Mega Bluetwo Deck !

ChawkyV

For what it's worth, this is what I've currently settled on as my best version of the deck. I'd be interested to hear how your differs, etc.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 11

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Smeargle BKT 123
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63
1 Sableye PR-XY XY92

Trainer Cards - 37

1 Skyla BCR 134
2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Professor's Letter XY 123
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
1 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 Lysandre AOR 78
2 Shauna PHF 104
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Xerosic PHF 110
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 AZ PHF 91
2 Switch BCR 135
4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
1 Professor Sycamore XY 122

Energy - 12
7 - Fighting Energy
5 - Psychic Energy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, this is what I've currently settled on as my best version of the deck. I'd be interested to hear how your differs, etc.

Pokémon - 11

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Smeargle BKT 123
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63
1 Sableye PR-XY XY92

Trainer Cards - 37

1 Skyla BCR 134
2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
1 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 Lysandre AOR 78
2 Shauna PHF 104
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Xerosic PHF 110
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 AZ PHF 91
2 Switch BCR 135
4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
1 Professor Sycamore XY 122

Energy - 12
7 - Fighting Energy
5 - Psychic Energy

only 1 Sycamore & 2 Shauna ?? that can NEVER be good.... but if it works that congrats :)

It works because of 2 Shaymin. But as I've said, the way this deck works is that it's super explosive at the start but it does slow down after the first few turns, but its so consistent for the first 3 turns that it seems worth it so far.

I'd say that about 90% of the time, even when I get a Shaymin start, I have Mega Mewtwo attacking on turn 2. A Hoopa start is a bit more challenging, but if I can get the AZ then it's not too bad. With 3 Battle Compressor and 4 VS Seeker the draw is actually better than you might think. My first Battle Compressor I typically put 2 energy and Sycamore into the discard pile, or sometimes Giovanni's Scheme (which can also draw cards) (unless I need the AZ right away).

But the 3 Battle Compressors really does impact the deck significantly. Not only does it enable easy access to a supporter and get your energy going, but I typically fully use every single one I get, so I'm often pulling 6 cards out of the deck within a couple of turns, so the draw is a little better than you might expect. 

But, one thing I don't like is I am a little too reliant on the Shaymin. I almost always play the 2 Shaymin by turn 2 or 3, so my bench has Hoopa and 2 Shaymin on it, and if I have Smeargle, then that's 4 bench spaces taken up. That's one of my biggest problems. I've considered running 1 either Sky Field or Parallel City but I haven't actually tried it yet.

It works because of 2 Shaymin. But as I've said, the way this deck works is that it's super explosive at the start but it does slow down after the first few turns, but its so consistent for the first 3 turns that it seems worth it so far.

I'd say that about 90% of the time, even when I get a Shaymin start, I have Mega Mewtwo attacking on turn 2. A Hoopa start is a bit more challenging, but if I can get the AZ then it's not too bad. With 3 Battle Compressor and 4 VS Seeker the draw is actually better than you might think. My first Battle Compressor I typically put 2 energy and Sycamore into the discard pile, or sometimes Giovanni's Scheme (which can also draw cards) (unless I need the AZ right away).

But the 3 Battle Compressors really does impact the deck significantly. Not only does it enable easy access to a supporter and get your energy going, but I typically fully use every single one I get, so I'm often pulling 6 cards out of the deck within a couple of turns, so the draw is a little better than you might expect. 

But, one thing I don't like is I am a little too reliant on the Shaymin. I almost always play the 2 Shaymin by turn 2 or 3, so my bench has Hoopa and 2 Shaymin on it, and if I have Smeargle, then that's 4 bench spaces taken up. That's one of my biggest problems. I've considered running 1 either Sky Field or Parallel City but I haven't actually tried it yet.

Yes my point, if you end up benching  2 shaymins + 1 hoopa you won't get enough space for other pokemon, that's why i'd rather use Sycamore/Shauna as main draw supporters and use Shaymin only when i can afford it as in only when i have free bench space.

Running SKyfield isn't an option, because this decks needs Dimension Valley to be good

I don't typically Shauna or Sycamore on turn 1 because I Hoopa for Mega Mewtwo, so if I got a new hand then I'd be getting rid of the Mega that I have set to evolve on the next turn. That's why I use Shaymin on turn 1, and sometimes I'll even use Giovanni in addition to that if I'm able to play my hand back down. Of course that does leave you susceptible to Judge or Red Card, but I'd very rarely had that happen.

Typically what I do is on turn 1 get Hoopa, then grab Shaymin + Mewtwo + Mega Mewtwo. Play what I can, then bench the Shaymin and typically draw 3 more cards. Then I typically use Sycamore or Shauna on the next turn after I evolve Mega Mewtwo.

