XY:BREAK Through - Decks

pokemasterTz

always game with ghosts, my currently standard deck is golurk/eevolutions but I believe after BT gengar will be the most conpetitive ghost deck

already thinking  and working on the deck and gengar / Crobat works not so well but it's not all bad I have tested gengar / gengar ex / deoxys is the result is encouraging

gengar ex places markers at no cost while you run your stages 2 in bench and you canreturn it  to hand with az, deoxys speeds up your game and does 30 damage for 1 energy, deck runs with little energy left room for wally

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 00dragonite00

• rgp151

• pokemasterTz

• Pika36521

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thinking about a gengar(BT)/forretress (thorn tempest) deck right now haha

I don't really get all the hype for Gengar / Bats. 2 stage 2's in the same deck? No thanks. Not sure if it will be playable, but hey. I hope I'm wrong.

I was thinking of an Ursaring deck with Eeveelutions - the new Ursaring has an attack that can drag a benched pokemon out and deal 50 damage on it, and with a Muscle Band and hitting for weakness, it

pokemasterTz

I know that the decks I'm most excited about, just because its using one of my favorite Pokemon, is going to be Noivern.

I'm thinking of using 4 Noivern FF + 3 Noivern Break.

This will be awesome. Noivern will still have Echolocation, but he'll have 130 HP and be able to hit for 150! Run this with Battle Reporter and it will kick ****.

I mean seriously, Furious Fist Noivern with Break is going to be a beast. Only a 50% chance to hit him, and he can both hit for 30 to all pokemon or hit for 70 or 150. That's going to be crazy.

Can you tell me why you would not use hugh or judge? If you have more cards, reporter does not work.

gengar break trough list deck

pokemon 18

4-4-3 gengar

2 gengar ex

1 deoxys

2 absol 

2 shaymin

supporter 13

2 az

2 sycamore

2 birch

2 shauna

2 lysandre

1 team mate

2 wally

itens/stadium 23

4 dimensional valey

3 charm

2 nivel ball

4 utra ball

3 vs seeker

1 adv hammer

1 sacred ash

4 trainer mail

1 switch

energis 6

6 psiquiq

has worked very well, but still has problems with some cards particularly rough seas, I accept suggestions

00dragonite00

No love for fire decks? Blacksmith + Burning Energy is a pretty big move. Houndoom is my favorite pokemon of all time, so I plan on building a deck around him. :D

SharKing319

Blacksmith + Burning Energy doesn't work. Burning Energy only counts as Fire Energy when it's attached to a Pokémon, which means it doesn't count as such in the discard pile, preventing Blacksmith from getting it.

These XY-Series Special Energies, man. -_-'

Can you tell me why you would not use hugh or judge? If you have more cards, reporter does not work.

Yeah, I guess those would be better. I've just completely ignored Hugh, because it seems like an otherwise horrible card :P

00dragonite00

Blacksmith + Burning Energy doesn't work. Burning Energy only counts as Fire Energy when it's attached to a Pokémon, which means it doesn't count as such in the discard pile, preventing Blacksmith from getting it.

These XY-Series Special Energies, man. -_-'

Oh yea, that's a little lame. but I still like the potential of it (fire decks). Does Burning Energy work with Flareon's ability?

Edited by 00dragonite00
SharKing319

Does Burning Energy work with Flareon's ability?

Yeah, you can attach it to any Stage 1 with Flareon in play. However, that's kinda risky, since Burning Energy will have to be discarded from any non-Fire Stage 1s the instant your opponent plays Garbodor's Garbotoxin, Wobbuffet's Bide Barricade, or Hex Maniac.

Yeah, you can attach it to any Stage 1 with Flareon in play. However, that's kinda risky, since Burning Energy will have to be discarded from any non-Fire Stage 1s the instant your opponent plays Garbodor's Garbotoxin, Wobbuffet's Bide Barricade, or Hex Maniac.

Not to mention the fact that most non-fire Stage 1 pokemon don't discard energy on their attacks anyway. I can't think of many, except Jolteon. 

lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

burning energy is JUST for thiose discard energy attacks.

problem is all those pokemons

plus

all those energy removal trainers that already are flooding the meta. they just need to add 1-2 hammers and done.

00dragonite00

Anyone think that Professor's Letter + Lugia Ex + Magnezone would see any play?

Might as well add Battle Compressor + Energy Retrieval + Fisherman to that deck build.

