Mega Bluetwo Deck !

ChawkyV

People kept saying that Mega Mewtwo X aka Mega Bluetwo was bad, well I WILL prove them wrong with this decklist, for me It is far superior to Mega Redtwo since it can hit through anything !

People keep complaining how slow is it, without even thinking about Mega Turbo, Dimension Valley and Landorus, It can be set in turn 2, try it and Let me know !

Pokemon: 14

4-4 Mega Bluetwo-ex

2 Deoxys RS

2 Shaymin-ex

1 Hoopa-ex

1 Jirachi Promo

Trainers: 34

4 Professor Sycamore

4 Professor Birch's Observations

1 Skyla

1 Lysandre

4 Mega Turbo

4 Mewtwo Spirit Link

4 Vs Seeker

3 Shrine of Memories

3 Ultra Ball

2 Dimension Valley

2 Switch / Escape Rope

1 Battle Compressor

1 Sacred Ash

Energy: 12

8 Fighting

4 Psychic

There is also the slower Volcarona Variant, replace the Deoxys / Landorus with 2-2  AO Volcarona

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That really is a strong deck XD I played it and it really is good... The only fault in my opinion is sometimes how energy is not enough with battles vs energy discarding decks only 4 mega turbo so that might be a downside... Other then that amazingly powerful deck, it really surprised me.

That really is a strong deck XD I played it and it really is good... The only fault in my opinion is sometimes how energy is not enough with battles vs energy discarding decks only 4 mega turbo so that might be a downside... Other then that amazingly powerful deck, it really surprised me.

Exactly man, Energy discarding decks are its main weakness, as M Blue must have at least 3 energies to attack, So hammers, Flare Grunt and your boy Mega Lucario, are all dangerous to this deck ... well maybe not mega lucario :)

THANK YOU! I also really love the Blue version rather than the Red Version, this is my list once I get the cards so it isnt tested so it might not work so well.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Hawlucha FFI 63
3 Landorus FFI 58
1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 62
2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63
1 Wobbuffet PHF 36

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Skyla BCR 134
1 Professor's Letter XY 123
4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
1 Korrina FFI 95
1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Scorched Earth PRC 138
1 Super Rod NVI 95
3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Switch BCR 135
1 Lysandre FLF 104
1 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
2 Mega Turbo ROS 86
4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
2 Muscle Band XY 121
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 10

Fighting - 7

Psychic - 3

Total Cards - 50

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

THANK YOU! I also really love the Blue version rather than the Red Version, this is my list once I get the cards so it isnt tested so it might not work so well.

Pokémon - 14

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

2 Hawlucha FFI 63

3 Landorus FFI 58

1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 62

2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61

3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63

1 Wobbuffet PHF 36

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Skyla BCR 134

4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

1 Korrina FFI 95

1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

1 Scorched Earth PRC 138

1 Super Rod NVI 95

1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

1 Switch BCR 135

1 Lysandre FLF 104

1 Float Stone BKT 137

3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134

2 Mega Turbo ROS 86

4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

2 Muscle Band XY 121

4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 0

Total Cards - 50

Alright, test it and let us know how it did, your list has many techs and additions unlike Mine that is purely straightforward: it atatches energy to M Bluetwo and attacks, yours have a lot of other options !

Alright, test it and let us know how it did, your list has many techs and additions unlike Mine that is purely straightforward: it atatches energy to M Bluetwo and attacks, yours have a lot of other options !

Yeah, still need three Mewtwos and 2 M mewtwos LOL anyway, it is similar but the Hawluchas are there for free retreat and of course its nice attack, and the wobbuffet is for blocking so yeah, just a lil flexibilty.

EDIT: Also wanted to know what Mewtwos you were using. Since even though the Shatter Shot one is better all round, its useless in Standard non-Psychic decks and also that its attack won't be doing a lot or youre doing something wrong more than likely the Photon Wave one is more flexible however 2 Psychic and Dimension Valley can work well with the damage swap so I do run 1

Yeah, still need three Mewtwos and 2 M mewtwos LOL anyway, it is similar but the Hawluchas are there for free retreat and of course its nice attack, and the wobbuffet is for blocking so yeah, just a lil flexibilty.

Oh yes I got the idea, Good luck with getting the cards you need :)

Oh yes I got the idea, Good luck with getting the cards you need :)

Thanks, just got one more M Mewtwo so almost there! I'll also try your setup once I get the cards and I'll see which is better, will let you know.

Thanks, just got one more M Mewtwo so almost there! I'll also try your setup once I get the cards and I'll see which is better, will let you know.