I don't typically Shauna or Sycamore on turn 1 because I Hoopa for Mega Mewtwo, so if I got a new hand then I'd be getting rid of the Mega that I have set to evolve on the next turn. That's why I use Shaymin on turn 1, and sometimes I'll even use Giovanni in addition to that if I'm able to play my hand back down. Of course that does leave you susceptible to Judge or Red Card, but I'd very rarely had that happen.

Typically what I do is on turn 1 get Hoopa, then grab Shaymin + Mewtwo + Mega Mewtwo. Play what I can, then bench the Shaymin and typically draw 3 more cards. Then I typically use Sycamore or Shauna on the next turn after I evolve Mega Mewtwo.

Well my number one enemy for this deck is Bad hands and dead draws, so having enough draw supporters can be a huge help + sycamore works better because after you can just use Sacred Ash to return the discarded pokemon back to the deck, you should use at least 3 Sycamore and 3 shufflers (Shauna/Birch) in addition to 3-4 vs seekers imo just to avoid any surprises !

Every deck that is good enough to go high at regionals, cities and stuff runs pretty much always 4 Professor Sycamore at least in the supporter line..... Your supporter line is not good enough :P
Also I don't like coin flip based cards like Sableye. The only coin flip based card worth running is Birch. 

Night March is and stays a problem with this deck, but many decks got that problem :( 
Also got a problem dealing with Mega Houndoom / bats. Still I beat every RedTwo deck I see haha :)

This is my version of the deck now:

Pokémon - 12

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
3 Landorus FFI 58
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 159

Trainers - 38

2 Switch HS 102
1 Xerosic PHF 119
4 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159
2 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162
3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 Skyla BCR 149
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Lysandre FLF 104
3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 AZ PHF 117

Energy - 10

6 Fighting Energy XY 137
4 Psychic Energy XY 136

Every deck that is good enough to go high at regionals, cities and stuff runs pretty much always 4 Professor Sycamore at least in the supporter line..... Your supporter line is not good enough :P

Also I don't like coin flip based cards like Sableye. The only coin flip based card worth running is Birch.

Night March is and stays a problem with this deck, but many decks got that problem :(

Also got a problem dealing with Mega Houndoom / bats. Still I beat every RedTwo deck I see haha :)

This is my version of the deck now:

Pokémon - 12

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

3 Landorus FFI 58

1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89

3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158

3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 159

Trainers - 38

2 Switch HS 102

1 Xerosic PHF 119

4 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159

2 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 162

3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

3 Dimension Valley PHF 93

1 Skyla BCR 149

4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

4 Ultra Ball ROS 93

2 Lysandre FLF 104

3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

1 AZ PHF 117

Energy - 10

6 Fighting Energy XY 137

4 Psychic Energy XY 136

Your decklist is better tbh, sorry @rgp151 :P

Yes Running 3-4 Sycamore/Juniper and 4 shuffling Draw supporters is a must in Any deck i have to say but in your deck i can understand wwhy you'll occasionally need that extra 20 damage but Giovanni is just bad, any draw suporter can replace it + doing 20 more dmg still puts you short on KOing many megas

And if you wanna deal with NM decks throw in a promo Jirachi, it can fix that, Me the biggest problem i had was with Energy Disruption tbh

PS: you still haven't answered my question, did you use this deck in a real life tournament ??

I haven't yet. Just league training :)

Jirachi is a good idea, but I have no way of getting it in real life :( I really want the online deck to be the same as my tournament deck. I'm going to tournaments again in January and I will take BlueTwo with me, promise :)

Got a couple of logs from a recent match against Mega Manectric that really points out why I use 3 shrines and Giovanni, this is all the same match:

-------

Shrine use 1:

153. Opponent's M Manectric-EX used Turbo Bolt for 110 damage on royalebouquet's M Mewtwo-EX.
154. It is royalebouquet's turn (turn #8).
155. royalebouquet got M Mewtwo-EX.
156. royalebouquet played Skyla.
157. royalebouquet got Shrine of Memories.
158. royalebouquet's played Shrine of Memories.
159. royalebouquet attached Fighting Energy on benched Mewtwo-EX.
160. Opponents M Manectric-EX had 11 damage counters placed on it from Damage Change
161. royalebouquet's M Mewtwo-EX used Damage Change.

In turn 9 Mega Manectric did 110 damage on Mega Mewtwo. In turn 10 Mega Manectric got KOed with Vanishing Strike.

