[GENERAL] Other - NO chat rooms or friends showing up + the asset error

tarif15

it takes me like 3-4 tries to get into the game cuz of the LOADING ASSETS ERROR . when im finally in , my friend list is clean ... nothing there . no chat room shows up . please fix this :( i cant talk to my friends anymore :(  i cant even private trade . Please do something or give a solution 

it takes me like 3-4 tries to get into the game cuz of the LOADING ASSETS ERROR . when im finally in , my friend list is clean ... nothing there . no chat room shows up . please fix this :( i cant talk to my friends anymore :(

OMG man, i suffered severly from that issue in the past, even reinstalling the game didn't help, what i did that seemingly fixed it was force uninstall and clean all traces with a software like "Revo Uninstaller" or "CCleaner", and then reinstalled it and it worked, but it took a while to login the first time as it had to reload all assets and cards when it got in. but seriously this problem made ma quit for like 2 months

OMG man, i suffered severly from that issue in the past, even reinstalling the game didn't help, what i did that seemingly fixed it was force uninstall and clean all traces with a software like "Revo Uninstaller" or "CCleaner", and then reinstalled it and it worked, but it took a while to login the first time as it had to reload all assets and cards when it got in. but seriously this problem made ma quit for like 2 months

i used ccleaner and totally deleted ANYTHING WITH THAT HAS TO DO ANYTHING WITH PTCGO . i deleted its existence from my pc and then re installed it . IT STILL DIDNT WORK :( please mods/dev team . HELP ME . i wanna chat again and wanna talk to my friends :( 

Hey there!

This could be a chat port issue.

The Pokémon TCG Online has four ports that need to be opened for the game to function properly: 39389, 8181, 5222 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is for connection to the chat server. If you do not know how to check if these ports are open, we recommend using your preferred search engine to search for "(Name of router/modem) port forwarding".
If asked if the ports are to be configured as UDP or TCP, select both.

Additionally, please make sure you have a strong, healthy internet connection that can maintain connection to the chat server. A poor connection could cause this issue.

Thanks for your patience! Hopefully this helps. :)

Hey there!

The Pokémon TCG Online has four ports that need to be opened for the game to function properly: 39389, 8181, 5222 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is for connection to the chat server. If you do not know how to check if these ports are open, we recommend using your preferred search engine to search for "(Name of router/modem) port forwarding".

Additionally, please make sure you have a strong, healthy internet connection that can maintain connection to the chat server. A poor connection could cause this issue.

My connection is pretty much strong enough to handle games like ptcgo . i even play MMORPG too without any connection loss . but i dont know about ports or anything  you said . im just a kid :( so if there's someone out there who knows what to do , can you please help me out ? :) 

Hello again!

I recommend asking a parent or other trusted adult to help you with port forwarding. :)

nobody knows :( well i searched the web and it said that only router or wifi connections have port forwarding . i use broadband :/ i dont know what to do :( 

Hey there!

i tried to follow a video that shows how to add a port in windows firewall by adding a new rule in the INBOUND RULES . still , it doesnt work . andi found out by a website that all of those ports u mentioned are closed . now i dont know how to open them . and i use broadband connection . no vpn's or anything . internet connection is stable . 

the chat and friend bug just got fixed somehow automatically . i checked the 5222 port is opened or not after i got into the game and it still showed its closed tho . so i think it was a bug in game . please detect it as soon as possible to prevent any future attacks like mine :/

• 1 month later...

I'm living this issue now after the BREAKPoint Patch. And I cant find information about this anywhere. Needing help, even my friends are having the same issue.

Hey there!

Since this is an older thread, we just want to be sure we are helping you effectively as your issue may not be exactly the same as the original poster. 

I am going to give you a couple general tech troubleshooting questions to give us a better idea of what you're experiencing so we can assist you better. 

- If you have not already done so, please check to see that the ports Mod_Poplar mentioned are 'open'.

- If they are, can you describe in your own words what is happening when you try to play?

- Are you running under a firewall of any kind?

- Do you have a stable internet connection? Are you on Wifi? 

- Have you attempted a reinstall of the game client or anything of that nature?  

It is still likely that the issue is port forwarding and we may have other suggestions/questions for you later. However I thought we would start down this road so we can get you back to playing as soon as possible.

Hello, my name is *****, I'm contacting you because I have an IN-GAME problem with my Pokemon account. I cannot send messages, this problem appears after the last patch (BREAKPoint). I tried creating a new account and I can chat properly with the new one, and this is how I know that this problem is bounded to my account. So this problem is not related to any ports or firewalls permissions.

At the beginning I guessed that it could be because of my Screen Name: ĕHerø. It contains special characters, but my friend's account has not special characters: GoSeDu, and he either can not chat, so this problem could be related to something else, closely to the most recent uptade.

I would like to add that my Screen Name have been modificated IN-GAME after the patch, now is: Herø. And I don't know why, but in the forums it appears complete.

I hope this information could be helpful for you to help mi solve this problem.

Account name: Jitsugetsu

Screen name: ĕHerø Actually: Herø

Hi there!

As this appears to be account-related, we'll request that you create a support ticket for individual investigation. You can do so by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". To speed up the process, please note any solutions you've tried so far, as well as the fact that chat works on other accounts and that you are having issues with your screen name.

Thanks for your patience, and good luck! I'll close this thread now, as it is quite old.

Archived