Hoothoots?

Echomask

Does anyone else thing the hoothoots in the Grass deck are fairly worthless? Since its evolution isn't offered, they're kind of wastes of space.

Does anyone else thing the hoothoots in the Grass deck are fairly worthless? Since its evolution isn't offered, they're kind of wastes of space.

They are good for their fighting resistance. ...Uh... And that's it. Although that resistance comes in handy sometimes.

hoothoot is actually useful. use its first atk to make the pokemon fall asleep. then just feed energy to ur bench pokemons

But if they wake up it's a pain. When I used them with the grass starter.. well I rarely used them, but when I did.. well yeah, they're useless and anyways, if anything, they were sacrifice pokemon for my supposed benefit. Which isn't a very good technique-- usually means I'm losing.

Just finished beating all three leaugues though!! ^^

hoothoot is actually useful. use its first atk to make the pokemon fall asleep. then just feed energy to ur bench pokemons

But if they wake up it's a pain. When I used them with the grass starter.. well I rarely used them, but when I did.. well yeah, they're useless and anyways, if anything, they were sacrifice pokemon for my supposed benefit. Which isn't a very good technique-- usually means I'm losing.

Just finished beating all three leaugues though!! ^^

oh just pray that they wont wake up :P

actually the AI is so stupid that Hoothotts are not that useless after all...personally they often helped me pave the way to a quick victory whenever i had to choose a basic pokemon to start the game and if i had oen in my hand i would always make him active rather than wasting a Turtwip or a Chikorita,unless i had Jigglypuff since Hoothoot first attack is cheap,even if it doesnt damage it still helps buying time to build up other pokemons in the bech,especially if the Ai is unlucky with coin flips and since generally they cant be beaten in less than 3 turns (at the beginning of a match no Ai pokemon so far can beat it faster) they are still pretty solid.

honestly teddyursa without evo are much worse(not that ursaring is that much worth the enrgies it needs),since attacking means losing 10hp everytime plus the 20dmg most pokemons can do it against it really shorten its survivability to 2 rounds while lucky coin flips can make your HootHoot last even 6 or more (happened to me) so dont completely underestimate them,even if obviously nobody would ever use them if given the choice.lol.

They are good for their fighting resistance. ...Uh... And that's it. Although that resistance comes in handy sometimes.

I managed to stall for 8 turns with a hoothoot ... but I will still take them out so that I don't need to stall that long to get my pokemon out and set up.

Yeh, Hoothoot is usually only good when you start with it out, to build up some energy, though I prefer Turtwig as he only needs 1 energy to be effective, meaning you can build up while he heals himself, and he even has 2 good evolutions. Noctowl is very good tech, as it has a draw effect, which is always good, but without the possibility of evolving for him, Hoothoot is usually a waste of space. There are occasions where your losing and they have something like Metagross or Machamp, that Hoothoot can save your hide, given other Basics will just be OTK'd anyway, but the AI suck so that doesn't happen often.

Archived