--------------------

Shrine use 2:

194. Opponents Regice used Resistance Blizzard for 70 damage on royalebouquet's M Mewtwo-EX (now total 180 damage)
195. It is royalebouquet's turn (turn #12).
196. royalebouquet got M Mewtwo-EX.
Played some not important stuff here to get a benched M Mewtwo evolved and charged.
201. royalebouquet's played Professor Sycamore.
202. royalebouquet got Landorus, Letter, Birch, Spirit link, Giovanni, Shrine and Sycamore.

209. royalebouquet's played Shrine of Memories.
210. royalebouquet's M Mewtwo-EX used Damage Change, resistance blizzard prevents damage, but M Mewtwo got fully healed.

In turn 13 (turns 9, 11 and 13 are from my opponent), the opponent pulled back Regice for M Manectric, lysandred up a Shaymin and knocked it out for the second en third price card, his first knock out was a Landorus early game). 

--------------------

Giovanni use:

228. M Mewtwo-EX became royalebouquet's new active Pokémon.
229. It is royalebouquet's turn (turn #14).
230. royalebouquet got VS Seeker.
231. royalebouquet ***** Psychic Energy on M Mewtwo-EX.
232. royalebouquet's played Giovanni's Scheme for 20 more damage.
233. royalebouquet's M Mewtwo-EX used Vanishing Strike for 220 damage to opponents M Manectric-EX.
234. Opponents M Manectric-EX is defeated.

--------

I won the match after taking down Regice with Vanishing Strike after this. Opponent really thought Regice would prevent M Mewtwo from attacking haha :)

But yeah I use damage change 2 to 3 times each game. The opponent in this game only got 1 Shaymin knocked out and 1 Landorus. Not a single Mewtwo or M Mewtwo was taken down and that rules :)

Your decklist is better tbh, sorry @rgp151 :P

Yes Running 3-4 Sycamore/Juniper and 4 shuffling Draw supporters is a must in Any deck i have to say but in your deck i can understand wwhy you'll occasionally need that extra 20 damage but Giovanni is just bad, any draw suporter can replace it + doing 20 more dmg still puts you short on KOing many megas

And if you wanna deal with NM decks throw in a promo Jirachi, it can fix that, Me the biggest problem i had was with Energy Disruption tbh

PS: you still haven't answered my question, did you use this deck in a real life tournament ??

Giovanni is a must in any Mega Bluetwo deck IMO. It lets you OHKO most Megas by itself. Honestly I'd like to have 2 of them because I've had them prized before when needed. The only mega that matters that you can't KO with Giovanni is Primal Groudon, but it lets you get Mega Man, Mega Gengar, Mega Rayquaza, Mega Houndoom, Mega Glalie, etc.

I'm not a fan of Jirachi. You have to waste an attack on it. I have Xerosic, which I think is better because you can also use it to remove a head ringer.

I almost lost a match to a Lucario deck that was running tons of hammers and Hawlucha. Basically every turn they were using hammers and grunts. I still won it by using the basic Mewtwo and just attacking for 120 without mega evolving and also thanks to Mega Turbo. 

I don't care for Landorus anymore in the deck. He doesn't really help set up faster and I lost a match to Mega Gengar because of Gengar's fighting resistance. I hit Mega Gengar for 200, got counter attacked and OHKOed due to weakness, then followed up with Landorus thinking I would get the win, but did no damage due to resistance and he took the win after that. At least with Sableye, there is nothing that has Psychic resistance that matters.

But really, the only matches I've lost are to mirror Mega Mewtwo, Mega Gengar, and Night March. This is because in all of these matchups Mega Mewtwo can be OHKOed due to weakness. Shrine of Memories isn't going to help when you are OHKOed. I haven't lost a single match to something other than those pokemon that hit for weakness. 

Honestly, i'm finding a lot of trouble playing this deck now, i have no idea why, i think i'll have to edit it a bit, I might add Giovannis and Shrines (Damage Change can help i admit) so i'll have to make all Mewtwos Red, and i'm also considering removing Landorus's all together, like you said rgp they just slow it down, the biggest issue remains hammers/flare grunts, but tbh M Bluetwo is pretty fast unlike what most people think , i'll try editing it, it might get back to its former glory !

If you don't want Landorus to partner it with, then partnering it with what?? You need a non-ex Pokemon to be your wall and stall till M Mewtwo sets up. You cannot play only 2 shaymin, 1 hoopa and a 3-3 M Mewtwo line? Thats way to unstable if you ask me? 

My biggest problem is getting lysandred while setting up. Not sure how to counter that yet. I'll look around in the collection, seeing if there are any Pokemon we might have missed as potential partners for BlueTwo.

