What are the best current standard decks?

Pika36521

This Mienshao deck reminds me more accelgor, but with the advantage the cards remain in your hand after attacking, and N has been rotated out. There's still red card, but how many players run it...? Oh and xerosic and megaphone of course. Still it doesn't seem that fun to play, mostly because you have to be patient...and your opponent as well.

Now i might be interested in building one of these manectric/regice decks. It seems the right type, plus energy acceleration and ex-counter. But i dont know anything else about it... are there any lists to start from? What's manectric and mega ratting? 16 pack for 2-2 lines?

Or maybe i just wait on the BT release to see the meta upgrades on decks, but still i need a competitive standard deck. I'm only runing vespiquen and golurk as standard now.

Mienshao decks are slow, but ******** at least a 2-2-2 line with Sashes, they're basically impossible to kill, adn yes Red card is a big threat and so will Judge be after BT's release, Xersoci can discard sashes too, overall it's a pretty nice deck to use

Meinshao is annoying to play against and annoying to play IMO. I don't care for it. Between Meinshao and Metagross there are good reasons to run a single Durant or Red Card (Durant is better IMO). 

I've won consistently against Meinshao with my Noivern deck though, even though it has Malamar EX in it with Fighting weakness. Noivern pretty much destroys the deck.

Are Sceptile Ex or Mega Sceptile not an option? I mean for strong competition.

They are both good, but not totally awesome. I run several variants of Sceptile including a Turbo Mega Sceptile (turn 1 Mega Sceptile with Lugia EX), Mega Sceptile/Mega Ventasaur, Sceptile/Malamar EX, Sceptile/Victreebel, Sceptile/Ariados, Sceptile/Ariados/Leafeon.

They are all pretty comparable and good with subtle differences in strengths and weaknesses. Most of the straight Sceptile variants are pretty good, but are hurt badly by Gengar/Wobbufett because they rely on abilities to setup Sceptile's attack.

Sceptile/Leafeon is actually surprisingly good.

I like the idea of heavy Noivern line with a few Noivern Break and a Gengar BT line, It might work better than having a bench full of bats waiting to be discarded by Parallel City.  Boomburst and then go for the kill with Gengar or Noivern Break,  even if you use DDE and they have an assault vest you'll be setting up everyone else for a Creep Show.

What about Reserve Ticket?

Is there ways other than Red Card in Standard to force your opponent to shuffle?  Lots of Reserve Tickets would be cool, I think.  Set yourself up a Sycamore for next turn, or whatever.

MeinShao Eeveelutions.

deck space thou ... i  guess u can fit them in, But mienshao does well on its own, even thou eeveelutions would speed it up but again, free targets for lysandre !

Back to the thread, and i know new cards and strategies are coming, but can someone post a manectric/regice build for me to have somewhere to start from?

I guess gengar will be back in standard with float stone and skyla, and i think i'll make it gengar/wobba or gengar/trevenant... or maybe a mix of both, even though i prefer wobbuffet.

I'm running a  gengar/psychic mirage gardevoir in expanded and it came out pretty well considering the odds, setting up gardevoir really soon regularly. Besides gardevoir, i use hoopa ex to bring keldeo, wailord and gengar, and even to attack with it as i can snipe anything for 2 basic energies and discard only one. I found it to be a good option with gardevoir combo. Wailord with max potion is a good wall for gengar too, although it's ability isn't useful like wobbuffet's or trevenant's. And with DV in play i can dark corridor for 1 energy with gengar, and this was the main objective while building this deck.

I can also see the new baby yveltal match up a dark deck pretty well, although i'm gonna use it in expanded with darkrai ex and new zoroark, and i think it will be devastating. Darkrais once won world's, and if you add yveltal's attack plus it's ability, you'll be KOing the active and a bench ex at the same time. It's gonna be fun.

From my experience at the highest levels of AOR Standard, in as close as I can get to a "best-to-worst" list (at least in the tiers I've sorted), but with all listed being strong competitors, here is my tier list:

Night March/Milotic

Seismitoad/Giratina

---(I personally feel these are the two strongest decks in AOR Standard)---

Speed Rayquaza (I used this to great success this set, my list is in the forums)

Manectric/Regice

Giratina/Aromatisse (Probably the most solid Giratina-centric deck in all of Standard)

Say, what's the purpose/strategy with aromatisse/giratina?

And what about speed ray, what do you mean by speed? It's already supposed to be a fast deck right?

And what about speed ray, what do you mean by speed? It's already supposed to be a fast deck right?

With Aromatisse you can move the Double Dragon Energy around and heal up Giratina. Also lets you use Xernias to accelerate energy onto Giratina so you don't have to rely on Double Colorless. 

This is will probably be pretty good in the new format with Max Potion and Parallel City. You can use Giratina to keep Parallel City locked in, and Max Potion to keep Giratina alive.