Okay, Have fun man

Wow, to my surprise, I've been able to put together a MegaBluetwo deck in the last couple days. Just finished off by trading a full art Geovanni's Scheme for a Full art Mega Mewtwo. Soon as I saw that trade I clicked it as fast as possible :P Also traded a full art Houndoom for a full art Shatter Shot Mewtwo :D :D

Here is what I've got:

Pokémon - 12

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
3 Landorus FFI 58
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158
3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 63

Trainer Cards - 36

1 Skyla BCR 134
2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Lysandre AOR 78
3 Shauna PHF 104
4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
1 Xerosic PHF 110
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105
1 Tierno PHF 107
2 Switch BCR 135
4 Mega Turbo ROS 86
1 Professor Sycamore XY 122
4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 12

7 Fighting
5 Psychic

I've been testing my version, and using Smeargle BKT which is pretty cool. One thing, why are you using so many Psychic? I would maybe cut down on em a bit. Giovanni's Scheme??

I just switched out 1 Mega Turbo for 1 Shrine of Memories, which will be more effective one I replace all of the Photon Wave Mewtwwos with the Shatter Shot Mewtwos.

Giovanni's Scheme is essential and has already won me two games. You need it to OHKO other Megas. Still can't take out the Primals, but if you hit them first with Landorus then you can KO them with Giovanni's Scheme. Really I'd like to get one more into the deck if possible.

I like the Psychic for cases where I'm stuck using basic Mewtwo-EX for some reason, and in case you have Mewtwo in the active on the start you can get some hits in. It's not a big deal. I'd run either 4/8 or 5/7. I opted for 5/7 for now. Also, I like to run 2 and 2 on Mega Mewtwo in case an energy gets discarded or Dimension Valley is taken away.

I just switched out 1 Mega Turbo for 1 Shrine of Memories, which will be more effective one I replace all of the Photon Wave Mewtwwos with the Shatter Shot Mewtwos.

Giovanni's Scheme is essential and has already won me two games. You need it to OHKO other Megas. Still can't take out the Primals, but if you hit them first with Landorus then you can KO them with Giovanni's Scheme. Really I'd like to get one more into the deck if possible.

I like the Psychic for cases where I'm stuck using basic Mewtwo-EX for some reason, and in case you have Mewtwo in the active on the start you can get some hits in. It's not a big deal. I'd run either 4/8 or 5/7. I opted for 5/7 for now. Also, I like to run 2 and 2 on Mega Mewtwo in case an energy gets discarded or Dimension Valley is taken away.

Well Dimension Valley is the best stadium for it, it cuts down the attack cost

Well Dimension Valley is the best stadium for it, it cuts down the attack cost

Yeah, I've got 4 Dimension Valley and 1 Shrine of Memories.

The purpose of this is that when you are using the Red Mewtwo-EX using you can use Damage Change to heal yourself and put all of your damage onto the opponent's active.

With 1 Shrine of Memories you can Skyla for it when you need it. In order to use Damage Change you are going to have to have 2 Psychic energy on Mega Mewtwo anyway, so at that point if you are using Damage Change,then by definition you should have 2 Psychic and 2 Fighting energy on Mega Mewtwo. 

Anyway, cards that I have found to be key to this deck are Skyla, Giovanni's Scheme, and Pokemon Center Lady. I have all of those as 1 ofs, but at least one of them has been key to winning just about every game I've been in.

You need Skyla to guarantee you can have a stadium up. paint Roller and Deep Hurricane and other similar attacks can discard the stadium so you need to have a way to get a stadium back in to play. 

I've won two games vs. Mega Rayquaza because of Giovanni's Scheme that I would have lost without it. It's an absolute must have.

Mega Mewtwo is a big investment, lots of energy. You want to try and keep her alive as long as possible, so you need healing. On top of that, Mega Mewtwo is pretty much unstoppable, except for special conditions. You need Pokemon Center Lady so you don't get stopped by Sleep, Paralysis, or Confusion.

Between Pokemon Center Lady and the use of Damage Change with Shrine of Memories you should be able to keep Mega Mewtwo alive pretty good. Pretty much the only thing you have to worry about is getting one-shot by Mega Rayquaza or something like some lucky rolls from a loaded up Malamar-EX. But that's why you need Giovanni's Scheme, to guarantee that you can one-shot anything that's capable of one-shoting you.

But if you already have a bunch if energy and/or dimension valley's are prized it could be useful to have it as a 1-of.

Maybe I can take out Tierno and put in Smeargle. That Tierno is not really doing me any good in this deck anyway.