Curious how you will run the deck without BlueTwo? With Sableye Promo? I don't like it being coin flip based if you would like to use it to set up Mewtwo. It makes the deck inconsistent.

I'm maybe putting back Battle Compressor, but how don't now yet...

If you don't want Landorus to partner it with, then partnering it with what?? You need a non-ex Pokemon to be your wall and stall till M Mewtwo sets up. You cannot play only 2 shaymin, 1 hoopa and a 3-3 M Mewtwo line? Thats way to unstable if you ask me? 

My biggest problem is getting lysandred while setting up. Not sure how to counter that yet. I'll look around in the collection, seeing if there are any Pokemon we might have missed as potential partners for BlueTwo.

Curious how you will run the deck without BlueTwo? With Sableye Promo? I don't like it being coin flip based if you would like to use it to set up Mewtwo. It makes the deck inconsistent.

I'm maybe putting back Battle Compressor, but how don't now yet...

Idk tbh what i'll replace Lando with, but it just doesn't do anything anymore, Mega turbo is enough for setting bluetwos but you're right i have to find something useful to  replace it with, maybe Hawlucha .... idk, i'll keep this thread posted !

I tried Hawlucha, but that's not good because it can't hit non-EXs. I'm just running 1 Sableye for setting up a 2nd or 3rd Mewtwo and that's it. Any non-EX needs to be able to take on Night Marchers IMO, so that's why Hawlucha is no good.

I tried Hawlucha, but that's not good because it can't hit non-EXs. I'm just running 1 Sableye for setting up a 2nd or 3rd Mewtwo and that's it. Any non-EX needs to be able to take on Night Marchers IMO, so that's why Hawlucha is no good.

Again, Deoxys could be a good supporting pokemon. As long as you don't get Lysandre'd or Escape Roped early on, Deoxys can tear through your opponent while you set up your Mewtwos.

HA.

I played against a  M Mewtwo deck that had 4 Escape Ropes a couple days ago.   I think he played one every turn as he Vanishing Struck my face.

I thought it was a sick joke, but he was a courteous enough player to make his deck list public, there was 4 there...

Again, Deoxys could be a good supporting pokemon. As long as you don't get Lysandre'd or Escape Roped early on, Deoxys can tear through your opponent while you set up your Mewtwos.

Deoxys can work in it thank you i'll have to test it !!

HA.

I played against a  M Mewtwo deck that had 4 Escape Ropes a couple days ago.   I think he played one every turn as he Vanishing Struck my face.

I thought it was a sick joke, but he was a courteous enough player to make his deck list public, there was 4 there...

Escape rope hmmm I was never a fan tbh but i'll give it a shot, maybe i'll replace the Switches with Escape Ropes !

Deoxys is defiantly a good idea. I think I'll leave 2 Shaimin in the deck, but Deoxys could reduce the need to bench the 2nd Shaymin. However, I'm not really sure where to fix Deoxys in. 

It can hit Mewtwo for weakness, if Deoxys hangs tough for a couple turns it's pretty sweet. Definitely attacking on turn 2 also. Obviously the Megas were deliberately kept unable to OHKO themselves without something, there'd have to have seven energies between them for Redtwo to perform this feat, and Bluetwo requires Giovannis, no?

I mean, Blue Mega Mewtwo DOES hit for weakness, and so Blue Mega Mewtwo hits any Psychic weak pokemon, including any form of Mega Mewtwo, for 400 damage. Red Mega Mewtwo does not hit for weakness, but if you use Shrine of Memories and Blue Mewtwo's Psyburn, then you can hit Mega Mewtwo for weakness for 240 damage, causing an OHKO.

I mean, Blue Mega Mewtwo DOES hit for weakness, and so Blue Mega Mewtwo hits any Psychic weak pokemon, including any form of Mega Mewtwo, for 400 damage. Red Mega Mewtwo does not hit for weakness, but if you use Shrine of Memories and Blue Mewtwo's Psyburn, then you can hit Mega Mewtwo for weakness for 240 damage, causing an OHKO.

I know lol , M Bluetwo is one of my favourite cards, i know all about it, he was asking whether it would OHKO most Megas, not just mewtwos, all megas with Giovanni up to 220 HP

Ah, I see now.   Vanishing Strike is completely sick.  It's way better than Psychic Infinity.

Yes IKR !! i have no idea why it doesn't get as much love as Mega Red thou, i feel bad

I'm liking the Deoxys. I think I'm going to stick with that. This is my deck currently: 

Pokémon - 13

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Smeargle BKT 123
3 Deoxys ROS 33
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63

Trainer Cards - 35

1 Skyla BCR 134
2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92