XY:BREAK Through - Decks

pokemasterTz

Hello, I am curious to know what decks you can make with the new cards in BREAKThrough. Here are my ideas, feel free to post yours:

NxD Gardevoir/ M Mewtwo Y

Toad/ M Glaielie

M Houndoom/ Crobat / Burning Energy / Blacksmith / Mega Turbo

Raichu BREAK/ Magnezone

Blatoise, Emboar or Magnzone/ M Mewtwo Y

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I am curious to know what decks you can make with the new cards in BREAKThrough. Here are my ideas, feel free to post yours:

Toad/ M Glaielie

Raichu BREAK/ Magnezone

Do you mean magnezone-ex?

^ No, he clearly means the new Magnezone with Magnetic Circuit, which lets you attach as many Lightning Energy as you want in a turn.

Though I would think the new Raikou would be a more feasible partner for it than Raichu BREAK.

Raichu Break is kind of like a stage 2, that's what I understand, or does 'break' happen delta evolution style?  It's still a lot of deck space alongside Magnezone, but Raichu Break would be disgusting; no retreat cost, massive damage, able to use the Thunderclap attack too (One Lightning One Colourless Does 50 damage to each of your opponent's EXs)?  Seems like a few really awesome things to make it worthwhile having to evolve and break it.  Raikou is pretty amazing as a basic! Maybe it could also partner with M Manectric, let you dish out a bigger hit without having the liability of being worth 2 prizes, like Lugia EX and Yveltal EX, 4 lightning energy would be 130 damage.

Are all the pokemon in this set crazy like these two??

Raichu Break is kind of like a stage 2, that's what I understand, or does 'break' happen delta evolution style?  It's still a lot of deck space alongside Magnezone, but Raichu Break would be disgusting; no retreat cost, massive damage, able to use the Thunderclap attack too (One Lightning One Colourless Does 50 damage to each of your opponent's EXs)?  Seems like a few really awesome things to make it worthwhile having to evolve and break it.  Raikou is pretty amazing as a basic! Maybe it could also partner with M Manectric, let you dish out a bigger hit without having the liability of being worth 2 prizes, like Lugia EX and Yveltal EX, 4 lightning energy would be 130 damage.

Are all the pokemon in this set crazy like these two??

M Mewtwo is a monster. 

^ No, he clearly means the new Magnezone with Magnetic Circuit, which lets you attach as many Lightning Energy as you want in a turn.

Though I would think the new Raikou would be a more feasible partner for it than Raichu BREAK.

Thanks man. I am not up on ALL the new cards yet :P sounds cool!

And i agree that the Raikou would be better.

Will rare candy work with BREAK cards? Like could we get a Chespin and then use the candy to make it into ChesnaughtBREAK?

My guess is, since break cards are like another evolution(I think), it would not work of chesnaught cause they would be considered a stage 3 but right and zoroark would be considered a stage 2 so i guess it would work with them, but this is just a theory so I'm probably not correct.

Rare Candy won't work on BREAKs simply because it only works specifically for Stage 2 Pokémon. It wouldn't work on BREAKs anyway because BREAKs on their own aren't complete Pokémon cards; it's the same reason why Archie and Maxie don't work.

Toad/ M Glaielie

Raichu BREAK/ Magnezone

What no typhlosion love? I will be rocking one of those asap!

How do you know what the cards are already? The database on this site only has like 9 cards right now.

You can find them with a quick search online, I cant link or mention the site though due to the forum rules. People have known for months.

Gengar is the most OP thing ever

If the opponent's Active Pokémon has 3 or more damage counters on it, that Pokémon is Knocked Out.

and uses same energy as the bats :lol:  damaged bench itself.. basically.. stupid

If the opponent's Active Pokémon has 3 or more damage counters on it, that Pokémon is Knocked Out.

and uses same energy as the bats :lol:  damaged bench itself.. basically.. stupid

Yeah, I'd really enjoy doing a Gengar-Bats deck, only problem is he's a Stage 2 but Haunter also has a cool move.

I don't really get all the hype for Gengar / Bats. 2 stage 2's in the same deck? No thanks.

Not sure if it will be playable, but hey. I hope I'm wrong.

I was thinking of an Ursaring deck with Eeveelutions - the new Ursaring has an attack that can drag a benched pokemon out and deal 50 damage on it, and with a Muscle Band and hitting for weakness, it could hit for even more.

I do not believe Gengar will see play. Two stage 2 lines make most decks inconsistent, and Gengar can get knocked out right after it knocks out. Then you have to set it up all over again. We have seen something like this before withSuper Fang raticate. Its just not going to work.

i depends, i dont think it will be an issue there are plenty of ways to use it, even without more stage 2's, and its existence there also gives the opponent a problem, as it can come in and basically kill something, it would remove a trouble some EX or another game turner.

I don't really get all the hype for Gengar / Bats. 2 stage 2's in the same deck? No thanks.

Not sure if it will be playable, but hey. I hope I'm wrong.

Forget Gengar Bats, Gengar NOIVERN!

I know that the decks I'm most excited about, just because its using one of my favorite Pokemon, is going to be Noivern.

I'm thinking of using 4 Noivern FF + 3 Noivern Break.

This will be awesome. Noivern will still have Echolocation, but he'll have 130 HP and be able to hit for 150! Run this with Battle Reporter and it will kick ****.

I mean seriously, Furious Fist Noivern with Break is going to be a beast. Only a 50% chance to hit him, and he can both hit for 30 to all pokemon or hit for 70 or 150. That's going to be crazy.

• I'm not all that competitive so it may not be good. but I'm thinking of having Typhlosion/ Burning energy. If  everything gets set up right it can do 130. 150 with a muscle band, and it discards the opponents energy. It becomes near impossible to do any damage to it and it could be a game changer. Sure there is the fact its a stage 2. but wally and rare candy will help with that.

Archived