I love using this deck with shrine of memories and smeargle, it's very easy to pull of mewtwo's damage change attack which makes him almost unbeatable. Unfortunately I have no idea how this deck can beat night march besides like tool retriever(or masquerain in expanded) and weakness policy or something :[.

Actually the Blue Mewtwo is useful with Shrine of Memories as well. If you are up against other big hitting Megas like Mega Rayquaza or Primal Groudon then you need to use Blue Mewtwo's Photon Wave to hit for 30 and protect yourself from 30. For example, against Mega Rayquaza, if you don't have Giovanni's Scheme you can use Shrine of Memories with Photon Wave to hit for 30. Then even if he puts out Shy Field and gets a full bench he can only hit for 240-30, which is 210, which will leave you with 20 HP and the ability to KO him on the next turn (assuming no healing).

Basically Red Mewtwo can heal you up from attacks you survive, but Blue Mewtwo can prevent you from getting OHKOed, so its best to run both and use the one that works best for the situation. If you are up against an opponent that can potentially OHKO you, then use Blue Mewtwo. If not then use Red Mewtwo.

I added Smeargle.

I just wrecked a Red Mewtwo. Blue Mewtwo is definitely better cause it dominates the "mirror" match. Red Mewtwo doesn't hit for weakness. I had a few re-draws in the beginning (hence it looks like I drew a ton of cards).

Game Log Output Begins Here:
    1. rgp151 flipped 0 coins resulting in 0 heads and 0 tails, for Start of Game.
    2. It is now ********'s turn (Turn #1).
    3. ******** drew a card.
    4. ******** drew a card.
    5. ******** drew a card.
    6. ******** drew a card.
    7. ******** drew a card.
    8. ******** drew a card.
    9. ******** drew a card.
    10. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    11. rgp151 drew Professor Sycamore.
    12. rgp151 drew Pokémon Center Lady.
    13. rgp151 drew M Mewtwo-EX.
    14. rgp151 drew Psychic Energy.
    15. rgp151 drew Shrine of Memories.
    16. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    17. rgp151 drew VS Seeker.
    18. rgp151 drew Psychic Energy.
    19. rgp151 drew Giovanni's Scheme.
    20. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    21. rgp151 drew Dimension Valley.
    22. rgp151 drew Switch.
    23. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    24. rgp151 drew Trainers' Mail.
    25. rgp151 drew Lysandre.
    26. rgp151 drew M Mewtwo-EX.
    27. rgp151 drew Ultra Ball.
    28. rgp151 drew Dimension Valley.
    29. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    30. rgp151 drew Giovanni's Scheme.
    31. rgp151 drew Mega Turbo.
    32. rgp151 drew Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear.
    33. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    34. rgp151 drew Dimension Valley.
    35. rgp151 drew Landorus.
    36. rgp151 drew Skyla.
    37. rgp151 drew Mewtwo Spirit Link.
    38. Landorus became rgp151's new active Pokémon.
    39. ******** drew a card.
    40. ******** drew a card.
    41. ******** drew a card.
    42. ******** drew a card.
    43. ******** attached a Double Colorless Energy to Zorua.
    44. ******** played Professor Sycamore.
    45. ******** drew a card.
    46. ******** drew a card.
    47. ******** drew a card.
    48. ******** drew a card.
    49. ******** drew a card.
    50. ******** drew a card.
    51. ******** drew a card.
    52. ******** put Mewtwo-EX onto the Bench.
    53. ******** attached a Mewtwo Spirit Link to Mewtwo-EX.
    54. ******** played Ultra Ball.
    55. ******** drew a card.
    56. It is now rgp151's turn (Turn #2).
    57. rgp151 drew Landorus.
    58. rgp151 played Skyla.
    59. rgp151 drew Ultra Ball.
    60. rgp151 played Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear.
    61. rgp151 played Ultra Ball.
    62. rgp151 drew Hoopa-EX.
    63. rgp151 put Hoopa-EX onto the Bench.
    64. rgp151 drew Mewtwo-EX.
    65. rgp151 drew Shaymin-EX.
    66. rgp151 drew M Mewtwo-EX.
    67. rgp151 put Mewtwo-EX onto the Bench.
    68. rgp151 attached a Mewtwo Spirit Link to Mewtwo-EX.
    69. rgp151 played Dimension Valley.
    70. rgp151 put Shaymin-EX onto the Bench.
    71. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    72. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    73. rgp151 drew Trainers' Mail.
    74. rgp151 drew Fighting Energy.
    75. rgp151 played Trainers' Mail.
    76. rgp151 drew Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear.
    77. rgp151 attached a Fighting Energy to Landorus.
    78. rgp151 played Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear.
    79. rgp151's Landorus used its Shout of Power Attack.
    80. rgp151 attached a Psychic Energy to Mewtwo-EX.
    81. It is now ********'s turn (Turn #3).
    82. ******** drew a card.
    83. ******** attached a Double Colorless Energy to Mewtwo-EX.
    84. ******** put M Mewtwo-EX onto the Bench.
    85. ******** attached a Mewtwo Spirit Link to M Mewtwo-EX.
    86. ********'s Mewtwo-EX evolved into M Mewtwo-EX.
    87. M Mewtwo-EX became ********'s new active Pokémon.
    88. ******** played Lysandre.
    89. Mewtwo-EX became rgp151's new active Pokémon.
    90. ********'s M Mewtwo-EX used Psychic Infinity and did 100 damage to rgp151's Mewtwo-EX.
    91. It is now rgp151's turn (Turn #4).
    92. rgp151 drew Switch.
    93. M Mewtwo-EX became rgp151's new active Pokémon.
    94. rgp151 attached a Mewtwo Spirit Link to M Mewtwo-EX.
    95. rgp151's Mewtwo-EX evolved into M Mewtwo-EX.
    96. rgp151 attached a Fighting Energy to M Mewtwo-EX.
    97. rgp151 played Mega Turbo.
    98. rgp151 attached a Fighting Energy to M Mewtwo-EX.
    99. rgp151's M Mewtwo-EX used Vanishing Strike and did 400 damage to ********'s M Mewtwo-EX.
    100. ********'s M Mewtwo-EX was knocked out.
    101. rgp151 received a Prize card.
    102. rgp151 received a Prize card.
    103. Zorua became ********'s new active Pokémon.
    104. It is now ********'s turn (Turn #5).
    105. ******** drew a card.
    106. ******** played Giovanni's Scheme.
    107. ******** drew a card.
    108. ******** drew a card.
    109. ******** drew a card.
    110. ******** drew a card.
    111. ******** played Ultra Ball.
    112. ******** drew a card.
    113. Zoroark became ********'s new active Pokémon.
    114. ********'s Zorua evolved into Zoroark.
    115. ******** attached a Double Colorless Energy to Zoroark.
    116. ********'s Zoroark used Mind Jack and did 100 damage to rgp151's M Mewtwo-EX.
    117. It is now rgp151's turn (Turn #6).
    118. rgp151 drew Psychic Energy.
    119. rgp151's M Mewtwo-EX used Vanishing Strike and did 200 damage to ********'s Zoroark.
    120. ********'s Zoroark was knocked out.
    121. rgp151 received a Prize card.

