Ditching Games

DarkManMousey

I think that it is wrong to have the automatic draw if a player "loses connection" and his/her opponent dosen't feel like waiting the 5 minutes for the win. I have personally had at least ten players manually leave a game on the last turn before the win could be declaired. It would be more benificial to all players if the wait time to reconnect was closer to 1 minute rather than 5 for the people who genuinely did lose their connection, as it gets very aggrivating playing 3 games in a row only to have every player ditch the game to avoid a loss. That is 15 minutes wasted doing nothing for 3 wins. A whole game could be played in that wasted time.

I just see it as a loophole given to unsporting players to doge losses rather than take them and proceed forward.

Thank you for your time.

I think that it is wrong to have the automatic draw if a player "loses connection" and his/her opponent dosen't feel like waiting the 5 minutes for the win. I have personally had at least ten players manually leave a game on the last turn before the win could be declaired. It would be more benificial to all players if the wait time to reconnect was closer to 1 minute rather than 5 for the people who genuinely did lose their connection, as it gets very aggrivating playing 3 games in a row only to have every player ditch the game to avoid a loss. That is 15 minutes wasted doing nothing for 3 wins. A whole game could be played in that wasted time.

I just see it as a loophole given to unsporting players to doge losses rather than take them and proceed forward.

Thank you for your time.

i so agree on this people should not be able to get a chance to get back on if they d/c they should just lose. even if the internet goes out.

Exactly what I always say. 1-2 minutes should be fine: one should reconnect ASAP and not first chat with some friends, check facebook and twitter, check the forums and then finally decide to reconnect. The only time a disconnect should legitimately take more than 1 minute is when that player's internet stays down. And in that case that player doesn't even expect to get back in the game, but even if that wouldn't be the case: 5 minutes is indeed just way too long.

oh when will the game devleopers hear our plea? mods please hear out our supplications to make it an autoloss. this game will be faster and fun if you do that.

Thank you, DarkManMousey for writing that.

They should change the system to of disconnecting in one of two ways.

1) Leaving a game equals an automatic loss for that player.

2) A player who disconnects get a maximum of 1 minute to reenter a game in case that player clicked out of the game by accident. After 1 minute has passed without reentry, that player gets an automatic loss. Each player should be allowed to leave a game only once. A second disconnect equals an automatic loss for that player.

Thats all a bit harsh. It's not liek they can enter another game while delaying you and rack up wins. As soon as they reconnect they are forced back into your match. How about if they disconnect a second time you inquire if you both should submit a bug report. I've yet to disconnect due to actual connection issues, it's always a bug that makes the client crash and have to refresh and reload (and we all know how long those loading screens take).

I totaly agree 5 minutes is too long but based on some personal experience right now connection issues arn't always the cause of delay getting back in after a disconnect... It's the game choking when it's trying to reload because it's so unstable at the moment. Heck sometime this has taken longer then 5 minutes to resolve and sometime it can't be resolved and the player has to wait for the match to time out before they can even log back in succesfully. So it wouldn't suprise me at all if the 5 minute wait time is to compensate for that.

After the beta and once all the bugs are resolved and features implemented I would expect smooth reconect to be possible and grace periods of 2-3 minutes should be fair and less common... For numerous reasons.

I agree with Astrobia..the game takes way too long to reload. I have been having internet connectivity problems and even if my internet is down for a second, it takes over five minutes for my laptop to reload the pages. For now, it should stay the same. However, when pokemon tcgo moves into Gamma(Or if they skip straight to full-game) the wait time should be lessened because the loading time for the screens shouldnt take as long.

Hey Guys!

We know all about these issues, we're working on this and a whole lot of other things! We'll definately put this on our to do list! Sorry about any inconveniences untill then! Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent"

Archived