ZevKyogre

The WORST theme deck to use

BowserLuigi

I've played a lot of theme decks and I got to say that the worst one I've played is probably the Fennekin deck. Delphox's Fire Blast takes too long to charge and isn't even worth it (and its other attack sucks)  and the other pokemon in the deck are so bad it's not even funny. Truly unplayable imo.

Plasma Shadow is probably the worst of the plasma decks. It is sooo hard to even get enough energy to start hitting things hard. And how am I supposed to hex things with ONLY ONE LASER????? Totally outclassed by Plasma Claw (which is surprisingly better than it looks) and Psy Crusher and simply can't hold a candle to the mighty Frost Ray.

Nakashiko

The worst deck is Undaunted from HS, i'm trying in trainer challenge to get the pack, but this deck don't want win a match.. The worst deck ever..

PlatinumDude

i still say all these decks are still better then the starter decks. thoes theme decks are not realy usefule for even the supporters.

personaly i think the fighting dark deck with pancham is terrible for the chalanges because its not consistant as a deck. almost imposible to consistantly get it

If you're talking about the Dark Hammer deck, it's one of the most consistent decks out there, due to having 2 Korrinas to search for the Fighting Pokemon you need. It's good for the Fighting challenges, due to its ease of getting Machamp out in most cases.

olafviking

If you're talking about the Dark Hammer deck, it's one of the most consistent decks out there, due to having 2 Korrinas to search for the Fighting Pokemon you need. It's good for the Fighting challenges, due to its ease of getting Machamp out in most cases.

if its consistant im probably never lucky wiht it, i never get my korrinas ;( and to get the pancham out its a pain while machamp is not consistantly able to be out due to the fact that there is little to no draw and maby you get machamp you dont get the energy, personaly the only deck i have been consistant with is the terrible round deck for some reason so its probably my luck.

wbarrow

Fennekin?

Nernez

Resilient Life was my second theme deck and it's just plain horrible. I almost quit playing the game after five straight losses to Calvin (yes Calvin!!!) Out of the free theme decks I find green to be the worst. 

KarpGrinder

i still say all these decks are still better then the starter decks. thoes theme decks are not realy usefule for even the supporters.

personaly i think the fighting dark deck with pancham is terrible for the chalanges because its not consistant as a deck. almost imposible to consistantly get it

... Out of the free theme decks I find green to be the worst. 

What madness is this? Surely you lot are trolling? (inb4 "Don't Call me Shirley")

1genesect2

a good deck all around is the night striker aka noivern. first deck i bought and man it is great. if you don' believe me google breakthrough gengar, this card comes with it basic and it is awesome

Oldschool1990

Worst decks: basically everything before gen5 (b/w).

Especially HG/SS ones.

Like the nidoking-deck from the bundle.

0 card draw.

Weak pokes with overpriced energy cost for low damage.

A pain to play with.

Elavion

I have a few decks older than XY and they're all unplayable these days (maybe except for Mental Might, and that one is still pretty mediocre).

Edited by Elavion

JOose

BW Trainer Kit, the Zoroak/Excadrill deck. Worst. Thing. Ever.

Doodleboppers

The Feniken, Froakie, and I'm guessing the Chespin as well ones are 100% terrible. So may janky fluff pokemon with no evolutions makes it impossible to actually build up a presence even against the bots. I must have played a good 30 games with the Feniken deck and I still haven't beaten enough of the ai's to earn the pack from it... I really wish I could refund those decks x.x

theotherguytm

Basic Yellow. Out of date, horrible to play, and beaten by even the weakest of the store-bought decks. It makes RL with Xerneas and Aromatisse in the prizes look meta.

Doodleboppers

What madness is this? Surely you lot are trolling? (inb4 "Don't Call me Shirley")

Totally agreed. I Play the XY Basic Green one pretty heavily and find it to be more fun than the blue one. Yes the blue one has the potential of more dmg.... but the green one has the best weapon of all: Troll Monkey (and crazy amounts of drawpower.)