Game Log Output Ends Here

Mega Redtwo isn't all it's hyped up to be, I beat one of those decks with Yveltal, it was using a Fairy Engine and I won relatively easy even after some enhanced hammers, and a very bad start with no supporters. IMO it's a tier 2 deck at best but M Bluetwo could definitely be a tier 1 deck.

I think Blue Mewtwo is the top deck IMO. I just lost a ptcgo tournament to Giratina-EX using Mega Rayquaza the other day that would have been cake with Blue Mewtwo. Granted I was using my M Ray-Regirock build and might have been able to win if I had been using a Fairy build instead (Whimsicott hitting Girtatina for weakness is pretty sweet), but the Fairy build is not great vs Lightning decks. The problem with M Ray is that it has too many different competing threats to deal with. You can make builds that counter each of the threats, but it's very hard to have a build that works against all of them.

With Mega Bluetwo, though, there is almost nothing you need to worry about. Energy discards hurt a little, but its not that bad because the deck has a lot of ways to get energy back from the discard pile.

Honestly I haven't lost a game with Mega Bluetwo yet, so I'm not sure what the biggest challenge is for it yet. I've only run about 8 or 9 games with it so far though, so its still early. I *could* have lost vs the Red Mewtwo, but I did happen to get really good hands.

I guess really the biggest threat is other big Megas that you can't easily OHKO. Luckily Mega Glalie has only 220 HP cause that would be a super hard matchup if he just had 230, but at 220 you can just hit him with Giovanni's scheme. Primal Groudon might be a problem, I haven't faced one yet. You could maybe run 2 Blue 1 Red for stuff like a Primal Groudon matchup, but I'm not sure if that would really be good or not.

I've seen someone use a similar deck and with me using my own Fame 'r Fortune deck, I thought: "pfft, bluetwo what a joke"

I ended up wishing I had not thought that, Bluetwo when played correctly might sweep away an opponent in a matter of a few turns.

Archived