Do NOT use public offers to advertise!

bhast4

Lately I've accepted several offers for cards, some of which are very rare, that asked nothing in return. I've seen a few such offers that came with a message that said something to the effect of "make me an offer for these", which, it must be said, is idiotic. I haven't accepted any free offers where the person made it clear they wanted something in return, but if disaster strikes you it's your own fault folks. If I don't take your free Reshiram, someone else will, and I don't want to have to play them :P. If anyone whose free offer I've accepted is reading this and is lamenting their loss, I will consider returning the cards provided they promise not to be so irresponsible in the future. There's more than enough nonsense going on in public offers already. If, on the other hand, you just get a kick out of throwing meat to the dogs, you have my thanks. Keep em coming. Woof.

Whilst it is true that anyone who asks for an offer in this way is a fool, and one that I pity, it is not always their fault. I lost a Darkrai Legend (top half of Darkrai Cresselia) when I posted a public trade and the cost of the trade was not saved. I definately requested a Yanmega Prime for it and mentioned that in the description but my offer was accepted without the other end of the deal.

My point is, don't go accusing people of stupidity unless you have proof of such. The system is still very buggy and it may not be their fault. Although like I said, anyone asking for an offer does deserve everything they get

Sorry to hear that. Based on some of the activity I've seen on here, I tend to just assume people don't have common sense. But you're right; if offers are falling apart within the system, it would be unfair to criticize. I just wish I knew how often that's actually been the case.

I remember back in closed beta me and the Pokétas helped out people who had been scammed out of their cards when Public Trades first opened. I gave out over 5 Dons, 3 Mags a few Reshirams and other rares.

I think sometimes it's just confusing and yes there are system farts but also there are people who want to take ahold of those naive people and scam them out of their cards.

I know of 1 other person who this happened to but it does seem to be a rare occurrence, I didn't mean to have a go at you I just wanted to let people know that while we are in beta we must take everything with a pinch of salt and give people the benefit of the doubt

Sorry to hear that. Based on some of the activity I've seen on here, I tend to just assume people don't have common sense. But you're right; if offers are falling apart within the system, it would be unfair to criticize. I just wish I knew how often that's actually been the case.

Did you take my samauott, gyarados, alph and cleffa, or anyone, please give me back or give me 2 rare candies. Thanks

I did put the rare candies in the receiving side. But I don't know why it drop off.

Public trade always worked nice for me. Thx to public offers someone accepted my trade to trade my Lengend Goudron part for a Legend Lugia part and now I have my Lugia legend card complete.

Also made some public deals where people offer like 5 cards, including legends for one legend from myself. I accepted the offer because if this person want to make a trade like this why wouldn't I accept it. For me all trade worked as expected. I also used my trades to expand my deck and right now I already gained up to 13 cards by doing public offers. I did nothing unfair tho. Only accepted peoples offers.

Archived