Returning to the TCG

RagnarokDawn

Hiya everybody! I'm a vetran Pokenerd who has played the games since Red & Blue, however I kinda fell way out of the TCG the last Pokemon Cards I bought were from Neo Destiny! But with the release of the TCG online a friend and I felt compelled to buy some new cards. I bought the Green Tornado deck and also a really cool deck called Nightfall and he bought the Blue Assault. I got some booster packs with the Metagross evolution set and one came with the Nightfall deck so I really kinda feel like a kid again :D my question to you TCG community... What do I do next?! I'm wondering if I should start buying Boosters or maybe a few more Theme Decks what now? Thanks!

I too am where you stand. I also stated with Red & Blue and kinda played the TCG ( when i found players). And ever since I heard about the On-line version it put me in the mood to continue were i left off. But the problem is "I'm continuing where i left off" lol. With no one to play with. So i more than likely wont purchase either. Well i cant say that completely cause i did purchase the Tornado deck as well. But as far as Booster packs are concerned. Unless they find a way to register cards individually, to add for your On-line account, i probably wont purchase them. ^_^

Your just luck you have a companion to dual with. its so much fun playing with another person. The intensity of figuring out and breaking their strategies.

Yeah, I am lucky I have a friend who is into it :D But What I also want to know is whether or not alot of my old cards will even work? I read that sets are rotated out of play but does that apply to cards that are basically the same like energies? Oh and I do hope that the B&W boosters will be compatable to the online version. Also the card rating... it looks really cool! I remember having cards from that set!

I'm the same way! But as for a solution to your problem, SillyMe05, I suggest using a program such as Redshark to play online until this emerges from Beta. You also have to get an addon (such as Hamachi). It seems complicated, but it's easy to get used to. And to find people to play with, go to sites such as pokegym.net and join some networks on Hamachi. And Redshark has instructions on how to do everything. ^_^

I'm also just getting "back" into the TCG. Red was my frist Pokemon game, and I kind of fell out of it after Sapphire. Now my interest is totally renewed, and am trying to save up money to buy the current deck I'm using online.

Yeah, I am lucky I have a friend who is into it :D But What I also want to know is whether or not alot of my old cards will even work? I read that sets are rotated out of play but does that apply to cards that are basically the same like energies? Oh and I do hope that the B&W boosters will be compatable to the online version. Also the card rating... it looks really cool! I remember having cards from that set!

Go to pokemon.com -> TCG -> Play pokemon -> League -> Find a league.

Join a local league and you'll get all the help you want/need.

And yes, older sets do get rotated out of the season. At the moment, cards from Majestic Dawn (Late 2008) to Call of legends are playable. So sadly, your older cards can't be used in any tournaments.

However, at a league, you can play with older cards if your opponent is nice. haha. GL!

THAT'S RARE!?!? I have it!!!! omg_smile.png

...And just back on my last post, I thought that my 1st Movie Promo Mewtwo was one of the only really rare cards that I owned!! I need to dig through my old cards again... tounge_smile.png

It's worth about $7-10 I believe. I have one as well xD

Go to pokemon.com -> TCG -> Play pokemon -> League -> Find a league.

Join a local league and you'll get all the help you want/need.

And yes, older sets do get rotated out of the season. At the moment, cards from Majestic Dawn (Late 2008) to Call of legends are playable. So sadly, your older cards can't be used in any tournaments.

However, at a league, you can play with older cards if your opponent is nice. haha. GL!

Geez when i finnaly decide to go to a league you cant use your old cards? Wow! I have 3 binders filled with old cards and one tin filled with new ones, man am i dissapointed

Actully you can play with your old cards at leagues but not at any official tournaments.

ah okay phew geez i just finished reading the rules for tournaments and leagues so i dont get lectured my first time going to one

Cool! I'll have to look at all these leagues and stuff! Also does anybody have suggestions for good theme decks to buy? I like getting a full deck. Well thanks for all your suggestions and stuff!

^ I think a good starter deck to use would be the black/white decks out there. I also hope you can find a league close to you because they are great places for people who are new to the game to start playing and learn how to play/ build decks.

• 1 month later...

I have also made a return to the TCG since Gym Heroes. Wow a long time ago. Just got the 3 Black/White decks and that's all I have to start on, gotta get busy I guess.

Archived