XY:BREAK Through - Decks

pokemasterTz

00dragonite00

I disagree with you, you can use things like oblivion wing or dark patch that are type specific, and then swap. 

I said before: multi-type decks. Btw, you still have to send the energy you want on them to the discard pile first. It's more of a hassle than a strategy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 00dragonite00

• rgp151

• pokemasterTz

• Pika36521

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thinking about a gengar(BT)/forretress (thorn tempest) deck right now haha

I don't really get all the hype for Gengar / Bats. 2 stage 2's in the same deck? No thanks. Not sure if it will be playable, but hey. I hope I'm wrong.

I was thinking of an Ursaring deck with Eeveelutions - the new Ursaring has an attack that can drag a benched pokemon out and deal 50 damage on it, and with a Muscle Band and hitting for weakness, it

00dragonite00

My most wanted Decks from BT are:

-M Mewtwo Y / NxD Gardevoir

-Houndoom Mill

-Camerupt-ex

-Gengar / Crobat

- FOOTPRINTS OF THE HERD !

I wonder if there are any good Glalie builds.

Blacksmith + Burning Energy doesn't work. Burning Energy only counts as Fire Energy when it's attached to a Pokémon, which means it doesn't count as such in the discard pile, preventing Blacksmith from getting it.

These XY-Series Special Energies, man. -_-'

The idea is that burning energy reattaches itself and blacksmith reattaches 2 more (i can see this work in camerupt decks). No one spoke of reattaching burning energy with blacksmith... besides impossible, it would make no sense. Altough i see no purpose if we're talking about houndoom ex... you either use one or the other.

I can see Camerupt seeing consistent play together with heavy ball re-print and ultra ball, heavy boots (+20hp=200hp), burning energy, blacksmith, delphox (mystical  fire), lysandre and some disrupturs and energies.

Camerupt is an awesome attacker, it can easily hit for 250 or less and with 200hp it's hard to put down. Plus if you want to use max potions you're always recovering hp, unless you suffer ohko. Shame they're expanded.

lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

i would have loved barrier on  houndoom ex anyway i would like to test some camerupt magma+ houndoom ex to see how much i can survive against energy removals.

Smeargle could be useful in a Tyrantrum-EX deck, or in a Stage 1 Blacksmith type deck where you could Blacksmith for two Fire, then change a fire out for something else, like possibly in a Hippowdon deck or something...

I wonder if there are any good Glalie builds.

Glalie-ex might be good with Battle rep or Judge

M Glalie-ex won't, cuz getting ten damage counters on it is way too risky

Edited by ChawkyV

Smeargle could be useful in a Tyrantrum-EX deck, or in a Stage 1 Blacksmith type deck where you could Blacksmith for two Fire, then change a fire out for something else, like possibly in a Hippowdon deck or something...

Smeargle is gonna be useful in many decks, mostly Tyrantrum & Tyranitar

Here's another strategy I want to try: Using Gothitelle's Teleport room ability with Mega Mewtwo X! Just think - There are great stadiums to use with it:

Dimension Valley to cut its attack cost

Shrine of Memories to Let it utilize Mewtwo Red's damage swapping move.

Parellel City to cut damage against it, and remove the spare Shaymins on your field.

Silient Lab to really annoy opponents.

It might be a lot to do to develop it, But with 230 HP and a powerful attack, I think M Mewtwo X has some interesting potential! Of course, I'd use Landorus to accel Energy, or Wobbuffet for stalling to develop it.

00dragonite00

Probably not a top tier deck, but seems like it would be fun:

Vileplume (AOR) + Eeveelutions + Noctowl (BRK)

Maybe add in a tanky pokemon to help the set up.

Edited by 00dragonite00

Probably not a top tier deck, but seems like it would be fun:

Vileplume (AOR) + Eeveelutions + Noctowl (BRK)

Maybe add in a tanky pokemon to help the set up.

Might work. Maybe use the hand scope, to know the cards in opponent's hand. But you need drawing power, evolving and energy attachment, without using items. What do you think of Wailord Ex for tanky? Just add float stone.

