Zeckrom/Reshiram Decks

SaltyDavis

Seriously, people who build decks that have 2 or more Zeckrom/Reshiram are worthy of ridicule. I wish there was a limit in place, but that's unlikely to happen since the TCGO rules are the same as real-life rules. But now that I have the ability to play tonnes of matches in a day with many different opponents, encountering these players has become very frustrating. I have two or three Zekrom cards in real-life, but I'm not going to load my deck with them.

Anyone else frustrated by this? And any tips on surviving these decks? (I run a modified Green Tornado (Grass/Psychic) deck, which doesn't tend to give me any advantages).

i completely agree its kind of broken to use those cards, i mean if your opponent is lucky, with one of those cards he can take at least three of your pokemons, they are too powerful for basic pokemons and dont require a lot of energies. I also hate that the more damage you do with you basic pokemons makes them stronger. I wish there was a playing section were some cards were banned. I dont know what you could do to survive them by adding few cards, my deck as a whole is not very weak to them and i can handle them. I would suggest basic pokemons that can inflict conditions like baby pokemons, hope it helps.

Give me a break. EDIT: Somehow, I actually managed to win this match! MVP: Musharna, and I managed to get another Serperior out afterwards.

bulld.png

Give me a break. EDIT: Somehow, I actually managed to win this match! MVP: Musharna, and I managed to get another Serperior out afterwards.

bulld.png

wow....glad you won. Blastoise/ferglator prime deck or Blastois/flotezel deck or Roserade/victorbel/leafon deck can destroy them....

O ya! Everytime someone puts one on his/her bench I just out loud give a big Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......one of these guys. also my deck is terrible now, so its becoming no fun to play anyway. There needs to be another way to earn cards. haha im not made of money

Reshiram and Zekrom are far from unbeatable, especially in random fire and lightning non Tier 1 decks.

Donphan/Yanmega/Zoroark can reliably beat all Zekrom variants and most Reshiram variants except for Reshiram/Typhlosion where its more like 50-50. Same goes for Magnezone/Yanmega and Mew Toolbox. Ross's 2nd place amazing deck has a good matchup against both as well (at least till Catcher). Machamp/Donphan is also a good choice.

If you cant beat a random Reshiram or Zekrom deck, then your deck just isnt up to par.

Problem for me to earn cards is i have a couple of emerging power booster packs but i can't redeem until 31st of august so useless online atm..

apart from the toxic tricks deck I can't redeem more codes as i can't possibly buy another deck and I don't know if there are other booster packs apart from emerging power i can redeem.

Reshiram and Zekrom are far from unbeatable, especially in random fire and lightning non Tier 1 decks.

Donphan/Yanmega/Zoroark can reliably beat all Zekrom variants and most Reshiram variants except for Reshiram/Typhlosion where its more like 50-50. Same goes for Magnezone/Yanmega and Mew Toolbox. Ross's 2nd place amazing deck has a good matchup against both as well (at least till Catcher). Machamp/Donphan is also a good choice.

If you cant beat a random Reshiram or Zekrom deck, then your deck just isnt up to par.

No Ross' deck will really shine once catcher comes out. Turn 2 that catcher becomes a dead draw. Vileplume is going to be a key counter to all the trainer rush decks.

No Ross' deck will really shine once catcher comes out. Turn 2 that catcher becomes a dead draw. Vileplume is going to be a key counter to all the trainer rush decks.

The problem might be getting that Vileplume into play against guaranteed T2 80/120 and a Catcher for Oddish. You need to put at least 2 on your bench and evolve the survivor next turn.

Archived