*NEW* Building a New Deck, What packs to pull?

WhitePhantasy

Hi, i'm pretty new to the pokemon tcg, pokemon online kind of got me interested and have been looking around alot seems like there's alot of good guides on decks and alot of top decks but im wondering what packs i should pull, theme packs i should buy, or booster boxes i should buy as a new player with currently 0 real life card and only the 4 starter decks online. So a few more questoins i would like to know alongside what would be the best packs / theme decks to buy, would trying to get a prime deck this early be too hard with 0 cards to boot? if so what would be a solid deck i can afford a theme deck and 1 box of the emerging powers boosters but im pretty sure i can use those codes to pull from any of the online packs i want even if they aren't emerging? Rambled on a bit there would love some insight ^^

Ok and more feedback would be great ^^ um where to begin, i was interested in the emerging powers packs wasnt sure if it was worth investing in or if i would get more out of other packs, but if i get emerging powers what would be a solid theme deck? one of the new emerging powers theme decks or the b/w ones?

there are some neato cards in the emerging powers expansion. Like all previous theme decks, the theme decks for emerging powers Power play and Toxic Tricks say a list of all the cards on the back plus the quantity of each card. Lots of energies and only one holo- the display card. B/W and B/W: EP theme decks also come with a playmat, coins, deck box, and a code redemption card---which is what ppl are after to play the decks online at this site :) With the booster packs, you get a random rare, a few commons, uncommons, and one holograph sometimes a reversed holo ( common-rare) or a rare holo ( rare-ultra rare). With booster packs, its luck--- some ppl buy booster boxes ( 36 booster packs) to collect the best and rare cards :P With the cards contained in B/W and B/W EP are only fith generation pokemon, excluding the ultra rare pikachu from the first BW card expansion. They have decent cards in them with fabulous art. You can see what each expansion has to offer by going to websites like bulbapedia or serebii.net that showall cards in every expansion to date :) hope this helps

*** personally i like the HGSS expansions. They have my fav cards and their attacks and pokebody powers are kinda good. Im a jhoto girl ( first explored pokemon in Silver version on the gameboy 14 years ago! :P) Anyways, Arceus expansion has some neat secret cards but are sooo hard to pull :( 17 packs and no luck except a fan rotom!!! Rising rivals and Supreme Victors have lots of basic pokemon in them plus shiny secret cards. Call of legends are just sinply re-prints of the HGSS expansion and most are poo except the shiny legendaries :) they are wonderful to collect! ( I have have 8 shiny legendaries- they are easy to pull )

I collect one of each card I pull and I use my doubles to play so I dont loose my favorite holos or favorite art cards :P

Thanks for the information ^^ but im kind of looking for more of suggestions and opinions currently, just want to know whats a solid starting theme deck out of b/w and/or b/w ep and also a good pack / packs to start off my deck with :)

I really like the Blue Assault theme deck, but all three of the BLW decks have some good qualities. For emerging powers I suggest Toxic Tricks, I'm not too impressed with Power Play.

Thanks ^^ finally should i just pull all 36 as emerging power packs or should i split up my boosters between 1 or 2 packs? if so, what packs ^^.

Bump, additionally, i should be getting around 100 booster credits so what would be a good way to split them between packs -i currently have 0 packs- so i would like to know the best way to get a decent started deck with 100 booster credits =)

If you want to be competitive in real life buys EP : Power Play ( Just so freaking awesome IMO), I fyou want to be a master online, I would suggest you to just know what deck you would use, so you can use you Booster Credit in order to get the pack where you can get the cards you want. I did that actually and It worked perfectly.

Go with Power Play instead of Toxic Trick . Reason ---> I hate statuts players. Power Play= more dmg in less time.

That my opinion.

P.S : Online, aim for prime, even if it not the one you would like to have.

Thanks ^^ i was planning on buying both Power Play and Toxic Trick either way for a friend and i would just keep the code, but if you suggest primes then prob Triumphant - HG/SS - Call of Legends for some decent cards for primes im guessing? triumphant the most though to actually get the primes i guess? im pretty new but i would like a decent deck to start with.

I'd only suggest Call of Legends if you were going for a Lost Zone deck. HGSS is probably your best bet (but there is wisdom in spreading it around.) Also BLW gives you a chance for Zekrom, Reshiram, and Zoroark which are pretty hot on the trade market. (And pretty wicked cards by themselves.)

Thanks ^^ learned quite a bit out of this thread after just starting maybe a week ago. I prob wont go zekrom or reshiram because i dunno seems a bit unfair to me even though i haven't played the tcg that long just seems kinda unfair rather win with strategy then hoping to top deck a zekrom and sweep xD. I'm sure there's counters though. Anyways ill prob go for some Triumphants, not sure about HGSS maybe for some double colorless? and depending on what primes i get maybe call of legends for some phanpy? ^^

Wait, so the HGSS packs also have online codes? Like you, I'm a fan from way back when... sheesh, I was like 11 when Pokemon Red+Blue first came out here so now at 23, I'm not particularily interested in the Black and Whites. First and second generation are my faves and if I can get into the online TCG using those, that'd be great!

The earliest packs you can get are the HGSS Onward packs you can buy any booster with the Play online code so either specially marked BLW or Emerging powers packs and use that code to get booster credit it, you can use the booster credit to buy ANY of the HG/SS On Packs ^^

Wait, so the HGSS packs also have online codes? Like you, I'm a fan from way back when... sheesh, I was like 11 when Pokemon Red+Blue first came out here so now at 23, I'm not particularily interested in the Black and Whites. First and second generation are my faves and if I can get into the online TCG using those, that'd be great!

No, the HGSS packs don't have codes, only some of the BLW and all of the Emerging Powers. If you just want the codes most shops that sell singles sell those too. (They usually run $.75 -- $1.) But with those codes you can get digital packs back to HGSS.

Yeah sorry worded that badly, you can only get codes from specially marked BLW packs and all emerging powers pack, but you can use those booster credits to buy hg/ss onward packs if you wanted.

If you really must know here it is

Triumphant

Yanmega prime(most valueable card atm)

Magnezone (2nd most Valueable card)

Mew , and others are in here

Unleashed

Rare Candy(avg is 1 in 11)

B/W

Good pokemons and Trainers

HGSS and Call Of Legends are both have super decks and boster packs and the frist b/w boster I got had Resraim in it so it is hard to chose but with HGSS you'll have a pretty soil deck .

P.S. Slip some of the the ohters in to.

Archived