I've stocked up on Ninetales and Giratina-EX in recent days in preparation for the coming of Parallel City. (Not that I would use those in same the same deck together).

Yeah, I think Parallel City is going to be a real pain in the XYZ.....

I was just about to try and put together a Mega Gardevoir deck, but I don't see that as viable once Parallel City comes out... 

I've also got 3K in coins saved up to buy 5 card packs as soon as they are available too.

I think Mega Rayquaza is still going to be good though, just going to need to run a 2/2 line of Ninetails instead of 1/1, and may need to run 1 Paint Roller. I think I'm going to go with my Regirock / Mega Rayquaza variant with 2/2 Ninetails and no Alteria. 

Fairy energy acceleration, and the ability to move around the energy to AZ your Giratina and heal it up. Max Potion comes next set, not this one, iirc.

Speed Ray focuses on multiple Hoopa, Battle Compressor, and Mega Turbo to achieve a knockout on your first attacking turn in exchange for some consistency and lasting power.

DonbranFL can you re-direct me to the speed ray build you said you post?

EDIT: oh regarding giratina, it still relies on dde right, so if you wanna az it or max potion it there goes the dde. And aromatisse can't manipulate it anyways. Is it that way?

DonbranFL can you re-direct me to the speed ray build you said you post?

EDIT: oh regarding giratina, it still relies on dde right, so if you wanna az it or max potion it there goes the dde. And aromatisse can't manipulate it anyways. Is it that way?

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/35088-deck-profile-turbo-rayquaza/

Turbo Ray is in a bit of a weird spot during XY-BKT because Parallel is overhyped and pretty much only beats Turbo Ray. It might require a slight rebuild to include a 2-2 Ninetails line and sacrifice the electric matchup in exchange for the early party of the new format. Or you could just choose not to play it for a couple weeks like me, lol.

DDE is a Fairy while attached, so you can move it to your benched Giratina/Hydreigon.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/35088-deck-profile-turbo-rayquaza/

Turbo Ray is in a bit of a weird spot during XY-BKT because Parallel is overhyped and pretty much only beats Turbo Ray. It might require a slight rebuild to include a 2-2 Ninetails line and sacrifice the electric matchup in exchange for the early party of the new format. Or you could just choose not to play it for a couple weeks like me, lol.

DDE is a Fairy while attached, so you can move it to your benched Giratina/Hydreigon.

Right of course dde is multi type!

Yeah as for parallel world, might be a problem now.

I checked your rayquaza list donbran, turns out i had seen it already.

I think i'm gonna go for a giratina/fairy build, it's cheaper than manectric's one, as i'm just missing 2 giratinas. Of course i don't know the build and never seen it play, but i think i'll manage to make one just right.

Should i rather include fairy garden or parallel city to disrupt a little more? Or both maybe? And maybe a "supporting" Lugia in case things go south? It can hit for 170 pretty easily with aromatisse.

I still love Dragon M Ray

But there are too many terrible things, Fairies, Silent Lab, Giratina and Wobbuffet.

The deck only has M Ray as an attacker and relies on basics with abilities to power it up.  Hex Maniac is sort of not an option; using your supporter for the turn either turning off Giratina so you can attack or Lysandre for switching Wobbuffet really hurts.  Also somewhat reliant on the Dragon Energy for speed and streaming Dragon Ascent.

Yeah, now that you mention wobbuffets, they can easily shut down aromatisse, now that float stone is standard again, as well as trevenants may represent a problem. On the other hand, manectric / regice with garbotoxin may be in advantage, shutting all ability decks and able to prevent attacks from ex pokémon.

I'm still struggling about which of these should i build, so i guess i'm building both little by little :P

Garbodor is rotated, no?

I had some fun today running Zoroark BKT with Bronzong.  I think I brought Mega Aggron 2-1 line a Dialga EX (which didn't see play) and a the oh so useful Lugia EX. 

Oooh dang you're right, i forgot it's rotated.

Well regarding bronzongs and dialga i'm running an expanded with 3-3-2 bronzong-dialga-keldeo for 2 or 3 days and it's doing just fine, i'm loving it!! Won me a lot of tournaments yesterday, and 2nd places. But i just realized i'm running 3 birch instead of colress xD i'll fix it right away!

I'm still thinking if i should add giovanni to make it a ohko along with muscle band, instead of the usual 170 with muscle band. But then again, dialga's first attack is already good enough most of the cases, to ko the turn after, if the ex has more than 170hp.

Only problem is that it's a bit slow drawing, but consistent in the long run. I won games losing 6 to 1 or 2 prizes! Even when i'm losing, i can predict if i'm gonna win the game or not, cause it's a very consistent deck.

I'm also working on darkrai ex - yveltal bt - zoroark bt - sableye deck for expanded. I love expanded, but i created this thread cause i need a couple competitive decks for standard, for tournaments at least.

Archived