I can't wait for BreakThrough Zoroark and Yveltal baby though...! Yveltal has tool canceling while active, and deals 60 damage + 60 more damage to one opponent benched ex... great match up for Darkrai Ex deck, along with the new Zoroark instead of Keldeo Ex. 2nd EDIT: plus, adding zoroark break will be awesome: 140hp, keldeo's ability, foul play for 1 dark or mind jack for 2 dce

Just put some dark patches and energy switches, along with laserbank and some other disruptors, maybe an Yveltal Ex to join the party if needed and junk hunt Sableye, and i got myself an even better expanded dark deck... i think.

EDIT: What about BT Raikou? 20 more damage for each lightning energy attached, and 20 less damage from attacks. Any ideas besides BT Magnezone or is it not worth?

2nd EDIT: Plus, adding zoroark break in this darkrai or any deck will be awesome: 140hp, keldeo's ability, foul play for 1 dark, or mind jack for 2 dce as an awesome counter for mega ray col too.

Edited by Cuqk

Honestly, I'm looking at more of the cards now and I can already tell I'm not going to like this expansion. Too much stuff seems way OP. There are lots of pokemon now that can easily hit for 200+ damage, which means its moving back to a fast OHKO type game, which I don't really care for. Ah well...

lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

maybe they are trying to move to non-full-ex decks.

i am not that hyped aout break pokemons considering that they are like a stage+1 to the actuall stage1-2 most break pokes refers to.

This was many posts ago, but 'burning' energy doesn't say it has to be discarded from the active pokemon to refresh from the discard but only discarded as part of an effect of an attack.   I dunno, 'burning' energy seems like a waste, so many of my fire-type decks rely on basic fire energy for so many different things, opening yourself up to more enhanced hammering doesn't seem worth it. 

lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

yeah.

u discard a burning energy from houndoom ex to use attack -> at the end the energy go back to the pokemon

u use hammer on burning energy -> byebye burning energy.

that's why the hype around this special energy is meh. because actually decks are running hammers and trainers to discard energies.

i hope there will be the day that fire get barrier EX. 

Edited by lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

Get the feeling 'Ancient Traits' are finished.  You can't accelerate Burning Energy with Blacksmith, you can't discard it for draw. . . I dunno, I'll try it, but for Camerupt, which really benefits from DCE having 8 special energies is too much,  Trash Tentacle - Enhanced Hammer.  Blaziken EX would be able to fish it out of the discard, it might make a good back up for Camerupt EX, as a pokemon to stack energy on and fight when necessary.

AT was the gimmick of ORAS, and now we're onto the BREAK gimmick of XY&Z anime. So it would make sense that we don't get more ATs, even though Delta Evolution was awesomesauce.

I'm excited for Dark in Standard with the new Zoroark.
Magnezone/Raikou/Pikachu EX when we get that will be cool with Fisherman.

Maxie's Gallade could be cool.

Raichu Bats with the new Break to handle annoying cards when you don't have a big enough bench might work.
Mewtwo Y looks fun, and is far-and-away the best looking FA in the set, IMO.

Float Stone coming back is VERY welcome. Giovanni is a cool 1-of in a lot of existing decks. Fisherman is cute, HGSS one carries a lot more value now. Parallel is overhyped and people will be GLAD to discard their Shaymins for you. All it really hurts are Skyfield decks, which aren't even the strongest in the format, and Toad, which is falling in popularity.

That's about how I feel about this expansion.

royalebouquet

I will play:

Raikou / Magnezone / Octillery with 1 Shaymin-EX. Lots of battle compressor, vs seeker, fisherman, rare candy :P

But also Gengar-EX with Trevenant. With float stone back, this deck can rock again. Search engines for turn 1 Trevenant would be 3 Shaymin-EX, 2 battle compressor, 4 vs seekers, 2 wally. Right now it works fine, maybe add a 3th battle compressor to make sure to get that wally in the discard pile as vs seeker target turn 1 :)

But my most favorite and successful deck at the moment is Vileplume / Regice / Miltank. Although only Skyla is added from Break Through, furthermore that deck did not change with the new cards.