ShadowLuxeye

[MAC] Patching - Refresher checking for update and not loading on Mac

ShadowLuxeye

Hi,

On a Macbook Pro I've tried to install the Pokemon TCGO many times. First time I had success loading the game and beat the tutorial, but the game crashed as I loaded my cards. I had went on it again after that and it had worked but every word in the login screen had dots in between them. It wouldn't log in, so then again I had tried to restart the application. The big problem then happened; it said:

Please wait, checking for refresher update...

Checking for refresher update...

And then below it there was a bar with a shaded orange colour and it would not go fully orange, just stuck at the 0% loaded part (bear in mind it just had the un-coloured bar, not the 0% text). Many, many times I had re-installed the refresher, deleted all the stuff relating to the TCGO, duplicated the Refresher thing I had found in the Show Package Contents - Contents - Resources - Refresher and clicked 'repair' and looked into the code of when it runs and it said something about stopped jobs. It still doesn't work. Somebody please help!

ShadowLuxeye

bump

Mod_Jube

Howdy,

A few things that you can try include:

1. Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, switch "Allow apps downloaded from" -> Anywhere (to ensure that the game can download any required updates.

2. Go to your download folder and delete all instances of PokemonInstaller_Mac.dmg

3. Update to the latest version of OS X. The issue with the dots sounds like it could be a graphics issue. If you do not have the newest version of OS X, it may contain updated drivers that will help to resolve the issue. You can also go to Apple Support, select your hardware on the right hand side, then select "Downloads" from the bottom left, see if there are any relevant updates for your system.

If this does not help, please feel free to contact Customer Support for further tips.

Thanks!