Bad Deck Luck

Adhir1995

Ok so I know this game is very luck based but still, I think my decks, all of them, hate me, I dont know what to do about it, an example being in my regice vileplume deck I drew all 3 vileplume on the beggingin draw and a syamore, a game beofre that i drew all special energy and a sycamore and a game before that I just didnt get anything from milling almost all my deck. This is just an example of how all decks I play dont like me. Is there such a deck that exists in this world where luck is no question, if there is can someone please tell me ;-;

I dunno.

I think for sure, even the most balanced decks have bad starts, maybe 1 in 8 times?

Is this a thing??

Recently most of my deck making has been focused around ridiculous amounts of item draw so hopefully I can get set up in the first 2 turns, even with 8 draw supporters there seems to be no gaurantee you'll get one first turn, add in Battle Compressors and VS Seekers in spades so you can have access to one if you're lucky enough to get both compressor and seeker on turn 1. 

There seems to be no sure way to make sure your first hand is playable all the time.  4 trainer's mail seems to help, gives you a chance to fish one out on turn 1 (a draw supporter I mean). 

I figure you need that draw support first turn in case your hand is unplayable.  You want a deck that is 100 percent consistent result? Just run energy and basic pokemon.  I figure in 60 cards, the limit of 4 of a kind it's impossible to make a deck that's not in some way affected by randomness.

For one thing, I don't play much Sycamore in decks that have many evolutions in them, and if I do play Sycamore I always play either Sacred Ash, Super Rod, or Revive or Buddy Buddy.

I often do something like 1 Sycamore, 2 Shauna, 1 Tierno and run 2 Battle Compressors or something and 4 VS Seeker. Or you can run Octillery, etc.

There are lots of ways to run decks that don't use much Sycamore or any Sycamore at all. I've done all Tierno/Roller Skates decks. Octillery/Roller Skates. Heavy Shaman/AZ/Scoop-up, etc. I've got a Gengar-EX/Bats/Shaymin deck that uses Shaymin as attackers and my only draw supporter is Tierno and Judge, because I cycle the Shaymin a lot.

I suppose you're right at that, having 8 - 9 Draw supporters was awesome when 4 of the were N and a Colress.

It just seems if you aren't set up and attacking on your second turn, you're finished.  It seems like I am sacrificing all kinds of situational cards all the time for ones that will just let me dig through my deck so I can set up whatever the strategy happens to be.  That means I end up with tons of item draw it seems.  So many match ups would be improved if I did leave in an Enhanced Hammer or two instead, but I feel like I'll never get set up otherwise.

That's the other thing, is that there are so many other good supporters that I'd like to run that I need draw power from somewhere else. (AZ, Hex Maniac, Blacksmith, Xerosic)

2 Birch, 2 Sycamore, 2 Battle Compressor, 4 VS Seeker seems like a good starting point for me, get one of each in discard so I can elect to discard or shuffle based on what I'm stuck with.

Archived