SeanZStorm

I've never really liked the Basic Yellow theme deck, the Pokémon aren't that good compared to the other 3 Basic theme decks you start with. Among the purchasable theme decks, Resilient Life has way too many useless filler cards (Spoink, Ekans, Phantump) with weak attacks and no evolutions included. Unless you want to make a fairy deck using Fairy Garden and Xerneas, it's not really worth it. My favorite Basic deck is Blue, because of the low energy requirements by Greninja and Gyarados's massive attack damage and for theme decks, Wave Slasher is good for making grass or water decks and for Themed battles, Night Striker and Dark Hammer are the best. The Lugia deck's Delphox is quite good as well, though

Jack_Skulls

Sylveon is my favorite Pokemon and because of that I chose Enchanted Echo as my first theme deck, which is why I despise whomever designed it. Half of the entire deck is figuratively absolutely worthless and while I personally can still win with it, fights that I use it in become painful and drawn out for both sides.

• Upvote 1

Chasista

Sylveon is my favorite Pokemon and because of that I chose Enchanted Echo as my first theme deck, which is why I despise whomever designed it. Half of the entire deck is figuratively absolutely worthless and while I personally can still win with it, fights that I use it in become painful and drawn out for both sides.

Welcome to forums.

Did you check this is a 2 years old thread? Wow!

Anyway, Enchanted echo is not the worst Theme deck out there by far. Easily PLB Mind wipe is a lot worst and of course Verdant frost or any other HGSS era Theme is pretty much inconsistent than the XY Theme decks.

If you're starting you may know the best Theme decks are the last released: Blazing volcano, Mach Strike, Leaf charge, Hydro fury, Imperial command... you should get some of that, if that fits your way to enjoy the game.

• Upvote 2

GR0

Chaos Control, by far. Even the Trainer Kits look like gods compared to Chaos Control.

It has only 2 useful Pokemon: Tyranitar (which is terribly difficult to use: you also need to get Pupitar without any searching except 2 flippy Poke Balls, and you need to get 2 out of 3 Darkness Energies because Tail Crush is horrible. During my quest to get 12 wins, I got Pupitar and Tyranitar together only ONCE, and I had to duel 30+ times thanks to all the losses), and Lucario which is on the low end of usefulness.

The rest? Mismagius deals a LOLworthy amount of damage, the 2x Metang can do a little bit of damage but it really shows they need to evolve further, aaaannnd... oh wait, that's all: for the rest you're stuck with cards like Zubat. Good luck!

At least its counterpart, Steel Sentinel, has some more ways to win: it has 6 basics that can do a decent job without evolving (Onix and Tauros, which are about as good as Metang thanks to their colorless-ness and being basic), Steelix is way easier to use thanks to being stage 1, and Roserade can really dish out the hurt by sending out confusion while it's slowly powered up on the bench.

Edited by GR0

BowserLuigi

Welcome to forums.

Did you check this is a 2 years old thread? Wow!

Anyway, Enchanted echo is not the worst Theme deck out there by far. Easily PLB Mind wipe is a lot worst and of course Verdant frost or any other HGSS era Theme is pretty much inconsistent than the XY Theme decks.

If you're starting you may know the best Theme decks are the last released: Blazing volcano, Mach Strike, Leaf charge, Hydro fury, Imperial command... you should get some of that, if that fits your way to enjoy the game.

Mind Wipe isn't actually THAT bad when it was released (Solar Strike from the same set is even worse btw). Genesect, Tropius and Reuniclus are actually decent enough attackers in that era. Granted, it's nothing spectacular but it's far from the worst.

Worst BW theme deck imo is Plasma Shadow wirh iirc only 2 'good' attackers and both are still really bad, requiring stupidly high af energy costs to attack for meaningful amount of damage, and hardly any search power. I had nightmares even thinking about how often that thing bricks when compared to most other BW theme decks.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanna toss in my two cents.

olnameke

do we have it? i can not find it, can someone tell me how to find it please