Rewards for winning?

Hobbit no12

Hello I'm new to the pokemon TCG forums and new to the game as well (both online and off) but I've played other TCG's before (Both online and more online then off) I know this is still beta and all but I was wondering if there are rewards or prizes for winning? the other game I played had weekly or monthly prizes so I just wanted to know if this game had anything like that.

I'm not just asking about cards but there doesn't seem to be any rank advancemeant or token boost for winning...

Sorry if there are topics all over the forum about this but I did a search of this forum for an answer but didn't really find anything. (So please don't bite my head off for posting a new topic)

Thanks ~no

Edit: Another qustion I had from reading the code of conduct. It said we are not aloud to post adds for other stuff games,site,ect,ect (and I totally understand the reasoning behind that) But I'm just wondering if we are aloud to talk about other game,, books,movies in a non addveritising way (if that makes sense) I'm not trying to contest the rules I'm just wondering if there is or will be a forum for talking about such things. Also am I correct in assuming that we would be aloud to talk about other nintendo owned games and systems?

If you win a Ranked game you can win 1 token. ...<_<;

You're definitely allowed to talk about other Nintendo games/systems, though. That's something we've done that's tried-and-true.

You get 2 Tokens for winning .

This is currently on Open Beta wont be that much good updates until Pokemon TCGO goes live.

1 token? better then nothing is there something you can spend tokens one? Or other ways to earn tokens? (I saw a post about gems not being active yet)

So is there a cost to losing a match? like losing a token or moving down the leader board?

I know one thing the other game I played had which I thought was good was a ranking system that you would move up and down on the ELO scoring system so that way you would be matched against players closer to your skill level also if you where miss matched you would win more ELO points if they addpeanted that for pokemon it could allow you to win more tokens for beating someone who has won lots of matches Idk just a thought

Thanks ~no

I'm not exactly sure that there is a ranking system. I don't think there is. There is no cost to losing the match and I don't know any other ways to gain tokens other than playing matches and possibly watching the walkthroughs. Tokens are only useful on the main pokemon site, where they can be used to update your avatar.

Speaking of prizes for winning, I've realized that playing the Trainer Challenge and Multiplayer Ranked doesn't seem to unlock the preloaded decks such as Basic Red, Water Assault, Nightfall, etc. The first three you have, but the other ones are locked and it doesn't say how. Does this come from winning matches?

Greetings

In order to unlock the 3 basic decks. You will have to win 12 games with them, and then open them up in your collection.

The other decks you will have to redeem in order to play. Not all of them are available yet, just make sure if you decide to purchase one, you look out for the special mark so you know they're for use online. Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

<p style="text-align: left; ">"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent."

Hello everyone!

Professor, what happens if you buy a Deck that is not unlocked yet? Can you still redeem the code? …or what if you didn't realize it was lock until you redeemed the code?

Greetings!

If you're refferring to the new theme decks from Emerging powers, you will have to wait until the 31st to redeem them. Otherwise you will have to ensure that a deck is specially marked for online play. If you have any trouble otherwize redeeming a code, please feel free to submit a ticket at support.pokemon.com, and our customer support team will be happy to assist you! Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent."

Speaking of prizes for winning, I've realized that playing the Trainer Challenge and Multiplayer Ranked doesn't seem to unlock the preloaded decks such as Basic Red, Water Assault, Nightfall, etc. The first three you have, but the other ones are locked and it doesn't say how. Does this come from winning matches?

Those are specail decks you have to buy from a store and put in a code they come with in order to get them. The code is only good for one use I think.

And they do that for booster packs too, right?

Will more online booster packs only be avaible with the use of actuall money?

Actually the Emerging Powers theme decks are unlockable. (Redeeming the code unlocks them.) It's the boosters that aren't useable till the 31st. The only decks on there that are not unloickable at the moment are Daybreak and Nightfall, those decks came out before TCGO so they don't have a redeem code. They will be unlockable this fall somehow.

Archived