy scholarship money can't you?

Sweet man, I was checking out some tournament info the other day and yeah, you can win some crazy scholarship money can't you?

yeah im looking at tournament rules now so when i get their i dont get lectured

Most leagues are a great place to start out. Don't worry about being a beginner for most people in the pokemon tcg community are really friendly and willing to help those who are starting out.

Most leagues are a great place to start out. Don't worry about being a beginner for most people in the pokemon tcg community are really friendly and willing to help those who are starting out.

Lets hope so... Ill bring in my cards

random guy: you cant use those!

other guy: He has illegal cards!

and the next thing ya know im banned....idk i was trying to think of the worst casinario

You're fretting too much! haha. Fear is never a friend. Just ignore it.

And anyways, I totally believe kitcat. It's understandable that they would be welcoming and friendly. Try it out and get back to me about your first experience!

You do leauges or tourneys before kitcat?

it is Pokemon blank & white theme deck in Malaysia? i'm looking for this deck but can't find it in the supermarket or Toy 'R' Us stall...can anyone help me...

Slowpoke I did help run a league a few years ago and I have played in them as well as tourneys the highest I ever went to was state though were I got 2nd place and that is only because it was held in my city other wise I would not have gone :/.

Oh, that's cool kitcat. I mean, at least you still [have] played and aren't afraid to either. And congrats on second! Must have been a lot of people there?

I'm seventeen so foolishly I feel kind of young and wierd getting into it, but I think I may buy a b & w starter and start playing against my twin brother. I already made a deck with some other cards I have around- it's grass and psychic- heart gold and soul silver version I think so we'll have two decks to play with. Or no, it might be a platinum based deck. But yeah- i'll see how playing with him goes. Eh?

Post edited by Prof_Light 4/15/11

well I bought them because I played by myself.. AND collected the cards

when I bought the brand new 3 starter decks for black&white and read through all the pamphlets that come in decks I read about tcg online and came over to check it out...

Interesting. Cool, thanks for the input.

See, unlike a good chunk of people here, I'm much more of a video gamer than a card collector/gamer. I started collecting a little probably around a year or so ago and then my brother even started too, but that was mostly because I got cards in "secret buddy" gifts during marching band season (I asked for them because I really like Pokemon) and realized how pretty and neat looking they were. And it's always exciting to open a booster pack and to see all the new cards collected!

But my point is, I only learned about tcgo because I frequent pokemon.com from time to time. I wonder how many other people found out about the website my way.

The funny thing there are a lot of 16+ in the closet pokemon players and may 20+ out in the open pokemon players and also masters (16+) is the largest group of players in the pokemon tcg.

Don't every let people make fun of you for playing Pokemon :P I am 18 and I have played the games since I was 5! Just because it's Pokemon dosen't make it weird! Just had to get that out... anyhoo... I got back into the TCG with a friend and we have been playing and stuff (he beats me every time with that stupid Samurott deck! My poor Umbreon can't handle it) I really want to go to a league and maybe even a tourney one day.

Yes! Pokemon is always cool and fun no matter how old you are (like me, turning 21 next month, woo!), and I can definitely tell you- there are TONS of older fans out there. We have a huge group on campus who love nothing more than to talk video games and card games, and pokemon is one of the favorites; everyone's still going on about black and white, and now I've got them talking about this online game, too. :)

I've been a pokemon fan since 1997, but I never really played the TCG much at all, but I'd like to get more into it now that I have more disposable income for cards and stuff, lol. Plus there are a lot more people around to actually play with. I was thinking of getting the Emboar deck, but then my boyfriend went and got it without telling me... guess I'll need to grab the Samurott deck so I can beat him with type advantages. x)

That's really funny, because i'm in the exact same posistion as you are! However I did had quite some cards when I was younger. Though I never really played with them. And now, many years later, I find myself getting totaly hooked to the TCGo game. I even bought the Red Frenzy Emboar deck just to play online with it. And really, I'm seriously considering signing up for a league or something. I'm really sort of jealous where people have a whole group of people where everybody loves Pokémon and Pokémon TCG. I know absolutely zero people who like or love Pokémon, let alone Pokémon TCG. I must add, the Red Frenzy deck kicks some serious ***. I love Cinccino with his Do The Wave attack which does 20 damage per benched Pokémon on your side!

Oh and the TCG league I'm considering is a pre-release event. It sound very competitive, and most of all fun. You should check out the TCG League Locater, it helped me out a lot.

That's really funny, because i'm in the exact same posistion as you are! However I did had quite some cards when I was younger. Though I never really played with them. And now, many years later, I find myself getting totaly hooked to the TCGo game. I even bought the Red Frenzy Emboar deck just to play online with it. And really, I'm seriously considering signing up for a league or something. I'm really sort of jealous where people have a whole group of people where everybody loves Pokémon and Pokémon TCG. I know absolutely zero people who like or love Pokémon, let alone Pokémon TCG. I must add, the Red Frenzy deck kicks some serious ***. I love Cinccino with his Do The Wave attack which does 20 damage per benched Pokémon on your side!

Oh and the TCG league I'm considering is a pre-release event. It sound very competitive, and most of all fun. You should check out the TCG League Locater, it helped me out a lot.

How much you brought the deck? I was looking for the deck but at my areas i can't find it. They only have the old deck & not the latest deck like Blank & white theme deck. Btw, i'm from Malaysia.

I think i got most of ya beat on the age deal but as im 36 and just started playing TCG as my 2 sons just joined a local league so i figured why not? it's been fun and my sons and i have something in common that we plan for every wens night. we will be playing our first tournement in a couple weeks and look forward to it.

considering that my old wensday event was practicing with the action pistol team i am involved with I dont think you could get any closer to feeling weird about playing pokemon as i did in the begining. I went from shooting practice to the local league night and i think the people at each event think im nuts due to my hobbies i participate in on the same day/night.

Thanks everyone for your input. My main concern was started the tcg. I know plenty of peopl eat my high school who are into and open about liking/loving pokemon and as a matter of fact, I brought my ds to school and was playing during class some as well. Heh, like last year for instance I spent a lot of time in spanish playing the old gold version while some of my other friends brought other versions and I even beat the game. Anyways, I'm very open about the video game: it's mostly the card game that FREAKS me out.

But starting to play and maybe fool around with it a bit sounds like fun. I mean, the battle simulation on this site, even though the computers are super easy, showed me how simple and fun getting started with tcg can be. And thus like many of you, the idea of joining a leauge is totally possible. I means, Pokemon is a hobby! It's competetive and fun.

And spddrcr, I must admit that's pretty neat. Like you must be one hell of a super cool dad. And that's a great way to connect and bond with your children. I totally support!

I'm going to buy a frenzy fire deck soon and try some battles out with my brother.

My only main main worry is trying out a league and feeling super awkward. I can be incredibly shy and fear awkwardness! Haha, and what I f I find someone I know there!?

Archived