Edited by 00dragonite00

I don't think burning energy is that great. For one thing, discarding energy can be good to reduce damage taken by Yveltal type attacker. Secondly, it can help to transfer energy to different attackers. Plus you can't get it back out of the discard and it will be easier to get discarded by hammers. I think the hype for this energy is very misplaced.

pokemasterTz

Also, it seems Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) is going to be a staple to counter Noivern and other bench attacking decks.

No. Mr.Mime is kind of bad. Like really bad. It wastes a bench spot and is shut down by Garbotoxin, and Hex maniac, and is not even that good. 

00dragonite00

No. Mr.Mime is kind of bad. Like really bad. It wastes a bench spot and is shut down by Garbotoxin, and Hex maniac, and is not even that good. 

Basically any pokemon that has an ability is shut down by them, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. We'll see when it's released and how much Noivern is played.

danielpeebles

so, do you think more people will play STANDARD mode with the new expansion?  I enjoy playing Standard sometimes, as expanded can just have such a wide variety of cards that can seem overwhelming at times.

to get back on topic, I'm excited to try to attempt Camerupt-ex with camerupt-team-magma using the new special energy for fire type.  Sit down vespiqueen!

Edited by danielpeebles

I wonder how Camerupt is going to work with the new energy? If you discard the Flare from a different pokemon, does it still not go to the discard?

Also, I ONLY play standard. I hate N and Keldeo, and pretty much play Standard just because of those two cards :P Plus, when AO came out I traded all my rotated cards to get AO stuff.

Cwarfare718

I was hoping this thread would have decklists :/. But since we're just posting thoughts, here are a few things I think have great potential:

Zoroark- A great utility attacker. Zoroark has a great ability especially in conjunction with the float stone reprint. And since it attacks for DCE it can be splashed into a lot of decks. Keldeo was great, Zoroark has the same ability and a useful attack to make up for it being an evolution.

Zoroark Break- This is one of those cards who's playability will be based on the meta. Big ex attackers look promising and copying their attacks for 1 energy seems great. 1Dark for Turbo Volt, Chaos Wheel or Dragon Impact are likely results that are crazy good. Nobody hates stage 2s more than me...lol, but stage 1 Zoroark is good on it's own so playing 1-2 copies of Break may work out.

Gallade- Maxie's Gallade might be the best thing to come out of this set. Gallade attacks for DCE so it can be splashed into anything. It can be used to even the prize exchange against non-ex decks or can take advantage of Fighting support. It can also be used to support a deck that is weak against Manectric. AND it has a useful ability...it's a matter of time before someone figures out what to pair with Gallade.

Octillery- Draw supporters are so underwhelming in this format, Octillery can be viable. 1-1/2-2 lines can give you draw support without being a huge liability like Shaymin. Also Archie's, not having to waste deck space or turns with Remoraid you can turn 1 Octillery and start drawing right away.

Does anyone have an idea for using Smeargle? Smeargle can be OP if someone can come up with something...

Edited by Cwarfare718
00dragonite00

Does anyone have an idea for using Smeargle? Smeargle can be OP if someone can come up with something...

The only way I can see his ability being effective is in a Dragon Deck that doesn't rely on DD energy, or multiple-type decks. Even then, his use seems more like bad luck (with drawing the wrong energy you needed) rather than part of a strategy.

The only way I can see his ability being effective is in a Dragon Deck that doesn't rely on DD energy, or multiple-type decks. Even then, his use seems more like bad luck (with drawing the wrong energy you needed) rather than part of a strategy.

So decks like Golurk and Vespiquen, each of which tend to use Eeveelutions to become multi-typed?

00dragonite00

So decks like Golurk and Vespiquen, each of which tend to use Eeveelutions to become multi-typed?

The thing with eeveelutions is that once you play the energy, you evolve it to the flareon/jolteon/vaporeon. Smeargle would have no use in it unless you opponent plays Baltoy's(?) Devolution.

Smeargle would work on a "rainbow" type of pokemon that can only have one energy, and each different type of energy can do different effects. He's so niche that I don't see any value.

pokemasterTz

The thing with eeveelutions is that once you play the energy, you evolve it to the flareon/jolteon/vaporeon. Smeargle would have no use in it unless you opponent plays Baltoy's(?) Devolution.

Smeargle would work on a "rainbow" type of pokemon that can only have one energy, and each different type of energy can do different effects. He's so niche that I don't see any value.

I disagree with you, you can use things like oblivion wing or dark patch that are type specific, and then swap. 

Edited by pokemasterTz

My most wanted Decks from BT are:

-M Mewtwo Y / NxD Gardevoir

-Houndoom Mill

-Camerupt-ex

-Gengar / Crobat

- FOOTPRINTS OF THE HERD !