Mega Mewtwo-EX Consistency problems.

royalebouquet

Hi guys.

I'm working on Mega Mewtwo EX Vanishing Strike. Its powerful when it works, but I would like to see it being more consistent. Most trouble I have is with Focus Sash and Night March.

I can use shrine of memories to do damage change from the Mewtwo-EX.

Also having my doubts about 4 Sycamore, I always seem to discard stuff that I need late game. I so often lose the game because I miss the discarded stuff, with it I would have won in pretty much all situations. Isn't it better to not run Sycamore at all, but use Birch instead?

Please help make the deck better? Thanks in advance!!

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
2 Smeargle BKT 123
3 Landorus FFI 58
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 159

Trainers - 36

2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
1 Professor's Letter XY 123
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
1 Lysandre FLF 104
3 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
3 Trainers' Mail AOR 100
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
1 AZ PHF 117
1 Super Rod BKT 149

Energie - 10

4 Psychic Energy
6 Fighting Energy

I personally use this deck a lot and never had big problems with it, it's not the best deck obviously but it does just fine againt most decks tbh, honestly the most trouble for it was Lysandring my benched shaymin-ex, anyway I made a thread a few weeks ago about this deck, you can see it HERE and make a comparison between my deck and yours :)

-2 Prof Sycamore

-1 Ultra Ball

-1 Dimension Valley

-1 Shrine of Memories

+2 Shyla

+1 Psychic

+1 Mystery Energy (Great for keeping Hoopa out of the active)

+1 VS Seeker

That should help a bit.

Thanks!! The topic is really helpful!

I don't want to cut down in stadiums, since this deck really needs it stadiums. Mega Mewtwo benefits from both stadiums in its attack cost or using damage change, but not only that, M Mewtwo needs a stadium in play to deal that magic 200 damage.

Thanks for the help!

I don't want to cut down in stadiums, since this deck really needs it stadiums. Mega Mewtwo benefits from both stadiums in its attack cost or using damage change, but not only that, M Mewtwo needs a stadium in play to deal that magic 200 damage.

Thanks for the help!

When are you going to need 6 Stadiums though? M Mewtwo doesn't discard them for its attack, so you don't need to continually replace it, and most decks don't use a bunch of Paint Rollers. Plus, your opponent is most likely going to have their own stadiums to put up.

M Mewtwo needs 1 Psychic and 2 Fighting energy to do Vanishing Strike with Dimension Valley up.

M Mewtwo needs 2 Psychic and 1 Other energy to do Damage Change with Shrine of Memories up.

So, if you ever find yourself in a position of doing each attack in consecutive turns, you'll be loading up with 2 of each anyways. I see that you're using Smeargle, which would allow you to switch back and forth with Psychic and Fighting energy. Personally, I think you'd be better off taking out the Smeargles and Extra Stadiums, and just put on the extra energy to attack.

The Trainer's Mail, VS Seekers, and Shyla are there for you to grab stadiums, mega turbos, ultra balls, etc whenever you need specific item cards or supporters. You've got possibly a Hoopa, 2 Shaymin, and a Smeargle (or 2) on your bench. You're a huge risk of getting Lysandre'd for all of your prize cards.

Again, you really want to cut down on Sycamore. First, you've got 2 shaymin already, along with ultra balls. Second, you've got quite a few cards that will kill you if you put them in the discard, namely the Mega Turbo and VS Seekers.

Thanks for the help!

Yes like 00dragonite00 said, you only need 4x dimension valley, i see no use for Shrines as M Bluetwo's attack can hit anything, and thank you , glad to help

I appreciate the help!!

With 6 stadiums, at my league training everybody uses at least 4-5 stadiums to win the stadium war. Also I found out at regionals that winning the stadium war is crucial for succes. So I'm definitely using 3 shrines and 3 dimension.
Damage Change and Pokemon Center Lady keeps M Mewtwo alive and drives the opponent crazy haha!
Just won 4 matches because of shrine of memories, so no not a good idea to leave it out. I want the deck to be tier 1, not tier 2 or 3 :).

Got some talk with a friend of mine and 4 sycamore is a must for tier 1 competitive decks in this metagame. So the 4 sycamore are for sure to stay in the deck.

This is my final version of the deck after lots of play testing, it simply works best:

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Smeargle BKT 123
3 Landorus FFI 58
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 159

Trainers - 36

3 Mega Turbo
1 Professor's Letter
2 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
2 Giovanni's Scheme
1 Korrina
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Center Lady
3 Professor Birch Observations
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Skyla
3 Dimension Valley
3 Shrine of Memories
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link

Energy - 10

6 Fighting Energy
4 Psychic Energy

Well i hope it works, if it was me thou i'll make a few changes :)

for example:

- This deck needs at least 12 energy, but again i use 4-4 not 3-3

- Smeargle is absolutely needless in this deck imo, Landorus, Professor's Letter, Battle Compressor and Mega Turbo do all the work.

- 4 Mega Turbo, it's obvious and i'd run 4 Valley and 2 Shrine if you insist on 6 stadiums !

- Korrina ?? Giovanni ??? why ??

Other than that it looks pretty, i'd love to see a battle between this deck and mine :P

Hahaha thanks!

I changed Center Lady for Xerosic, since I lost to a very creative Machamp, Whimsicot, focus sash deck haha :)

I find myself using Smeargle a lot! Since I really switch between vanishing strike and damage change like every turn. I always end up having M Mewtwo charged with 2 fighting and 2 psychic, but earlier its so handy to use Smeargle to switch the energy for the other attack. Cause of this switching I also really want the 3-3 stadiums. I can find dimension valley just fine with only 3 of them and 1 Skyla :)

Korrina: getting a Landorus + a item card is just really good!! 

Giovanni: Vanishing strike deals 200 damage right? But most mega Pokemon have 210 or 220 HP. Giovanni helps out at this point by adding the additional 20 damage needed for the KO. Also its a very nice card, since it can also be used as draw support. 

I never find myself in need of more energy, lucky me haha :P So 12 will be to much for my 3-3 line + Landorus. 

You can add me in game and battle sometime :P

Archived