Do you use deck protectors on your cards?

Ade4265

Do you use deck protectors on your Pokemon deck? If so, what colour/design?

I use matte ones that are black. Yeah, I'm bored.

yup. almost any deck i make will have sleeves on them when i get ahold of them.

I got grey ones for my dark/steel deck

red for my fire/dark deck

and white for my physic/grass deck

I do if I can. Currently i have a teal blue sleeve on my main water/lightning, orange on my grass/psychic (don't really like, looking for some green sleeves), and a cobalt blue for my water/fighting. Once i find some green sleeves I'll put the orange ones on my only other currently constructed deck based on Fire/Lightning (currently sleeve-less).

Card sleeves are a must. Can't have "my precious" cards getting all scratched up. But do any of you have problems with your sleeves getting sticky after awhile. It's a pain, cause the cards will often get stuck to each other....omg_smile.png

Yes and no. I only sleeve 4 of my decks, and the ones I retire, I remove the sleeves to sleeve my newer deck.

The decks I play are usually modified theme decks, and I usually retire the oldest one when a newer set comes out, and the cycle of sleeves I use are yellow, red, white, then blue. So far, Nightfall is white, Royal Guard is Blue, recon is yellow, and red frenzy is red. When the set after black and white comes out, nightfall will retire, and I will use my white sleeves to sleeve the theme deck that is positioned to the right side when packaged in the theme deck box.

I gave my brother green sleeves for his grass psychic deck, which is essentially the daybreak deck, and I couldn't stop singing Greensleeves every time we played the TCG. Of course I had white sleeves for my Nightfall deck.

I don't actually have a physical deck yet, though I do have black protectors to use when I make one. I do use transparent ones on some of my more valuable cards to protect them. ^_^

No because i think they get in the way of shuffling

I actually think they make it easier to shuffle since i tend to jam my cards together when i shuffle XD

As a kid I used to keep my original cards in binder's or in ultra pro deck sleeves.

Now a decade later, looking at the value of those cards, I am glad I took care of them and not just loose, unprotected in boxes.

Now that I am back into the game and have even more money to waste on pokemon cards I put every single card I get in Ultra Pro Deck Protectors, black ones. Even the commons. I treat my cards like I treat my comic books. What is a 3-5 cent sleeve on a card worth even 5 dollars, let alone some cards worth 20-30 or more.

I actually think they make it easier to shuffle since i tend to jam my cards together when i shuffle XD

The edges of Deck protectors go to a fine point which makes them easier to shuffle.

Card sleeves are a must. Can't have "my precious" cards getting all scratched up. But do any of you have problems with your sleeves getting sticky after awhile. It's a pain, cause the cards will often get stuck to each other....omg_smile.png

Are you using rough or smooth backed ones?

Archived